Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
i take that back i don't volunteer for anything but i still think my idea is #1 best of all time
Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
i still think my idea is #1 best of all time
It's so good that almost every server/game utilizes a similar philosophy!

Really though, you don't even have to touch kingdom islands; there's nothing important there. Just add small forts (similar to Kingdom Core) at each respective Port City. Put a flag in each one (you don't even need a inside level) and a gate intertwined with whoever owns that flag.

The flags could give some small bonuses respective to which kingdom they represent (not who owns them).
Like:
-Pirates, ++Loot Drops?? Ships go faster/don't require cannonballs or something.
-Forest, No-cost healing spells; or maybe Grace Regen (as-if you were praying).
-Dustari, % Damage Reduction
-Samurai, +Melee Damage
-Zormite, Swim really fast!

Then you could easily have an EM take the flag and put a warper to host events all around the world; each fort could be designed differently to keep it fun (Pirate could be on a peninsula with ships around; Dustari could have cannons/allow fortifications; Forest could be covered in trees/obstacles.. maybe magic only?; Samurai could be melee only on the premise; Zormite could be on an island with water everywhere)
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Do it right f**king now (game play requirements):
-Stop changing our font on log-in.
-Stop changing our GUI window preferences whenever we use internal windows.
-Make players '/save' automatically at specific points (changing respawn, logging off, changing islands?). Nobody should have to deal with this feature on their own.
-Put speed back; randomly capping it when people already have past that cap is pure retardation. This is a huge negative; especially when every item has Speed+ and the map is ****ing huge. You want people to leave trade not promote standing still.
-Have players always on Kingdom Tag as default... guilds/staff/stuff would override this for RP purposes, but if you want Kingdoms to mean something then a player shouldn't be a member of the Zormite kingdom and not be recognizable/representing whenever they're online. Outlaws should be easily recognized to be recruited and whatnot.

Do it soon (simple improvements):
-Make Kingdoms/unique guilds have recognizable AP colors. There is no more trial/notrial/vip difference... use this simple system for something constructive. ETs should be easily differentiated from Samurai and Forest alike (especially when they're not bmode).
-Add a day/night/creature spawn timer of some sort... could be as simple as a changing sun/moon icon so players know the difference between bomys and reapers without having to kill them and wait.
-Overhead HP display needs numerical values and/or incremental dashes of some sort.
-Elemental/attack-type effects need to be visible on players in some way when applied and for the duration. Could be as simple as an over-head icon. 'Poisoned!' when they get hit, tint them green for the duration. This is all up for debate but it is simple as pie to do and since PvM/PvP is supposed to be the entire goal of the server, having zero distinction actually makes me feel disgusted. Overall PvM/P clarity with these ideas.
-Message Log needs to be traverse-able with mouse scroll or contained in its own window with a scroll-bar. Seriously; it's 2015... we're getting spammed with messages every-time we touch something or someone logs on/dies/respawns/sends a message/prays from 2003... let us filter and view this.

All the above should be doable within 24-48 hours honestly. Most of it is pre-existing points of reference that are just not clarified/visible to players.

Long Term Do-Age (stuff to work on):
-Kingdom competition. Give rewards for the most RP every month; make some more events for kingdoms (kingdom spar; make a water level with boat spawners, etc.) give kingdoms a reason to promote/add players and war each-other... add objectives (Samurais have captured a golden Dustarian chicken, will they go to war to reclaim the sacred egg-layer?? +5000rp if dusty gets it back (but goes to war!), -5000rp if they refuse). I don't know... just do something, get a Kingdom Admin.
-Dungeons/Monsters.. obviously. Make more HH's with different creatures/rewards. Add caves with different level creatures, I'm sure you could randomize some of the regular dungeon/labyrinth monsters to be less boring. Any monkey can make levels, and having messed with the creatures b4, there's no reason someone can't make a new dungeon in a matter of a couple work-hours (a few days of graal-time). Not everything needs to be super special effects and scripted up like the Crypt (which in-itself isn't even that complex).
-Gear/Items... this is kinda simple and most people do this first; I mean it takes from 2-30 mins to make a item depending if you need on-player animations for it or not. But it's not all just newplz.. someone could go make 40 different recolored ring/scroll icons in an hour and make this stuff more recognizable and professional.
-Scores/Points/Collectables... really add some systems or competition that people can work on after experience. Right now, once a player reaches level 110 (and 107 in like 2/6 categories) they've effectively completed the game. There needs to be a reason for players to keep logging on and to compete against each other; besides just collecting items.

I'll probably post more later if any progress actually gets made, this is tl;dr.
Are these demands or suggestions? I hear a lot of STOPS!

However your not even clear on your objectives enough.

-Is the font always changed every time you log in? Even after you change it? (or is it annoy because it changes your default graal font until you reconnect?
-"Stop changing our GUI window preference..?" What preferences are being changed, what GUIs are even you even speaking about.
-Players data is saved automatically, the /save function is just a extra precaution for you in-case the DB is somehow corrupted. Maybe we can possible change it so when a player is logged out its automatically saved, oppose to forcing the /save command on them.
-Put speed back; Uhm nah, although that most of you disagree I think a speed cap is for the overall betterment of the server. How it was before was like the entire server had staff boots. By balancing/capping the speed it brings other interesting objects forced into play, mounts etc.
-"Have players always on Kingdom Tag as default...". This isn't Era... Wearing a Kingdom tag should be that players preference. I don't think forcing the tag on the player will achieve us anything.
-"Make Kingdoms/unique guilds have recognizable AP colors". This is heading into a better direction then your previous "demands". Although i feel manipulating AP colors is sooo graal1992. Maybe we should start adding Unique kingdom icons above or below the player representing there kingdoms. This also allows them to be recognized 24/7 plus have the ability to not be bonded by a tag 24/7.
No comment on the long term goals as there to far ahead.

My suggestion
-work on gear Organization
-Try to create different tier types of gear.
-try to make gear purchasable from vendors, with certain marks rewarded from dungeons in that area.
-Add Item Levels to all Items, So that way you would be required to reach a certain item level before you can purchase the next tier.

~Kingdoms~
We just need to do something with kingdoms.. With a server named Kingdoms, we don't involve the kingdoms that much. I feel this needs to change. Maybe add weekly auto events that allow kingdoms to enter each lands and vandalize burn them to possible set war with another kingdom, gaining kingdom honor points that can be used to enchant your gear weapons.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 01-14-2015 at 10:36 PM..
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Move kingdoms to main island and allow them to be captured. Would add content to main and keep the kingdom islands from being useless.
Instead of moving Kingdoms to the main island, why not have assets in the main island that the kingdoms can capture. And maybe thier whole Kingdoms can reap from those rewards.
[email protected]

Old 01-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Are these demands or suggestions?
Game play requirements (or more in this case, requirements for me to be willing to play the game) are often not quite... suggestions.

Quote:
-"Is the font always changed every time you log in?". Even after you change it? (or is it annoy because it changes your default graal font until you reconnect?
-"Stop changing our GUI window preference..?" What preferences are being changed, what GUIs are even you even speaking about.
My font is changed every time I manually log into the server. Changing it then reconnecting will not change it back; logging off (or onto another server) then back onto GK changes it again. (Nico did this)

Internal windows are changed from default to vplusblue when using the Kingdoms button or Shop on GK. (This is fairly old; only really matters if you're leading a Kingdom).

Both of these are player settings and shouldn't be changed; which is why these were requirements.

Quote:
-Players data is saved automatically, the /save function is just a extra precaution for you in-case the DB is somehow corrupted. Maybe we can possible change it so when a player is logged out its automatically saved, oppose to forcing the /save command on them.
There was an entire thread on this and it sparked my interest as to why players should ever be held responsible for such a feature; thus the suggestion. Ya, do it auto.

Quote:
-Put speed back; Uhm nah, although that most of you disagree I think a speed cap is for the overall betterment of the server. How it was before was like the entire server had staff boots. By balancing/capping the speed it brings other interesting objects forced into play, mounts etc.
You have effectively provided a single example. An example which presents more issues than it solves; since you can't take mounts through all the dungeons, you have to actually forcibly glitch them to get them across the seas (usually involving staff powers), and they are incredibly slow through water which forces you to go around. This also requires carrying a set of 'special items' for mounts... slowing you further (saddles are fkin heavy, peg, food) and requiring their application every-time you want to use (probably 30s every-time you want to grab your peg and mount up.).

When you provide multiple 'simple and effective' methods for increasing speed then perhaps I would reconsider the cap as an effective policy. As of now; nothing of the sort has been provided and our item statistics are simply being disregarded to make travel more difficult... when one glaring issue of the server is that players aren't moving/active enough.

Quote:
-"Have players always on Kingdom Tag as default...". This isn't Era... Wearing a Kingdom tag should be that players preference. I don't think forcing the tag on the player will achieve us anything.
This is not an Erian practice.
Having our personal Graal settings changed should be a players preference.
Joining a kingdom is their preference; but as-long as they have pledged their self to that kingdom they should be recognized as such. You said it yourself; the server is named Kingdoms... represent it.

Quote:
-"Make Kingdoms/unique guilds have recognizable AP colors". This is heading into a better direction then your previous "demands". Although i feel manipulating AP colors is sooo graal1992. Maybe we should start adding Unique kingdom icons above or below the player representing there kingdoms. This also allows them to be recognized 24/7 plus have the ability to not be bonded by a tag 24/7.
Have you even played this server; logged on maybe? I'm actually laughing with this reply, you've effectively shown zero knowledge of the game.

Players already have kingdom icons... they represent players who are in Battle Mode. You wouldn't simply double this icon or dismantle this preexisting and functioning system; my suggestion was a workaround using another preexisting system that currently has no function.

Quote:
No comment on the long term goals as there to far ahead.
Still skipped a half-dozen 'soon' points. But after your single reply to this section I can see why.

Quote:
My suggestion
-work on gear Organization
-Try to create different tier types of gear.
-try to make gear purchasable from vendors, with certain marks rewarded from dungeons in that area.
-Add Item Levels to all Items, So that whay you would be required to reach a certain item level before you can purchase the next tier.
Gear organizaton?
Tier types of gear?
Purchasable okay maybe.. but marks from dungeons in the area?
However your not even clear on your objectives enough right?

I somewhat agree with item levels; but it doesn't answer any problems until the levels themselves have a value. Players overall level should actually be an overall level, and based on the average of all their skill levels. 140m and 700m experience should not both be level 110.

Quote:
~Kingdoms~
We just need to do something with kingdoms..
I know right?
All following statements were generic; had to tl;dr something.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:24 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I think my horse died, can it get restored?
Old 01-14-2015, 11:25 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Instead of moving Kingdoms to the main island, why not have assets in the main island that the kingdoms can capture. And maybe thier whole Kingdoms can reap from those rewards.
Literally my entire previous post.

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 01-15-2015 at 09:01 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Global Administration
Apologize for my ignorance regarding the kingdom icons, i don't play often enough. But enough to know the basic game play. The font issue isn't really Kingdoms, its graal really. Changing the font, ends up being a global change thing especially when its changed for chat. This is done on almost every IOS server. Ask the servers you play on to set a default font for those on logins. Servers shouldn't have to be restricted on how they choose to make there server "unique" depending on how its effected across all servers. I could easily probably update this on most classic servers so that the issue doesn't occur.

Regarding Mounts, You answered it your self. Seems like the mounts need to be fixed over the speed. Which we will be adding to our to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Literally my entire previous post.
Mines is a little different and the reply wasn't to you. Capturing flags like zodiac isn't what I'm suggesting.
[email protected]

Old 01-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
There's so much unused content on kingdom islands that could be used to fill main. main is full of useless stuff and grass and trees.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:40 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Regarding Mounts, You answered it your self. Seems like the mounts need to be fixed over the speed. Which we will be adding to our to-do list.
The only way mounts will become viable as a transportation is if they are differentiated from pets. They should be summonable/dismissable, and not require food, etc. I can't tell you how many horses I have lost due to glitches. When horses are on follow, and you swim across water, it's a risk of having your horse become permanently stuck in the water. This is a known bug, and losing a 5th generation black horse in this manner is extremely frustrating.

If you want to cap speed, fine, but let's address some of the other issues with mobility. The terrain system can reduce even the fastest player to a crawl. Older players have developed an odd way of moving around the map, zig-zagging over and around these known "hill" areas, and it's fairly dumb that they have to do so. Part of the reason people are so interested in having the highest possible speed is to compensate for having a very strange and poorly designed terrain system.

"Scaling" or "Mountaineering" is a skill in the game, it does nothing. Can we find a way to utilize this skill to make players less affected by the lumpy bizarre terrain?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:41 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Changing the font, ends up being a global change thing especially when its changed for chat. This is done on almost every IOS server. Ask the servers you play on to set a default font for those on logins. Servers shouldn't have to be restricted on how they choose to make there server "unique" depending on how its effected across all servers.
I think he means when you connect to GK it changes the font to GKs font or Tempus Sans if you have the option selected.

I don't think the Tempus font is the Graal default.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Banned
need kleenex gani
Old 01-15-2015, 05:31 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
There's so much unused content on kingdom islands that could be used to fill main. main is full of useless stuff and grass and trees.
I would be more than happy to move some content if you want to contact me in-game or on skype. I agree that main is lacking and there is a lot of content on these islands that nobody uses unless they go to their houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
The only way mounts will become viable as a transportation is if they are differentiated from pets. They should be summonable/dismissable, and not require food, etc. I can't tell you how many horses I have lost due to glitches. When horses are on follow, and you swim across water, it's a risk of having your horse become permanently stuck in the water. This is a known bug, and losing a 5th generation black horse in this manner is extremely frustrating.

If you want to cap speed, fine, but let's address some of the other issues with mobility. The terrain system can reduce even the fastest player to a crawl. Older players have developed an odd way of moving around the map, zig-zagging over and around these known "hill" areas, and it's fairly dumb that they have to do so. Part of the reason people are so interested in having the highest possible speed is to compensate for having a very strange and poorly designed terrain system.

"Scaling" or "Mountaineering" is a skill in the game, it does nothing. Can we find a way to utilize this skill to make players less affected by the lumpy bizarre terrain?
We have plans on fixing the mounts. The speed cap right now is currently disabled because of not being able to adjust how much the stats give such as Dex and Speed. Once we are able to adjust both of these though we will be adding the speed cap back.

Running around at 6-7 speed is ridiculous and it makes these PK battles last up to around 30 minutes. It's complete flawed and imo aggravating. We have done testing and speed of about 5 seems to be a solid number. Which is what everyone had when they were at 1.5 speed(we changed how the numbers displayed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I think he means when you connect to GK it changes the font to GKs font or Tempus Sans if you have the option selected.

It shouldn't be changing when you connect anymore. I disabled that a few days ago. Players can set the font they want to use through F3 and can find available fonts in their graal/levels folder.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Apologize for my ignorance

Mines is a little different and the reply wasn't to you. Capturing flags like zodiac isn't what I'm suggesting.
Accepted.

The ideas seemed similar in response to Cubes; so I was just elaborating.
But then what are you suggesting?

Quote:
I'm not sure there's exactly that much playable content outside of the main island. A majority of the towns have the same buildings and functions as the main island towns. There's but a few small disparities like the Alchemist quests (which should stay in their relevant locations) and maybe a couple hairstyles in the CP barber along with the rare occasion someone wants to craft a hook or ninjatu; but that all adds up to maybe just half a town worth of content.
-Babershop
-Exotic Blacksmith (zormite blade, hook, ninjatu, some wands I know)
-Exotic crafts place (rum, fishing rod I think, fortifications)
-Tavern for GK quest
-Maybe an embassy of all the kingdoms

Drawing a blank; maybe it'll be a small town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
The only way mounts will become viable as a transportation is if they are differentiated from pets.

If you want to cap speed, fine, but let's address some of the other issues with mobility. The terrain system can reduce even the fastest player to a crawl.

"Scaling" or "Mountaineering" is a skill in the game, it does nothing.
Yes x3.
terrain is a key word I forgot to mention; good call.

We really need multiple ways to travel before you go just capping off speed.

We could have those carriages (sitting in west bomb for 11+ years) function along the pathways between towns; pay a ferry npc some plat and he'll rush you down the path.
Zeppelins could be changed to be viable. Right now they require a ton of materials and you can't fly unless you're super-duper low weight (regardless of strength/dex). All these requirements make them pretty unusable (especially when any 'troll' can destroy it in 5 punches) but they're one of the funnest things on the server (can ignore terrain/traverse seas).

Combine these functions with better ship mechanics (turning needs a improvement, speed could be adjusted, maintenance could be made simpler) and actual Mounts (not pets, as stated) and we could have a realm of possibilities for transportation that alleviate the need for speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post

I use Arial now solely because GK modified my font and I'm unaware of what the Graal default was. But yeah; I believe this was fixed as Tashkin stated.. I just haven't had motivation to login in awhile.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:55 AM
iOS Server Translator
Toshihiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
I would be more than happy to move some content if you want to contact me in-game or on skype. I agree that main is lacking and there is a lot of content on these islands that nobody uses unless they go to their houses.

We have plans on fixing the mounts. The speed cap right now is currently disabled because of not being able to adjust how much the stats give such as Dex and Speed. Once we are able to adjust both of these though we will be adding the speed cap back.

Running around at 6-7 speed is ridiculous and it makes these PK battles last up to around 30 minutes. It's complete flawed and imo aggravating. We have done testing and speed of about 5 seems to be a solid number. Which is what everyone had when they were at 1.5 speed(we changed how the numbers displayed.)

It shouldn't be changing when you connect anymore. I disabled that a few days ago. Players can set the font they want to use through F3 and can find available fonts in their graal/levels folder.
Yes, it does not change anymore.