Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Full Size Image of Graal Kingdoms GMap

I am thinking about actually doing this with the whole map, but took about an hour to do this part because the software I am using takes awhile to peice images together. Anybody else interested in this and would like me to continue. I don't want to actually do this if it's not going to be used. :P

If I continue this, I will be making it a zoom-able web page, and it will have links to each building to view the inside of them and such. Graal Kingdoms gmap hasn't changed in years, so I figured it would last awhile and help newer players out when they ask "WHER IS DA SHOP 4 SCROLZ?".

VIEW IMAGE HERE.

Be mindful that the whole map will be in high definition like you are playing in game and will be refined to remove my character image as well as a few other small things. This is strictly a concept image at the moment.

I would do this the easy way, but I do not have access to the .nw files that make up the main island. I'd like to make this just one huge zoom-able map on a web page that you can click certain icons on the map and view the inside of them and such. I REALLY think this would help newer players as well.

Last edited by Spiker; 07-12-2014 at 07:01 AM..
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
That would be awesome, Didn't we already have a website that had GK info on? I forget who was managing it if they still even do, Would be cool to have that up and running again and have an awesome map like that on the site.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Ah I wish this were automated, I'd love to get a stitch of larger gmap screenshots.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:53 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe this would be of use, not sure if it works for GK.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:58 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
That would be awesome, Didn't we already have a website that had GK info on? I forget who was managing it if they still even do, Would be cool to have that up and running again and have an awesome map like that on the site.
I believe Cell Chill has been working on a new Graal Kingdoms Wiki that is put to the side due to iPhone Development. I have been working on it periodically and I thought this would be perfect to add to the list of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
Ah I wish this were automated, I'd love to get a stitch of larger gmap screenshots.
I would LOVE for this to be automated, but the only person that would be able to stitch this together would be Nico since he has the .nw files of the main island Gmap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I knew this was a program and it's actually what gave me the thought of going through with this project. I am actually unable to use this program due to the fact that Nico is one of the only people to have access to all the .nw files of the gmap on main island which you absolutely need in order to use this program. Sadly, I have to do it by hand since I am unable to obtain the resources to make this easy as hell...
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Too bad that old screenshot hotkey that used to save as .nw to rip the levels still doesn't work. haha
Old 07-12-2014, 12:52 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
Too bad that old screenshot hotkey that used to save as .nw to rip the levels still doesn't work. haha
What was that hotkey?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
What was that hotkey?
alt+5, I think it was disabled after v4 came out. It was actually pretty neat, it would leave players as NPCs.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, that was back on the old client v2 I think? When Graal actually looked nice and had a green/darkgreen theme instead of this toon/bubbley thing we have going now.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't think it would because of terrain. The level having heights and such. I am pretty sure that just does flat tiles. Could possible make something to do it tho but not sure if you need data from gmap file or nw file to do it.

Quote:
I think it would be a violation of the ToS but you could use a memory editor to get level tile data. And quickly rip the levels but you wouldn't get npc's or players. But yeah I remember that being a cool feature but people kept stealing levels. But then again I was going thru some N-Pulse screenshots doing lat work by eye trying to replicate some of the old Level2 and Level3.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
NW2PNG works pretty well, thanks for the heads up! It's better than doing it by hand, though if it handled gmaps... whew!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:31 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
There is a script which does this for you. We use it to generate the ios maps. Get Nico to message me if he wants it
Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Quote:
I remember making a whole replica classic server that I played offline hahaha.

I started with ripping the entire Zol's pub inside levels

Old 07-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Hahaha, I remember doing it to find hidden things.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
You can do this via script by warping yourself to each level if you want the actually everything to look exactly like it does in game. You just screenshot it via script then put it in a drawing pane then saving the image in the drawing pane and let it stitch it together.. If the map is too big it might crash your PC but you can split it into parts and then manually put the images together.