Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Just wondering, is Skyld really not going to be involved in this?
Not many top-tier developers are active anymore. Tig starts college this semester so I would expect his priorities to be elsewhere, and Skyld hasn't been very active since rejoining the global team. I understand their situatons so I'm not going to complain about it, they have their own lives to worry about.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Am I the only one who doesn't like that it's left to unpaid volunteers to do the work that should have already been done by Graal Online? I know we now consider Graal a development platform, but that doesn't mean paying developers should need to write their own documentation and tutorials -- that's the kind of stuff our money should be going toward.

I like what you guys are doing, and I'm definitely not trying to stop you...I think it's really nice that someone is finally taking the initiative to get these things done, but in my honest opinion, this team is the kind of thing that needed to be done for us, not by us.

I felt compelled to say something after reading 13 pages of nobody acknowledging that it's disappointing that Graal's customers are left to do this for themselves.

I really hope that this team gets some support from Stefan or Skyld. Good luck to you.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Ronnie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronnie
I'm willing to help,
Scripting
Gani
Gfx(A bit)
Leveling
SFX
And classic subscription.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like that it's left to unpaid volunteers to do the work that should have already been done by Graal Online? I know we now consider Graal a development platform, but that doesn't mean paying developers should need to write their own documentation and tutorials -- that's the kind of stuff our money should be going toward.

I like what you guys are doing, and I'm definitely not trying to stop you...I think it's really nice that someone is finally taking the initiative to get these things done, but in my honest opinion, this team is the kind of thing that needed to be done for us, not by us.

I felt compelled to say something after reading 13 pages of nobody acknowledging that it's disappointing that Graal's customers are left to do this for themselves.

I really hope that this team gets some support from Stefan or Skyld. Good luck to you.
I agree with this. There are some members of the community willing to do these sorts of things for no cost, because they enjoy them. It's either that, or they enjoy beneficial things being done for the game.

I think that money should have been put out to get this sort of stuff professionally done, but I don't see it happening.

Edit to avoid 2x posting: I also applied to join. It'd be an exciting change to be able to make some (hopefully) positive impact for the dev. aspect of the game.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:56 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:

because we already had many threads about it, and still have some threads with that topic being at the core

it's one of those topics we can't actually discuss but we kind of fill it in here and there when it can be relevant
Old 08-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Noctorious' NeoHunter
Seich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Seich Send a message via Yahoo to Seich
I am glad I will be able to do my part to help graal. I already applied.

btw, My fields of choice would probably be GANIing and Scripting :] although I do perform other fields these are the ones I am more confident in or I enjoy the most.

Last edited by Seich; 08-26-2009 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: forgot something :O
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I know we now consider Graal a development platform
No we don't. Also, some people are saying stuff like "IM GLAD 2 BE HELPING GRAAL OUT" when they could be equally helping out doing whatever dev work they were doing before. I think the biggest "problem" with the GDT is that it doesn't work like the old global development (GST, GGT) positions worked. Oh, and I disagree with some of the GDT member's ranks.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I think the biggest "problem" with the GDT is that it doesn't work like the old global development (GST, GGT) positions worked.
Care to elaborate on that?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Care to elaborate on that?
Weren't ran by the PWA, were more free, and had more access.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
May I ask why you laugh at Scary_Sock? Keep in mind that I do not have personal experience with the many of these people nor do I know all their work. The only ones that have been accepted so far are those that I didn't need any further investigation done on.
Because from what I know of him, his attitude is bad.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
i got gold and classic.

and i do scripting (among other things).
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I would be interested in hiring and project coordination, if the aim here is to work on community-benefit projects. Lately my interest has been on tools like in-client editors and such, which could definitely be worked into future RC client updates.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Just applied and got accepted
Cmon guys it's quite a nice way to improve graal.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
I've applied as well (:
Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
No we don't.
I believe Stefan considers it a Development Platform.

Tags
global, global development team