Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
FAQ: Proposal

The conclusion must be drawn that there is no true reasoning for the FAQ team to have boots/tools/warpto/summon/etc.

Therefore, I suggest a more intuitive in-game help system for legitimate issues and quest help.

Behold, the help-system.

Add a fireable NPC into players inventory. Upon using the weapon, a box (new graal gui, perhaps?) with multiple options will appear.

Gameplay Issues
Quest Help
Environment Issues (Stuck)

Upon selecting an option, the player will be able to type a short description of the issue. The issue will then be recorded to a .txt, and queued into a line. The Queue will be accessible by FAQs, and GPs and LATs given extra rightage. Once an issue has been opened, it will be removed from the Queue. The issue will attach a players nickname and account name. There will also be a warpto button attached, so that FAQs may only get to the players by the Queue system, and only if they need to warp to them.

Upon reading the summary, the FAQ will be able to respond as required. Send the player a PM, warpto them and assist them (perhaps give FAQs update level rights, as I know quests still ocasionally do screw up, perhaps drag for those dire situations where a player is stuck).

After an issue is dealt with, a FAQ will close the issue, add a 2 line summary, and the issue will be added to the log. The FAQ admin can check the log to see who is really being productive and getting stuff done.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
An in-game ticket system would be nice. But it wouldn't be very effective since the FAQ and player have to be on at the same time, so PMing is best system for the game. We also only have 3 quests so I think development on content should be higher priority than a ticket system at this time.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
An in-game ticket system would be nice. But it wouldn't be very effective since the FAQ and player have to be on at the same time, so PMing is best system for the game. We also only have 3 quests so I think development on content should be higher priority than a ticket system at this time.
This would be very easy to develop, easily doable in one session by Storm or Massokre.

Also, I said GPs or LAT if nescessary, and not nescessarily while on tag. Besides, the FAQ and the Player would have to be on at the same time normally, and with this system, the ticket would stay in the queue and the FAQ could just write a note the player could check on, saying sorry they missed them and give them further instructions on how to deal with the issue. That way, stuff would always be dealt with, rather than just when a FAQ is online.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
And what happens when they're not on at the same time?

Thus, they should be able to leave a message "Hey, it's 3am and the statue boss is sliding around the screen", then come back the next day to get "Right, sorry, it's fixed now"

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post

Thus, they should be able to leave a message "Hey, it's 3am and the statue boss is sliding around the screen", then come back the next day to get "Right, sorry, it's fixed now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
This would be very easy to develop, easily doable in one session by Storm or Massokre.

Also, I said GPs or LAT if nescessary, and not nescessarily while on tag. Besides, the FAQ and the Player would have to be on at the same time normally, and with this system, the ticket would stay in the queue and the FAQ could just write a note the player could check on, saying sorry they missed them and give them further instructions on how to deal with the issue. That way, stuff would always be dealt with, rather than just when a FAQ is online.

kapwned

sup Tyhm.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:31 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
how about GP's do the jobs of both GPing and FAQ

it's really not that hard of a conclusion to come to, find people who have both the knowledge of the server and do a good job at policing. as a matter of fact its not like gp's do much to begin with.

god damn
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
I suggest disbanding the team.
The staff shouldn't provide quest walkthroughs.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Bells doppleganger
nikomi946 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to nikomi946 Send a message via AIM to nikomi946 Send a message via Yahoo to nikomi946
If a FAQ isn't on I do answer FAQ questions. Just GP is the priority.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Psionic Youth
Correction: The staff shouldn't NEED TO give quest walkthroughs.

How 'bout this - if the FAQ are gonna be staff, they're in charge of smoothing out the flow of quest. "WHERE I GO NEXT?" is answered by adding a sign, fixing the text...
But this IS coming from the guy who made it so newbies were physically incapable of going anywhere but the castle, so.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 11-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Bells doppleganger
nikomi946 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to nikomi946 Send a message via AIM to nikomi946 Send a message via Yahoo to nikomi946
Quote:
But this IS coming from the guy who made it so newbies were physically incapable of going anywhere but the castle, so.
It was so fun watching them beg to be let into level 14 without questing first.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Psionic Youth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomi946 View Post
It was so fun watching them beg to be let into level 14 without questing first.
Especially since all they had to do was talk to a handfull of NPCs. Talk to Galen to find out where you're supposed to go (optional), go north since it's the only place you can go, talk to Cassio to get permission to see the king, talk to the king and get the glove, the end.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post

We can't warp players to different locations if they aren't online, GPs can't follow through with harassment/cheating issues if they don't see the player doing anything wrong. Most of the things FAQs take care of is showing people where quests start or moving people that get stuck on blocks which we need to be on to do. I am not saying it is a completely worthless feature, but its something not really needed at this time (this is after all a FAQ proposal) so bringing up how it would be useful in other instances is fine and all, but mostly useful for LATs