Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
That's generally my only concern with global guilds. Players creating a guild named after a Nations or Local Guilds then using it to cause mischief. But scripts can prevent this, however at the time setting that server option seemed a lot easier.
That's why there should be a full-time guild admin to speak to about stuff like this
Old 08-13-2009, 06:03 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
without guilds, graal back in the day would have had a lot less meaning or reason to play. the only reason why they suck today is because there is nothing to challenge guilds to become better anymore. it's already established, so making new guilds becomes pointless, and being in one leaves you with little to do except **** talk other guilds, and maybe uselessly PK them for hours at a time. sometimes there are TT spars done, but they are rarely done anymore since "that's not warring"
Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
without guilds, graal back in the day would have had a lot less meaning or reason to play. the only reason why they suck today is because there is nothing to challenge guilds to become better anymore. it's already established, so making new guilds becomes pointless, and being in one leaves you with little to do except **** talk other guilds, and maybe uselessly PK them for hours at a time. sometimes there are TT spars done, but they are rarely done anymore since "that's not warring"
Not to mention back then there was somewhat more "roleplaying" as alot of guilds had queens/kings and such and had ranks. ie: Silver Moon Rebellion
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
All the local guilds have destroyed the global guilds.
The current managers/owners on each server doesn't really do anything to please the guilds.
Really, I think it's the servers fault that guilds are not so popular nowadays.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:02 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I say we remove all guilds and allow new ones to be created.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That's why there should be a full-time guild admin to speak to about stuff like this
Tig is the Guilds Administrator.

There are no global guilds called Staff. This was a local guild made FOR staff. It is not allowed to make a global guild by that name.

All global guilds have to be approved manually. I don't see where you couldn't actually use both local and global guilds on any server under one condition that I doubt most server managers would be willing to do.

Since local guilds aren't registered anywhere that is visible to Tig. They would need to inform him of any unique local guilds they use or plan to use. He would then not approve a global guild that is being used locally. This would stop any abuses suggested by fowlplay4. Its basically reverse engineering. Global guilds are not allowed to be made locally so local guilds could not be made globally. There should be a specific purpose for these guilds though. Such as gangs or nations, they should not be used to replace global guilds.

I would not expect any Guilds Administrator to check with each server every time they went to approve guilds as it would be too time consuming.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
To be honest, local guild systems are far more interesting than global guilds because global guilds have very little scripting support. With a local guild system I can do all kind of things (eg in-game GUI for managing members, giving special rights to the owners, etc), but with global guilds, I cannot.

The servers with their own guild systems (Era and Zodiac) are easily the most popular. A lot of you blame local guilds for the fall of global guilds, but in reality you should be blaming global guilds for the rise of local guilds.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
To be honest, local guild systems are far more interesting than global guilds because global guilds have very little scripting support. With a local guild system I can do all kind of things (eg in-game GUI for managing members, giving special rights to the owners, etc), but with global guilds, I cannot.

The servers with their own guild systems (Era and Zodiac) are easily the most popular. A lot of you blame local guilds for the fall of global guilds, but in reality you should be blaming global guilds for the rise of local guilds.
There is some truth to that. Local guilds usually don't have the restrictions global guilds have such as the gold requirement. Its also much more difficult to transfer your guild to another if you choose to.

I believe they both have a place on Graal but shouldn't necessarily have to be rivals to each other.

Wait, thats what guilds do, they trash talk each other and try to destroy one another. All this conversation is, is one giant guild war!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
wtf !, I like guilds !
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Zone Rank : God
pico57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to pico57
guild are only for fun... most of time useless x)