Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this?
Agree 15 68.18%
Don't agree 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Lucas3 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Too high prices

When I looked in an old Graal Kingdoms Guide(by Googi) I found this:

Quote:
To actually enchant a piece of armour, you need to have an Enchant Armour scroll. These scrolls are sold in shops for around 1000 platinum coins but are fairly rare. Players generally sell them for 5 diamonds each.
I don't play Graal for too long yet so I didn't even see these times , but now EAs are 100 diamonds each so 20 times as much as they were when his guide was written. Why did the prices for everything increase so much? Why did the price of diamonds get halfed when they aren't even easier to get now? Why did the spawn rate of so many Items got lowered? And why aren't EAs and EWs craftable on events island any longer? This everything is quite unfair for new players, some time ago (when EAs and everything was cheaper) players could buy 12 EAs for only 60 dias and could upgrade their equipment to +12. And what about the players who just started to play Graal ( )? They have to pay almost the double price which was needed some years ago for 12 EAs to get only 1 EA!
I suggest to do something to make it fairer for new players. Increase the spawn rates of EAs/IWDs/all the other things or make it easier to find diamonds so it's fair again.

I also made a poll for this thread ("agree with this" or "not agree with this")
Old 04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I miss that i could EA my luckies to 12 for for just 60 dias.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
It's hard to start as a new player and get some gear. Also lowering the spawn rate of IWDs made it take like two days (if not more) to get hold of an IWD. Even if I offer 200d some people don't even want to sell their IWDs. So I am definately on an agree if we're speaking about improving the spawn rates.

Last edited by Sam; 04-05-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I dont think EA's really matter as much as the fact that you can't even get very good gear apart from somehow managing to pay ****loads to an older player who likely got it when it was =once= available. The only equipments I ever see being released on gk are special holiday weapons that only might get released again the next year, and they don't even stand remotely on par with older equipment that no one can get anymore.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Darkrazor is on a distinguished road
Wow.. i remember the days that EAs were that cheap. times have changed i wish graal went back to those days.. these days are controlled by the rich, and the poor wither in despair. 'go mine diamonds'
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
You have only your fellow man to blame.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
You have only your fellow man to blame.
You voted no because it might lower the USD prices you can get for your items?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
In two weeks i went from having only 1 RoC as my best item to two RoC, mith+12 HSoD, a love axe from jeffga for 8 brutals (200 diamonds worth) and multiple good items from the easter event, it took only 5 minutes to see the crystals were in high demand so i jumped on that as a means to get somewhat rich.

I would suggest learning what is needed for alchemy items, and just spend a day or two gathering what you need for that particular item, or take a bit of time to gather diamonds and brutals, and sell those for pure plat and you can try your luck with the many shops around main in hopes of a EA or IWD spawning while you are there.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas3 View Post
I don't play Graal for too long yet so I didn't even see these times , but now EAs are 100 diamonds each so 20 times as much as they were when his guide was written. Why did the prices for everything increase so much? Why did the price of diamonds get halfed when they aren't even easier to get now? Why did the spawn rate of so many Items got lowered? And why aren't EAs and EWs craftable on events island any longer? This everything is quite unfair for new players, some time ago (when EAs and everything was cheaper) players could buy 12 EAs for only 60 dias and could upgrade their equipment to +12. And what about the players who just started to play Graal ( )? They have to pay almost the double price which was needed some years ago for 12 EAs to get only 1 EA!
I suggest to do something to make it fairer for new players. Increase the spawn rates of EAs/IWDs/all the other things or make it easier to find diamonds so it's fair again.
  • The prices of EA's & IWD's increased because of the spawn rate
  • The Spawn rates were lowered to curb the 'problem' associated with pvp, although in hindsight a full reset of enchanted armors should have also been done.
  • Diamonds have two roles that grant them value: A substitute for platinum due to weight; A consumable for weapon prepping. The weight of platinum was lowered substantially & are planned to be weightless. This lessens the need for diamonds for it's main purpose (since now prepping won't be a common thing).
  • EA's and EW's were removed from the EC shop a long while back, i'd be in favor of EA's and EW's being put back into the EC shop, but at a higher cost than previously.
  • There's no such thing as fairness to noobs on GK, it's tough. Unnecessarily tough. There are many ways for a smart noob to earn platinum, which they can reinvest through dests but it undoubtedly takes a long time to be on par with some players. Item availability is the main culprit i'd have to say. The top looks daunting when a noob see's a belt sell for 12500 diamonds.

I voted disagree because your suggestion isn't anything new or fresh, it's merely a suggestion to take us back to the old system which wasn't working either. The poll is also quite Void since it's a known fact the minority rule in GK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
In two weeks i went from having only 1 RoC as my best item to two RoC, mith+12 HSoD, a love axe from jeffga for 8 brutals (200 diamonds worth) and multiple good items from the easter event, it took only 5 minutes to see the crystals were in high demand so i jumped on that as a means to get somewhat rich.

I would suggest learning what is needed for alchemy items, and just spend a day or two gathering what you need for that particular item, or take a bit of time to gather diamonds and brutals, and sell those for pure plat and you can try your luck with the many shops around main in hopes of a EA or IWD spawning while you are there.
This is an example of the sort of player that thrives in GK regardless of it's harsh environments. It's unfortunate a 'gold' server (intended to make money, one can only assume) isn't more accessible.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 04-05-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You voted no because it might lower the USD prices you can get for your items?
Read the featured blog article in my sig if you want my perspective on it. I have no clue what makes you think I even care much about GK's economy anymore.

This is the second time GK has undergone major inflation since Alchemy was introduced. The major difference this time is that the trade value of diamonds has been going down while prices on commodities are going up.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
More discussion about EAs here: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134258645

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
sengir is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish there was a maybe option! I agree items such as EA's should be increased (but 100 dias?!?! IVE NEVER seen one sell for that -_- ) and if people are paying that for it then thats the problem! Items are worth what people are willing to pay for it.
The thing I dont understand is how, for example, say I had a FHOM +12. I was selling it for 200 Dias when they were 500plat each. Well now that Dias are 250, the FHOM+12 should be 400 Dias!! This is where people went crazy and kept prices the same for everything even though the dias where cut in half!! Theres no economics here!!! NONE!!
Just make the drop rate of dias lower. The rate of EA's and IWD and stuff higher. And then problem solved. New players could get better armor in order to grind and farm alot in order to get the dias.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengir
The thing I dont understand is how, for example, say I had a FHOM +12. I was selling it for 200 Dias when they were 500plat each. Well now that Dias are 250, the FHOM+12 should be 400 Dias!! This is where people went crazy and kept prices the same for everything even though the dias where cut in half!! Theres no economics here!!! NONE!!
Actually, a lot of price changes occured when that happened. The prices of rare items have gone up substantially since.

FHoM is not technically a 'rare' item. It's uncommon because you can't obtain it as easily as diamonds, but you can still make it through alchemy. Likewise, it isn't as rare as limited-production items such as the holiday stuff. The reason why it hasn't gone up in price is because it's no more valuable than it was before.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the high prices and hope they become steeper. Getting 30 30 30, or even 29 30 26 or something should be near impossible, you people are just greedy. The further out of reach high-tier gear is, the less emphasis there will be on high stats, the more people that will be content to actually play rather than hang out in the markets.

Chaosorc is a brilliant example of why gear/levels shouldn't be the main goal for you people to reach. He has godly items and amazing levels, and now he doesn't know what's left to do.

We have too many items with +'s and not enough items with actually drastic -'s. We need more gear with massive downsides like Crown of Power. Attaining such high stats like all these 30s should be impossible. People should be happy to have a single 25. I would love for an item reset to go with the EA/IWD change, or at least a reset on all armor enchantments/prepared weapons.

Yeah, I went there.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
item reset
OH GOD No!