Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
To be fair, Nico has only been Manager for little over 8 months and we have seen more development under Nico than we have since the server first came out. To be fair.
Since may 1st 6 1/2 months

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-14-2013, 01:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Casting via mouse is really clunky. It needs to be worked on.
What's wrong with casting via mouse? Unless somebody touched it since I rewrote the wand system, then it should be working better than ever. Note that there were a few changes that are perhaps throwing you off.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
to say it bluntly the entire way the spell system works is horrible.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
to say it bluntly the entire way the spell system works is horrible.
Honestly, it's been worse in the past. Before it was revised, it was a total wreck and there were very few spells that actually worked.

The current magic system was a huge improvement back in the day, but even now it's still not balanced enough to be allowed in events like tournaments, and that's unfortunate for anyone who actually likes casting classes.

Even if the classes were separated (as some have suggested) most casters would be forced into sitting on the side-lines during events, and that's kind of sad.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
It used to be viable for pvp now in the old system even if all it was was spamming chaos pool. Now it is not.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
What's wrong with casting via mouse?
Any game that forces you to actively swap between keyboard only movement to mouse is horrible. Good game design would either make everything keyboard controlled or design the controls around always using the mouse for something while your other hand utilizes the keyboard.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Any game that forces you to actively swap between keyboard only movement to mouse is horrible. Good game design would either make everything keyboard controlled or design the controls around always using the mouse for something while your other hand utilizes the keyboard.
Well right now magic is not the only mouse-required activity on GK. To use the inventory you must use the mouse. Also, to use the kingdom interface you must use the mouse. It's not ideal but these are smaller details in the big scope of things.

I think there are better ways to fix magic. Someone suggested deleting all spells and starting over. I really like that idea; right now most spells are just horrible.

If that means recreating the spell system entirely then the concerns regarding mouse use can be discussed. I think this is something Cubical could help with but I understand he's been busy with his own projects.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If that means recreating the spell system entirely then the concerns regarding mouse use can be discussed. I think this is something Cubical could help with but I understand he's been busy with his own projects.
You want spell ideas? I got spell ideas for DAYS

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 AM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
To be fair, Nico has only been Manager for little over 8 months and we have seen more development under Nico than we have since the server first came out. To be fair.
This.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
You want spell ideas? I got spell ideas for DAYS
Yea, that's fine. Problem is I'm not sure if we have the resources to develop the spell system right now. There was a large discussion about revising the class system which seemed to just drop off.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned
Quote:
Yea, that's fine. Problem is I'm not sure if we have the resources to develop the spell system right now. There was a large discussion about revising the class system which seemed to just drop off.
An easy temporary fix would be to only freeze the player during the casting animation or just during the charging and any movement would cancel the effect. I had it setup on debug like that. I don't know if it's still there. I was PKing a bit outside earlier and with 2200kg on me and running at around 1.4 speed I was still able to catch up and cancel cast because of the insane freeze time.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
There was a large discussion about revising the class system which seemed to just drop off.
Yeah, that's a very important subject to focus on. Continuing discussion on that would probably be a good idea.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
An easy temporary fix would be to only freeze the player during the casting animation or just during the charging and any movement would cancel the effect. I had it setup on debug like that. I don't know if it's still there. I was PKing a bit outside earlier and with 2200kg on me and running at around 1.4 speed I was still able to catch up and cancel cast because of the insane freeze time.
That's how it was set-up before if you used hotkeys. I think cbk changed that.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
That's how it was set-up before if you used hotkeys. I think cbk changed that.
It's more accurate to say I made it consistent with casting without hotkeys (e.g. via the spell menu). I did it at the same time I fixed the other bugs in the wands.

As I mentioned at the time, the effect was that casters were seriously disadvantaged and that Tig should probably consider lowering casting times or removing it altogether. I don't know if he ever did.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:26 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It's more accurate to say I made it consistent with casting without hotkeys (e.g. via the spell menu). I did it at the same time I fixed the other bugs in the wands.

As I mentioned at the time, the effect was that casters were seriously disadvantaged and that Tig should probably consider lowering casting times or removing it altogether. I don't know if he ever did.
Removing cast times sounds like an okay idea. Might require a few changes with the stats on wands, but I don't see it being a huge nuisance.