Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If you use community name as a unique identifier/key to the account data then yes it will otherwise no.
Two Options Then:

1) somehow transfer the accounts to whatever the players choose as their new account name so they don't lose anything

2) Don't really do anything about people who currently don't have custom account names, but start selling the accounts where you can choose your account name again.

Obviously 1 is preferable to 2, but I think both would be a major improvement.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Two Options Then:

1) somehow transfer the accounts to whatever the players choose as their new account name so they don't lose anything

2) Don't really do anything about people who currently don't have custom account names, but start selling the accounts where you can choose your account name again.

Obviously 1 is preferable to 2, but I think both would be a major improvement.
Nothing has to be done, if they would just fix the last remaining issues with the system and make it transparent to players things would be just fine but alas we have servers like UN whom do very little in their maintenance department and other people who just don't know how to use it properly.

The system should of been used from the get-go, it's just a mess on how things are setup.

How it is on UN:

player.nick - Used to display player's nickname
player.communityname - Either not used at all or not used properly
player.account - Still used in public commands and very visible to the player-count.

How it should be used it:

player.nick - Used to display player's nickname
player.communityname - Used to display unique identifier for other players
player.account - Used for back-end data storage

Players should only be aware of two things when they're playing, other player's nicknames and their publicly displayed handle (community name).
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
i'd just like to mention that it's almost impossible to find out a players graal account now that it's only the communityname that shows. i know that u can send a pm to them and have it showed in F2; otherwise its by rc "global chat" command or thought the playerlist, and open their attributes, which can be annoying with 50+ players on.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
I've always used findPlayer( account).communityname and findPlayerByCommunityName( cname).account for when I've been wanting to do that. Also, since not every player has a community name set I usually do
PHP Code:
temp.pl findPlayeraccount);
temp.pName = !( temp.pl.communityname)? temp.pl.accounttemp.pl.communityname 
Just to avoided the annoyance, but as stated in that thread, offline accounts, well, there's no support. I worked around this awhile ago by making a DBNPC and putting account in an array, then whenever the player logged on, if their account was in their, then some function would run. I agree with the RC issues, usually communitynames are easier to remember than accounts.
I'm wondering if you even read the thread I linked to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The reason these commands are needed is not for findPlayer, but for when accounts are offline.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'm wondering if you even read the thread I linked to...
read my post, i mentioned the failure of the offline account manipulation, i also told my work around...
Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Raspberry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Why don't they just bring back classic accounts while they're at it?
Good point, Graal is dieing because new players dont want to pay 36.00 € to play, the only thing keeping the community alive is the players with lifetime Classic accounts if they brought back Classic subscription we would get a larger community and more players.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
Good point, Graal is dieing because new players dont want to pay 36.00 € to play, the only thing keeping the community alive is the players with lifetime Classic accounts if they brought back Classic subscription we would get a larger community and more players.
My thingymajig tells me that there is a good chance he wasn't being srs.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
Actually I was being sarcastic there...
The reason they don't bring Classic accounts back is because they don't provide a constant flow of income. Bringing back Classic accounts would basically be placing total faith that somehow a ton of players will join every day/week/month/w.e. in the future, and provide constant money, but that is highly unlikely.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
The reason they don't bring Classic accounts back is because they don't provide a constant flow of income. Bringing back Classic accounts would basically be placing total faith that somehow a ton of players will join every day/week/month/w.e. in the future, and provide constant money, but that is highly unlikely.
I agree, their current mindsets about classic are wrong though. If they do bring it back they need incorporate a cash shop system for it. Kinda like what the cards did, but leave the shop items up to the server. This in return could also provide more people to buy the bigger price on dev gold. If a player bought an item for 5Gelats, then Graal gets 4 gelats of the cash value and the server owner gets one. Items that last a couple of hours or so, players will buy them constantly. This then leaves the workers of the server to have faith in the owner to distribute the earnings accordingly.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
This then leaves the workers of the server to have faith in the owner to distribute the earnings accordingly.
this would never work, i'm sure some "owners" will take it all for them selfs
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
this would never work, i'm sure some "owners" will take it all for them selfs
I suspect some will, but, the more mature of us, will distribute it accordingly, thus creating more content and then more players/munniez, being more successful servers.
Free Market Baby!

(Basically owners that do that will die off due to the invisible hand)
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
My thingymajig tells me that there is a good chance he wasn't being srs.
Oh well i still agree with my point
Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Yeah i know...
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why don't they just bring back classic accounts while they're at it?
So they can make more money?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 AM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
When I first heard of this Graal#### it immediately reminded me of this pamphlet my Business teacher had that was called "We're all just numbers." Something about credit score. Kind of disturbing that the whole idea was introduced as it's the ruining of a player's individuality.