Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Stefan (or unixmad) it would be appreciated if you could answer the question about if the old playerworld renting system would still be an option.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Stefan it would be appreciated if you could answer the question about if the old playerworld renting system would still be an option.
Would be good to know.. And I'm still waiting for that PM Stefan, you did say you would reply to me you know.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I like the new system, but the website DOES look a little kiddy =o, but didn't you guys see where it said gui it said gamecube, as in the 'mario 64' bottom bar looks like mario. Mario... Gamecube? Seeing the similarities?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Future Coder
Sum41Freeeeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sum41Freeeeek
As long as I can keep my current lifetime subscription account, and I can work on classic servers without having to buy ****, I'm fine.
omg just go to your room and draw a pony then

**** the chicken wings!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
So that means lifetime account for Classic and Private Worlds? :O
Old 07-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
Alright let me get this straight, I can still download the dev tools for free? But in order to create a PW, I have to get four of my buddies together and buy 1 Dev pack thing or does all of use have to buy 1? IS the Future Level Editor going to support GS2? I know you guys stated your removing offline stuff but it can get quite irritating to constantly update a weapon and spam the RC. :/
All 5 people have to purchase the developer pack separately.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 AM
A nit-wit
ssw11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything seems nice but...
gelat..
for ****s sake man... i'm not one for letting this turn into Maplestory... that's complete bull****
Sorry for profaness but WTH!?

theres my pet trying to cheer me up while drowning
Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 AM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
What I would be interested to know is these two things:

How is the layered tileset coming along? Will this be included in the online level editor?

and...

The Developer Pack... Does this allow the manager to be leader, and allow anyone to join? This way... Not all developers need to have a gold/whatever account? Or does each member need to buy a developer pack and join a developer guild?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I have a question for Unixmad and I mean no offense with this in any way:

Why did you take such a hostile attitude with me when I wanted to present my ideas for changing Graal to you and then just go and use ideas like those anyways?

It doesn't bother me to much but I think it does reflect upon two things:
- Input from 'players' needs to be more valued and viewed upon instead of just instinctualy shunning.
- I feel you (this actually applies to all globals and Graal Admins) need to stop throwing everyone in the same box. There are some people who play on server who have no idea that they can even become "staff" on a playerworld. There are others who do a little bit of work on playerworlds and are a step higher then the previous mentioned group. You then have us 8 year going on 9 year developers as well as the management teams of each classic playerworld.

All of these groups of people should not be thrown into one box because then yes, everyone's opinion would be jack-squat with the number of opinions you would get thrown at you. It seems like in the Graal world there are only 2 categories of people currently: Player and Global.

I think things would not only relieve you of the number of questions but also increase your personal willingness to view player opinion and not just get annoyed by it if you established a chain of commands from New Trial Account to Graal Administrator.

Again, I'm not trying to come of as snide, rude or hostile at all. Just trying to bring a little light to this discussion.

As for other things with Graal v5:
It all looks really good and I'm sure a lot of misunderstandings happened which resulted in a lot of player confusion but my one question is:

Is the guild level of a developer guild really such a good idea for choosing rights? I could see a handful of problems spawning from that.

To everyone else:
I think Unixmad's and Stefan's idea for the developer pack was made mostly because of the Graal developer population's annoyance with how spread out all the developers are over lots of servers. Who knows, it may work out like they planned but I think the idea may need a little fleshing out. Hopefully input from everyone will help refine it a bit.

Anyways, tell me what you think,
- Zero
Old 07-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Banned
Cherrykao is on a distinguished road
1) how would this affect those who already own a server? would they have to scrap everything until they can find at least 4 more people willing to pay more for dev subscription??

2) with 5 developers, each has their own idea of how they want to run a server. my ideas are certainly different from others and it increases the chance of everyone doing their own random thing, hence a server that wont be getting anywhere.

3) if unixmad needs more revenue, why not treat classic servers the same as playerworlds and charge them at a slightly lower price. many classic staff members are hardly ever on their own server (or at the most show up like once a month or two months), or just idling. this improves the chance of managers, owners and other staff members alike to be more active.

i forgot to mention that with the new guest/trial account thing, I think UN might lose playercounts due to the fact that it's mostly a trial playerworld or at least most trials hang out there.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
You people quit your *****in'. You read ONE page of information, usually there's a lot more to it then that so WAIT until it comes out then if it really is as bad as you think it is then ***** about it, these people worked hard so shut up and see what they've done you ungrateful *******s.
Yes, let's wait until AFTER they release it to voice our concerns. You know, so they can't take anything into consideration before putting all the work and effort into changing things.
Oh, and I'm sorry I'm *****ing about being able to work on Graal, make content for Graal. I'm such a selfish bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Stefan have already explained it:

You will not have to pay to use developer tools. The new developer pack is a way to team up with 4 other developer to get a playerworld. Developer pack will costs less than 2USD a month.
See, Stefan never really clarified. He just said that we'd wouldn't lose the tools we already had on our computer, he never really stated if we had to pay to get new tool upgrades and such. Which is why people kept asking.

Also, about complaining... well it's feedback. I think as head of CJ and such, Stefan and Unixmad, you should respect what people are unhappy about. At least people are voicing their themselves about it and telling you what they don't like. It's part of the territory, if you release something that adds a lot of new change, expect people to voice themselves. In the end, isn't it really us who use it, so why get so mad when we speak our opinion?

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 07-11-2007 at 03:34 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 03:40 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Yes, let's wait until AFTER they release it to voice our concerns. You know, so they can't take anything into consideration before putting all the work and effort into changing things.
Oh, and I'm sorry I'm *****ing about being able to work on Graal, make content for Graal. I'm such a selfish bastard.
Wait, doesn't your sig say you don't have time to work on a server?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
See, Stefan never really clarified. He just said that we'd wouldn't lose the tools we already had on our computer, he never really stated if we had to pay to get new tool upgrades and such. Which is why people kept asking.

Also, about complaining... well it's feedback. I think as head of CJ and such, Stefan and Unixmad, you should respect what people are unhappy about. At least people are voicing their themselves about it and telling you what they don't like. It's part of the territory, if you release something that adds a lot of new change, expect people to voice themselves. In the end, isn't it really us who use it, so why get so mad when we speak our opinion?
Amen, brudda

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
Wait, doesn't your sig say you don't have time to work on a server?
I don't work for a server(well I work for Graal BM), but I still like to help, like my free graphics thread. I don't really dedicate myself to a server, but I like to help when I feel I can.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Time zones
I'm referring to the people posting currently.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I'm guessing this is gonna fix the problems with vista since the screenshots are with vista?
Closed Thread