Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Nay. I've noticed a few errors with it but I never got around to fixing it up. If I were to "fix it" I would probably start over from scratch. I dunno.

The problem with editing it is that it's not easy to edit the opaque areas as you can't just eye-drop them. I do have a "raw" back-up without the transparency, but I dunno if I'd want to go that route or just fix it up better from scratch. I made the tileset before Gonstruct even supported layers, so it was mostly all done on a hypothetical level. After working with the layers I have learned quite a bit more and could probably change the tileset for more efficiency.
Even within the default tileset there is a lot of room for expansion. You could make it half the size and still get the same (if not better) results. I wish someone would take the time and remake the tileset properly.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You should be able to highlight the tiles and then change the layer and it should move with it.
Are you sure? You can't copy tiles from one layer and paste them on another at least.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Are you sure? You can't copy tiles from one layer and paste them on another at least.
Copy pasting should work, the moving by layers via selection is not intended to work, and it only works if you move the selected tiles before you change the layers. Unfortunately that also makes it possible to copy the magic transparent tile from layers > 0 to the base layer.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 08-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Copy pasting should work
Fairly sure it doesn't. Last I checked it looks like it pastes it, but once you unselect the pasted tiles they end up on the layer you copied them from.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
An active selection always stays separate from the other layers, so if you paste something and then instantly witch to another layer, and then deselect it, it will stay on the latter layer. If you deselect it before switching layer it will stay on the correct layer.
I think the alternative, having a layer associated to an active selection is just going to make editing layers more confusing.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Wrong thread
Nouuu
Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
It's not working in v6, I've checked several times including just before posting this.
I don't know if it was changed in the latest v6 download or not, but it does indeed work in v6 right now. If I was blind before that, I apologize Fry.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
I have a request, When you have an area selected, and you push ctrl, you can select more area, and alt to take away a selected area. That way selected don't have to be square/rectangle, kinda like the slection tool in fireworks, would help a lot when updating a level from pics1.png to a custom tileset. But, I'm sure it will be useful for other things. Also, not sure if alrwady requested but using the mouse wheel universally to scroll through layers, instead of vertical camera movement. As well as when you make a selection and you go off screen the camera scrolls with the mouse. (on Gmaps and area's that wouldn't be null)

EDIT: Also making the 0-9 keys above the letter keys, hot keys for switching through the first 10 layers would be nice.

Last edited by MrOmega; 09-10-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Old 12-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
PHP Code:
mike@mike-desktop:~/Desktop/gonstructmake
[  7%] Built target core
10%] Building CXX object src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.o
In file included from 
/home/mike/Desktop/gonstruct/src/level_editor/GLArea.cpp:1:
/
home/mike/Desktop/gonstruct/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:3fatal errorgtkmm.hNo such file or directory
compilation terminated
make[2]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.oError 1
make
[1]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/allError 2
make
: *** [allError 2
mike
@mike-desktop:~/Desktop/gonstruct
Help thx
Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Sounds like you do not have gtkmm installed. If you are using debian packages you probably need a -dev package.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Sounds like you do not have gtkmm installed. If you are using debian packages you probably need a -dev package.
I have it.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
What is the path to gtkmm.h? It should be /usr/include/gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm.h or something.

What is the output of "pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags"?

Just guessing here, really.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned
PHP Code:
-pthread -I/usr/include/gtkmm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/gtkmm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/giomm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/giomm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/pangomm-1.4 -I/usr/lib/pangomm-1.4/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0 -I/usr/include/atkmm-1.6 -I/usr/include/gdkmm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/gdkmm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/usr/include/cairomm-1.0 -I/usr/lib/cairomm-1.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman--I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0
Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Somewhat rusty
welp
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned
yaa