FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
Well.. Stefan could scrap G3d... hopefully he already has. And Try to get people to help him build a new server. It would be great. It would have to be much bigger than 2002 though.

A lot of older players would come back and play. How many people come back to Graal Kingdoms and Say... well same old same old. It would be cool to come back one day, or hear from an old graal friend talking about a new server. I know I would play a good bit more. As long as it has a more concrete lvling and Fighting system. add more room for quests, and such. It might take a long while... but if you find the right people who are interested... it may work out.

try investing some of the money that comes in off of graal in itself, on a new server. And if it takes off you can keep the staff happy. And the bugs will be fixed, and will be updated regularly. It is not gonna make more money unless you make updates to gameplay.

This server shouldn't be a boring shooter. it should be more like graal. That is what graal is about. If you want to go Hack and slash, you can... or if you want to go RP with friends you can. The more concret lvling and fighting system would make it more interesting. Different races, classes, and stuff like that.

open up the applications... and see what Graal as a community is capable of. I know there are very talented people out there in it. People don't like GK anymore (I do for the community)... Make a new server everybody can enjoy.
I like most of those ideas for the most part. I also think it'd be superb if the globals could help develope playerworlds with 'potential'. And by potential i mean mostly Classic servers working on a large/new release project such as Delteria, and Hosted Servers. Of course this would never turn into a priority for them, but it'd sure be nice. They'd be surprised at what comes out of doing so.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Either drop the prices or free up the trial restrictions a bit.
Right now, the population is indeed down a slow but steady decline. Decreases in players are bad for the game on multiple fronts. Servers are less fun to play if they are barren, the higher your population, the more fun the server is to play, regardless of content. Also, by losing players, we lose potential developers down the way. Also, restricting things regarding rented servers. This only spreads the population AND the development population thinner and thinner. Not many of these servers reach a point of completion anyway, so it all ends up being wasted effort.

Main point, we're not gaining players and the low amount we have now don't make this game very fun to play regardless of content to the new players that try things out. We're also not doing ourselves a favor by being all spread out on UC servers that will realistically never be completed.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 06-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see where Spanky is coming from here, a lot of us oldbies still love graal and really would love to help make it better but it feels that CJ has done everything in its power to make it fail.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
I played Graal back in its hay-day and it was free. Then it got a big boost with Graal2001 which was a fantastic server and I still think it is better then any server out today. I can't compare to Era or the ones that aren't like Graal at all. Even though Graal2001 was P2P it still had tons of players and content updated everyday. I might be wrong but I think it was cheaper to play it then the cost is now. If the price was lowered a little I think there would be more people playing. I mean I had an account I paid for and I spent 1000+ hours on Graal2001. Stefan spent his time on it and it was fun. Now we have Kingdoms with 20 players on it. The Zone or whatever the other one is with little players on it. With a mix of Stefan doing a new Graal player worlds like Graal2001 was and lower the price of Gold, I think more players will start to play.

What do you guys think?
Well I agree with you pretty much and yes you are an oldbie you been around for awhile
but also lets see right now people are buying player world and account upgrade pretty much i just see graal as Stefan's extra pocket change at the moment. i mean he needs to be more involve with graal to get more people to get more money. if he is working on something the seriously post in on the forums so we know about it. pretty much graal looses 1player per week. i see people all the time saying good bye my fellow graal people. i might return one day. which is true they do come back sometimes but they don't stay vary long. I think graal could be like it use to if stefan would work on a new PW like back in the day when graal was free not p2p oh wait n/m. Graal will never have as many players as it did when it was free. but anyways im done with this topic. and this is my input and im not putting down stefan in anyway. he is probly just taking a break from graal drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second
Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashsoul3 View Post
I see where Spanky is coming from here, a lot of us oldbies still love graal and really would love to help make it better but it feels that CJ has done everything in its power to make it fail.
THIS!

it seems that every time CJ has tried to "improve" graal, they've only made it worse and less unique of a game and an engine. the only good thing CJ ever did since like, 03-04ish is implement GS2. nothing else done by CJ has improved graal at all, and the current state of graal is more than enough back up for this claim. i agree that if stefan started up a new (classic hopefully) server, developers would flock to him, CJ would be behind the project, and a truly awesome server could be produced - but it doesn't look like he's interested in doing any such thing. it would be nice if he responded to threads like this one so maybe we could convince him into it, maybe even shoot him ideas and have some constructive criticism of what he brings to the table - but, it just doesn't seem likely.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish stefan would read this post and get some gumption to make an awsome server. I would definately pay for graal then. the only person i see trying to make gk a better place is Tig. he is active and stuff... but he is only one person, and he will get burned out if he gets no help. Stefan needs to work on graal if he wants to make it a better place. I've played this game since the beginning, and there is no other game as addicting as graal for some reason.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
when was the last client update
Old 07-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
It seems like when Stefan creates a server it dies eventually. He makes the best servers but something is missing. I dont know what. But Graal Kingdoms used to have 200 players or so, now look at it, its sits at like 25 players. what happened? I agree an awesome new, old style server would be great. but how many people would play it, and the real question is for how long.
The Darkness Comes...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Well this is how it is, we pay to play this game, we pay to make this game, we pay to play the game that other people who payed to play payed for. "they" just reap the benefits, its a money making thing, this was actually a brilliant idea on "their" part because they get payed so people can develop, and for the players who play those developed servers.

Also, when a server is realesed, it gets around 80-150 players, look at Bomy Lands, last time. The day it came out there was almost 200 players. Babylon at one point had 250 players, but after that they slowly fade away back to the crappy servers. The problem with Graal is that the game never ends, there is no final level, there is no plot, there is nothing but kids-teenagers-adults making a game with no experience at all, so of course no one wants to play.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Well this is how it is, we pay to play this game, we pay to make this game, we pay to play the game that other people who payed to play payed for. "they" just reap the benefits, its a money making thing, this was actually a brilliant idea on "their" part because they get payed so people can develop, and for the players who play those developed servers.

Also, when a server is realesed, it gets around 80-150 players, look at Bomy Lands, last time. The day it came out there was almost 200 players. Babylon at one point had 250 players, but after that they slowly fade away back to the crappy servers. The problem with Graal is that the game never ends, there is no final level, there is no plot, there is nothing but kids-teenagers-adults making a game with no experience at all, so of course no one wants to play.
[OT]
Honestly, who the hell are you?

You speak like the worst kind of newbie, yet you have a forum post from 2001 in your signature. Is that some sort of cover?
[/OT]

Graal could be better, IF:
  • Development tools were modernised.

• The remote control is fine, but it should stick to what it was originally designed for, dealing with players without having to load up the game.

• If I'm any sort of development staff, I should never need RC access, at all.

• FTP would return, or at least some *kind* of FTP, allowing backups to be made and versioning tools such as SVN to be put in place.

• Scripters had better means of creating and debugging scripts

• Maybe with Eclipse. Edit a script, hit debug, Graal should come up and display the results of that. I am sure with Stefan's expert knowledge of Java he could create an Eclipse plugin that would make this possibile easily.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
The remote control is fine, but it should stick to what it was originally made for, organising and dealing with players. If I'm any sort of development staff, I should never need RC access, at all.

[*]FTP would return, or at least some *kind* of FTP, allowing backups to be made and versioning tools such as SVN to be put in place.

[*]Scripters had better means of creating and debugging scripts
I dont' see how any of this is related to Graal's current situation and how it would significantly help.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:55 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
it won't help at all

graal doesn't need new and better development tools - we need some new god damn content
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
graal doesn't need new and better development tools
Ya it does.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be a lot less tedious to create new content with updated development tools.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I dont' see how any of this is related to Graal's current situation and how it would significantly help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
it won't help at all

graal doesn't need new and better development tools - we need some new god damn content

These things are intrinsically linked, fools.

Closed Thread