Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Also, as I stated before, there are a LOT more lats on graal than anything else, developers that would need only
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
... things like light effects...
Granted, you can go much farther with latting, but someone who could even make all the levels for a server offline, in it's simplicity, then upload them after purchasing a server, would probably like this. It also causes problems with things like tileset changes offline while making levels, some lats forget to take out that gs1 coding, then the nats and higher have to go through levels to make sure theyre out. Can be quite annoying after a while. And I know a response would be make sure they take them out, but like I said, people forget.

Also, as stated above, I would love to experiment with lights and such offline, in downtime, without having to connect to Armageddon and upload, keep trying it out, reupload, ect.

Its logical to have gs2 offline. period.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 11-26-2009, 02:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Its logical to have gs2 offline. period.
Logic is not definite. It depends on how you look at it.

There is no point in making GS2 work offline, from either my perspective, or even Stefan's perspective.

From mine: There are major problems with Graal, including the scripting engine and client, and I'd rather see those fixed than see a rarely-used feature be added that benefits a minority of people in a small way.

From Stefan's perspective: My time is better spent updating Graal since the players already have access to the Testbed server for learning to script, which even allows NPC-server usage. Plus,

Quote:
someone [...] could even make all the levels for a server offline [...] then upload them after purchasing a server
, which causes me to lose money.

Granted, there are valid arguments, which you've pointed out, for why GS2 should work offline. However, there are equally as valid counterarguments, such as time would be better spent simply adding a server option to disable GS1 entirely, which has been suggested many times before.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
than see a rarely-used feature be added that benefits a minority of people in a small way.
Really? so there must not be any player houses, guild houses, player submitted levels, ect, that arn't staff and have access to a server since gs2 came out, eh? It's by far rarely used, you need to think a bit more first.

Quote:
From Stefan's perspective: My time is better spent updating Graal since the players already have access to the Testbed server for learning to script, which even allows NPC-server usage. Plus,
This has been brough up early in the post already, but for your convience I will quote all the people who have problems with testbed. I still have yet to have chompy or someone reset My IP to get back on it, from like 4 months ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I find the testbed more of a substitute solution to a bigger problem.
Quote:
Man, I'll get on testbed right now!
Oh wait, I can't, servers are down...
Hence the reason it would be nice for the offline editor to work with gs2.

Also, it took me almost 2-3 weeks to even get access to testbed. Another reason offline gs2 would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
The problem is that you won't know about the Testbed Server unless someone tells you. It's not advertised at all...it should be under the Hosted tab imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx1000 View Post
When ever i send tig an aim he never responds :/
And all those above are JUST from this thread, can't imagine how many other people have problems with it.

Quote:
which causes me to lose money.
That's just low and pathetic that that would even be said where we, the people who pay for this stuff, are looking. If money is the issue, its completely inappropriate and unprofessional, should be at least a tiny bit professional if you are "making money" off this, and should be worried about what the "customer" is wanting, not what staff does and doesn't feel like doing. Gee, I wonder why graal is going down the toilet?

Theres also stupid moves like I've stated before, where a company would even allow something obsolete to be a part of the product, such as gs1 offline, and its not allowed online at all anymore. Why have something that is useless on the product at all? It's misleading, not needed, and horrible product quality to have that. The graal community could learn easier w/o waiting to get on testbed, like me waiting 4 months now, if they had could learn gs2 by starting out offline, making lights, level npcs, ect, A LOT LIKE THE STUFF LATS NEED.

There's enough support in this thread to show that a gs2 offline editor would be helpful to the graal community. Again, logical.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...