Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:38 AM
patrickp2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Blue Moon Looking For Staff

BlueMoon
Hello, once again I am looking for staff. First let me start by explaining why I am here once again. I once underwent a project called Bellview. Bellview, (obviously) did not work out. I am here today to bring a new server called Blue Moon. Blue Moon is a server based upon Events, Games, Friendship and more. It is a classic style server so not much needs to be done with the tiles. We are looking for the following:

->Lats
->Scripters
->Ganis
->1 to 2 GFX

If you would like to see the Starting point and some of the Gmap, just log on! Currently the server is called Bellview as I am waiting for a name change from Globals.
Thank you,
Patrick

Love me or hate me? O:

<--Are Questions Accepted Here? (:
Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
What makes you think creating a new server will solve all of your problems? With many UC servers organization and cooperation seem to be lacking, and just creating a new server and starting fresh leads owners to believe that they have someone mended old issues. On the contrary, you are just wasting more time. You should have persevered through bellview and shown the community that you have/had what it takes to run a server (all owners/managers) hit a road block at some point and when developers see that they have a strong foundation for a manager they are more willing to devote their time and talents because they know it will be rewarded in the long run.

On a side note, how will this server be any different that an Unholy Nation or N-Pulse? What will make it different, if you want staff players to apply you must display some sort of creativity that differentiates you from other servers. Otherwise they might as well end up working for the more established classic servers.

I am very critical of UC server staff members/managers because they need to understand that making a server is no simple walk through the park. It takes discipline, perseverance, and the patience to make a good server. Please try to develop some of these qualities.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:59 AM
^ Agreed, but does anyone ever have anything nice to say around here, weather than trying to sound smart? No offence, it makes sense. I didn't want to go through with Bellview because no one wanted to LAT for a modern server. Most of the people I interviewed preferred a classic style server. The goals of Bellview were to big for my britches. Do you by any chance to some Development work besides GFX on the side? Have you owned a server before?

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Zapped
BradThaBad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BradThaBad
its pretty interesting BUT you should use a custom tileset like the Atlantis Tiles.
(Attachment)

And add in .GIFs like for the waterfalls and add scripts for the doors....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	at_tiles.png
Views:	216
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	53483  

your MOM
Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
LordBryson is an unknown quantity at this point
I can LAT and also am able to do a little GFX on the side if it is needed.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Anyone whom is interested in helping me, please send me a forum PM. Thanks! <3

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp2p View Post
^ Agreed, but does anyone ever have anything nice to say around here, weather than trying to sound smart? No offence, it makes sense. I didn't want to go through with Bellview because no one wanted to LAT for a modern server. Most of the people I interviewed preferred a classic style server. The goals of Bellview were to big for my britches. Do you by any chance to some Development work besides GFX on the side? Have you owned a server before?
Here's the deal though, when ever someone wants to start up a server they need to know before going in that if worst comes to worst they will have to mostly everything themselves. Ganis, images, LATing, coding, etc. You cannot expect to just create a server and have people wanting to work for you. You need to create a basic foundation that the developers can build off of and so that they can see you get things done. I suggest you learn how to LAT instead of throwing away a server to make a new one. Or another suggestion would be to partner up with someone who has LATing skills as well as other skills so the load isn't all on one person. Some of the best coaches in professional sports never actually played the game at a high-level. So there is no need for me to own a server I have been around plenty.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Here's the deal though, when ever someone wants to start up a server they need to know before going in that if worst comes to worst they will have to mostly everything themselves. Ganis, images, LATing, coding, etc. You cannot expect to just create a server and have people wanting to work for you. You need to create a basic foundation that the developers can build off of and so that they can see you get things done. I suggest you learn how to LAT instead of throwing away a server to make a new one. Or another suggestion would be to partner up with someone who has LATing skills as well as other skills so the load isn't all on one person. Some of the best coaches in professional sports never actually played the game at a high-level. So there is no need for me to own a server I have been around plenty.
Please stop posting. He came here to look for help on his project and you've only come to ridicule the fact someone might enjoy making a new server, and that they're doing it all wrong. I suggest you learn the difference between hiring threads and a thread asking for criticism.

It takes discipline, respect, and manners to decide how to respond to posts. Please try to develop some of these qualities.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I log on the levels look like they were temp levels there was just thrown everywhere. but i hope u can find help and try to go far as u want to go with it. but if it doesnt work out at least u will be more fimilar with the dev tools on graal
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 PM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
made a logo for you if you would like to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.gif
Views:	179
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	53493  

Zenkou for life
Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by haro41 View Post
made a logo for you if you would like to use it.
O.o looks very nice
Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Old 08-20-2011, 12:13 AM
lol and thanks Clockwork. ^-^ Also, yeah I'm only a basic-medium LAT.

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 08-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Aw snap haro... The beer company stole your logo!