Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Gravis2k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gravis2k Send a message via AIM to Gravis2k Send a message via Yahoo to Gravis2k
2k1 bodies on playerworlds

are we allowed to use them or not? i would love to use them because classic bodies don't have arm and hand sprites.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:29 AM
deman1171 is on a distinguished road
Perhaps gravis, but Graal2001 female bodies aren't that err good unless special heads were made for them, and it would be easy for us to make hands in a seperate image for ganis, or even just ask Val or Anystria for theres, no offense but DoD needs really good bodies, and there is not one good Graal2001 female body that goes good with any heads. there good, but heads dont do with them.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:08 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
You can use the sprite sets as templates, provided you make your own GFX and ganis (i.e. simply renaming them is not sufficient). Also, if you're going to do that, make sure when you DO make the new one, that you do NOT prefix your ganis with human_. That would write over our ganis, and that would be bad.

Stealing of either gfx or ganis will result in hurt for you.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:36 AM
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally posted by Gravis2k
do you mean the arms and hands as gfx??? if so i have no clue how to make a sprite img that will change colors as the player wants it.... i do plan on making my own ganis i just need the val body so i can use the arm and hand sprites.... all of my creations will be original minus using val bodies.
Your request makes no sense. Make your own graphics, don't use val/2k1 ones.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:25 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:
Originally posted by Gravis2k
are we allowed to use them or not? i would love to use them because classic bodies don't have arm and hand sprites.
This should help answer your question...

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=4
Old 09-24-2003, 10:15 AM
dark overlord
Re: Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

This should help answer your question...

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=4
Except that it only applies to the 2k1 stuff from before it became player-ran. ;D
Old 09-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance

Except that it only applies to the 2k1 stuff from before it became player-ran. ;D
No it doesnt. It's been player ran for years now it applies to any official servers of graal online. Any graphics on 2k1 or Graal the Adventure and to a lesser extent GK. Now I do agree that its in poor taste and shouldn't be allowed. But it states quite clearly any graphics not any graphics to a certain point. You can't just go trying to change official rules simply because you dont like them.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:01 PM
dark overlord
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:
Originally posted by draygin

No it doesnt. It's been player ran for years now
Nope

Quote:
it applies to any official servers of graal online. Any graphics on 2k1 or Graal the Adventure and to a lesser extent GK.
Wrong. You can only use 2 graphics from graal kingdoms.

Quote:
Now I do agree that its in poor taste and shouldn't be allowed. But it states quite clearly any graphics not any graphics to a certain point. You can't just go trying to change official rules simply because you dont like them.
Hey, man, I'm not changing the rules, I'm interpreting them. There's a big difference between the two.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Telmont Bandit
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:
Nope
You really make this to easy.
Loriel, Birdbird, Kamuii, Jeff, Tseng

Quote:
Wrong. You can only use 2 graphics from graal kingdoms.
Wrong once again please at least know what you're talking about
Originally posted by Stefan
About gfx: It's allowed to use gfx and scripts from Classic (?) and Graal2001, also it's ok to use the 3d terrain, picso.png and the trees from Graal Kingdoms.

Obviously that right there is more than 2 graphics. notice its Tree's No where did I specify all graphics on GK and regardless it doesnt matter in the topic on hand. Only unlimited on 2k1 and Adventures if you really need everything spelled out for you. Straight from Stefan's mouth

Quote:
Hey, man, I'm not changing the rules, I'm interpreting them. There's a big difference between the two.
You're stating interpretations as facts, facts that are clearly wrong in an attempt to mislead people. Which can easily be seen as an attempt to unnofficially change the rules.

Please make an effort to know what you're talking about rather than trying to mislead people with these alleged interpretations.

I've proven you wrong any one can use 2k1 graphics until Stefan decides otherwise. Case closed court dismissed. *bangs gavel*

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:07 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2k1 bodies on playerworlds

Quote:

About gfx: It's allowed to use gfx and scripts from Classic (?) and Graal2001, also it's ok to use the 3d terrain, picso.png and the trees from Graal Kingdoms.

Obviously that right there is more than 2 graphics. notice its Tree's No where did I specify all graphics on GK and regardless it doesnt matter in the topic on hand. Only unlimited on 2k1 and Adventures if you really need everything spelled out for you. Straight from Stefan's mouth

You're stating interpretations as facts, facts that are clearly wrong in an attempt to mislead people. Which can easily be seen as an attempt to unnofficially change the rules.

Please make an effort to know what you're talking about rather than trying to mislead people with these alleged interpretations.

I've proven you wrong any one can use 2k1 graphics until Stefan decides otherwise. Case closed court dismissed. *bangs gavel*
Yes, it would be rather annoying to see other people using GK's bodies :x
Old 09-25-2003, 03:02 AM
dark overlord
Quote:

I am unaware only of when Loriel became in charge of the server - It hasn't been 'years' for the rest of them.

Quote:

Obviously that right there is more than 2 graphics. notice its Tree's No where did I specify all graphics on GK and regardless it doesnt matter in the topic on hand.
I'm sorry, I assumed you had the wit to also exclude 'trees', as they are not very important. Two graphics, and trees. There, are you happy now in your miserable incompetence?

Quote:
Only unlimited on 2k1 and Adventures if you really need everything spelled out for you. Straight from Stefan's mouth
You're making an interpretation too, man. You interpret 'using graphics' to mean mean 'using all graphics'.

Quote:
You're stating interpretations as facts,
So are you, buddy.

Quote:
facts that are clearly wrong in an attempt to mislead people.
Wrong solely by your interpretation.

Quote:
Which can easily be seen as an attempt to unnofficially change the rules.
Do you understand the difference between interpreting a statement and changing that statement? I don't think you do.

Quote:
Alleged interpretations? I really hate it when people use words they don't fully comprehend in order to sound more intelligent.

Semantics aside, I still don't see how you're any more qualified than I to interpret a rule that relates to my server.

Quote:
How presumptuous of you.

-

To summarize: you're attempting to argue with me not only that your interpretation of what Stefan said is inherently better than mine, but that your interpretation is fact, while simultaneously (and hypocritically) condemning me for the same supposed behavior.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
I am unaware only of when Loriel became in charge of the server - It hasn't been 'years' for the rest of them.
Please show me where I stated they all ran the server for years? I stated the server has been player ran for years. I then gave a list of the managers who have ran the server during that time frame. Please this really isnt that difficult to grasp.

[quote
I'm sorry, I assumed you had the wit to also exclude 'trees', as they are not very important. Two graphics, and trees. There, are you happy now in your miserable incompetence?[/quote]
Who are you to judge what graphics are more important or less important than others? There are a large variety of tree's people have asked if they where allowed to be used in the past. So they quite obviously important enough to mention. Are you so "incompetent" that you can't be bothered to know what you're talking about? It's not that hard to do a search.

Quote:
You're making an interpretation too, man. You interpret 'using graphics' to mean mean 'using all graphics'.
He stated on what servers what graphics you can only use. Any one with half a brain can read exactly what he ment not just what they think he ment. I'm sorry every one but you that is.

Quote:
Wrong solely by your interpretation.
Do you just lack the fundamental ability to grasp simple concepts he states quite clearly what you can't use.

Quote:
Alleged interpretations? I really hate it when people use words they don't fully comprehend in order to sound more intelligent.
I know exactly what it means you just seem to have trouble understanding things that are very easy to understand. Perhaps if I dumb it down for you?

Quote:
I still don't see how you're any more qualified than I to interpret a rule that relates to my server.
It's not just an interpretation once again he clearly states the things you can use leaving out the things that you can't. I'm sorry if its beyond your comprehension. It's not your server and even if you where manager on it which you're not Stefan's rules are higher than any you could make.

So how about you actually take the time do your homework before showing your stupidity further. Or if you're to lazy which you seem to be why don't you just ask Stefan outright? While you're at it you could even see if he would be willing to change the rules since you're in direct competition with other servers now. That's what I would do if I had to deal with a rule as dumb as this one. But I'm sure that you'll more than likely try to continue distorting the truths so that they fit into what you want them to be. Not what Stefan has clearly made them to be in the posts that he has made on the topic. But you seem content to talk out your ass instead.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:15 PM
dark overlord
Quote:

Please show me where I stated they all ran the server for years? I stated the server has been player ran for years. I then gave a list of the managers who have ran the server during that time frame. Please this really isnt that difficult to grasp.
I never stated that they each ran the server for years. I did, however, state that excluding loriel, it has not been 'years'. What's funny is that you bash my comprehension skills, yet you show little to none of your own.

Quote:
Who are you to judge what graphics are more important or less important than others? There are a large variety of tree's people have asked if they where allowed to be used in the past. So they quite obviously important enough to mention. Are you so "incompetent" that you can't be bothered to know what you're talking about? It's not that hard to do a search.
Uh, I can form an opinion of what graphics I consider more important. Are you now saying I am not allowed to form an opinion? Are you the thought police, sir?

Quote:
He stated on what servers what graphics you can only use.
He used the word 'graphics'. He did not specify which graphics, thus leaving it somewhat open to interpretation.

Quote:
Any one with half a brain can read exactly what he ment not just what they think he ment. I'm sorry every one but you that is.
Uh, dude. I hope you're not trying to say I'm not intelligent. It doesn't seem like you are, but with your obvious misunderstanding of even the simplest words and phrases, it's hard to tell.

The sad thing about the phrase 'Anyone with half a brain' is that people with less than half a brain can pathetically attempt to use it on their intellectual superiors.

Quote:
Do you just lack the fundamental ability to grasp simple concepts he states quite clearly what you can't use.
Dude, slamming my intelligence and/or comprehension abilities is a bad idea, especially when you demonstrate lacking in both departments.

Quote:
I know exactly what it means you just seem to have trouble understanding things that are very easy to understand. Perhaps if I dumb it down for you?
Uh, I guess I have to spell it out for you. You stated that I was "trying to mislead people with these alleged interpretations".

Do you fail to see what's wrong with that statement? I was not supposing that what I said was an interpretation; neither is the fact that it was an interpretation open to question or doubt. Therefore, your usage of the word "alleged" was improper.

Here, let me dumb it down for you. You're trying to say that there is some doubt that I hold an opinion, and that is so inherently foolish that I won't bother to further comment.

Quote:
It's not just an interpretation once again he clearly states the things you can use leaving out the things that you can't.
Uh, no he didn't. He made an unclear and nonspecific statement. Again, he did not specify which graphics. He just said graphics. This leaves it open to interpretation.

Quote:
I'm sorry if its beyond your comprehension.
I'm sorry if the idea of an interpretation is beyond yours.

Quote:
It's not your server and even if you where manager on it which you're not Stefan's rules are higher than any you could make.
I'm not manager? Wow, that's news to me, what with me being the manager and all.

Quote:
So how about you actually take the time do your homework before showing your stupidity further.
Take some time to put some thought into your arguments; otherwise you will end up arguing unarguable points with me as you currently are attempting to do. I had thought that my previous points were not so easily refuted, but I failed to account for the almighty argument of ignorance.

Quote:
Or if you're to lazy which you seem to be why don't you just ask Stefan outright?
I put forth the same question to you. I believe that my interpretation is correct, just like you believe yours is. I, however, will get this clarified so there is no doubt in your pathetic little mind.

Quote:
While you're at it you could even see if he would be willing to change the rules since you're in direct competition with other servers now. That's what I would do if I had to deal with a rule as dumb as this one.
Yeah, like I said, I'm going to get it clarified.

Quote:
But I'm sure that you'll more than likely try to continue distorting the truths so that they fit into what you want them to be.
Sure, buddy. I distort the truth by attempting to interpret (and therefore clarify) it. Gotcha!

Quote:
Not what Stefan has clearly made them to be in the posts that he has made on the topic.
Again, if he isn't specific, how can it be clear?

Quote:
But you seem content to talk out your ass instead.
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but everyone else in the world is not like you.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Beam me up, Scotty.
MadWolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MadWolf
I got sick of reading all the debating, so I'm going to ask this plain and simple. If I make a graphic for Graal2001/Bomy Moon can any new server manager just waltz up and use that graphic on his/her playerworld?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Telmont Bandit
Quote:
Originally posted by MadWolf
I got sick of reading all the debating, so I'm going to ask this plain and simple. If I make a graphic for Graal2001/Bomy Moon can any new server manager just waltz up and use that graphic on his/her playerworld?
Me to which is why I didnt bother reading the idiots last post since he's arguing in circles because he doesnt want to admit he's wrong.

In short yes if you make a graphic for 2k1 any server can use it.

Although if some one is trying to make a quality server I definatly recommend against it.

I stole Spanky's gold!