Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
His servers seem to sustain themselves as long as he sticks around and actively develops them(and develops Graal around them).
Exactly, its like when he leaves so does everyone else. He brings people to servers.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
its like he has teh honiez. and we is teh honeybears. U KNO WAT I MEEN?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
its like he has teh honiez. and we is teh honeybears. U KNO WAT I MEEN?
English mother ****** do you speak it?

Seriously though. He is the best at what he does and that's being creative with scripts and stuff. He can get the best people to work on the servers. Stefan Graal needs you.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Get Stefan's attention by developing something so unique and ****ing fantastic; Zone had no support from Stefan untill he realized it's potential. Work together as a team, everyone posted in this thread has their own individual attributes to help contribute towards a server so stop complaining about no support because if I'm being honest you don't need Stefan to develop a decent server.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
As I've said before, as long as CJ views Graal as a development platform it's not going to move forward and hasn't ever since this ****ty attitude was put to place.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknts View Post
english mother ****** do you speak it?

Seriously though. He is the best at what he does and that's being creative with scripts and stuff. He can get the best people to work on the servers. Stefan graal needs you.
no wei bro>>! U act leik he frekin made this game or somthin... Owait

/what did you do with the real spanky\
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Get Stefan's attention by developing something so unique and ****ing fantastic; Zone had no support from Stefan untill he realized it's potential. Work together as a team, everyone posted in this thread has their own individual attributes to help contribute towards a server so stop complaining about no support because if I'm being honest you don't need Stefan to develop a decent server.

I don't so much want him to help other servers. I want Stefan to do a new server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
no wei bro>>! U act leik he frekin made this game or somthin... Owait

/what did you do with the real spanky\

The "english... do you speak it" is from Pulp Fiction.

Last edited by Aknts; 06-02-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknts View Post
spankitgood

HAVE YOU SEEN MY MOVIES, DEEP BLUE SEA, I GOT EATEN BY A MOTHER****IN SHARK [chappell show]

<3 i'm slow to catch movie quotes but i got ya now :>
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I am in agreement that although Graal2001 was a fantastic server, and it was a benchmark for a very successful period of time for Graal (gameplay and money-wise for cyberjoueurs)--it was not necessarily the quality of the server that was responsible, but the entire direction for Graal as a whole moving towards something that seemed truly powerful and extremely worthwhile for my playing time on Graal2001.

What I mean is-- when Graal2001 came around, everyone was positive that Graal was worth playing and the entire standard of all servers was raised a bit as a result. Graal2001 hyped all of Graal up. I feel like Graal2002 only rode that hype and was never the game it was meant to live up to be.

So, if you want to make Graal happy again, all you have to do is make another happy server such as Graal2001. Graal2001 simply had many traits of a direction of Graal's greatest pontential being unlocked by increments. Constantly raising the standards.

That's why whenever it has been re-released in the past it was always greeted with a TON of players. What happened? If 300 players want to play for a week, and 100 for a month, then why do they stop after that?

I think you may be right that a figurehead of development such as Stefan is just missing and the server hemorrhages players as a result. The server's battery is a stream of updates. If you have a successful enough server, staff will be much more motivated.

Why do you think they call it a "patch"? Online game developers realized that they had to patch up the wounds of their game a loooong time ago.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I am in agreement that although Graal2001 was a fantastic server, and it was a benchmark for a very successful period of time for Graal (gameplay and money-wise for cyberjoueurs)--it was not necessarily the quality of the server that was responsible, but the entire direction for Graal as a whole moving towards something that seemed truly powerful and extremely worthwhile for my playing time on Graal2001.

What I mean is-- when Graal2001 came around, everyone was positive that Graal was worth playing and the entire standard of all servers was raised a bit as a result. Graal2001 hyped all of Graal up. I feel like Graal2002 only rode that hype and was never the game it was meant to live up to be.

So, if you want to make Graal happy again, all you have to do is make another happy server such as Graal2001. Graal2001 simply had many traits of a direction of Graal's greatest pontential being unlocked by increments. Constantly raising the standards.

That's why whenever it has been re-released in the past it was always greeted with a TON of players. What happened? If 300 players want to play for a week, and 100 for a month, then why do they stop after that?

I think you may be right that a figurehead of development such as Stefan is just missing and the server hemorrhages players as a result. The server's battery is a stream of updates. If you have a successful enough server, staff will be much more motivated.

Why do you think they call it a "patch"? Online game developers realized that they had to patch up the wounds of their game a loooong time ago.
^ That's what I was trying to say. ^
Old 06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No doubt, now if we could just all get along too we'd be set.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
I just don't think that works out as well as Stefan starting from scratch. Not to mention Stefan hardly has interest in Graal, yet alone any servers someone may start.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Well.. Stefan could scrap G3d... hopefully he already has. And Try to get people to help him build a new server. It would be great. It would have to be much bigger than 2002 though.

A lot of older players would come back and play. How many people come back to Graal Kingdoms and Say... well same old same old. It would be cool to come back one day, or hear from an old graal friend talking about a new server. I know I would play a good bit more. As long as it has a more concrete lvling and Fighting system. add more room for quests, and such. It might take a long while... but if you find the right people who are interested... it may work out.

try investing some of the money that comes in off of graal in itself, on a new server. And if it takes off you can keep the staff happy. And the bugs will be fixed, and will be updated regularly. It is not gonna make more money unless you make updates to gameplay.

This server shouldn't be a boring shooter. it should be more like graal. That is what graal is about. If you want to go Hack and slash, you can... or if you want to go RP with friends you can. The more concret lvling and fighting system would make it more interesting. Different races, classes, and stuff like that.

open up the applications... and see what Graal as a community is capable of. I know there are very talented people out there in it. People don't like GK anymore (I do for the community)... Make a new server everybody can enjoy.

Last edited by ViperZakuto; 06-03-2009 at 10:06 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
Well.. Stefan could scrap G3d... hopefully he already has. And Try to get people to help him build a new server. It would be great. It would have to be much bigger than 2002 though.

A lot of older players would come back and play. How many people come back to Graal Kingdoms and Say... well same old same old. It would be cool to come back one day, or hear from an old graal friend talking about a new server. I know I would play a good bit more. As long as it has a more concrete lvling and Fighting system. add more room for quests, and such. It might take a long while... but if you find the right people who are interested... it may work out.

try investing some of the money that comes in off of graal in itself, on a new server. And if it takes off you can keep the staff happy. And the bugs will be fixed, and will be updated regularly. It is not gonna make more money unless you make updates to gameplay.

This server shouldn't be a boring shooter. it should be more like graal. That is what graal is about. If you want to go Hack and slash, you can... or if you want to go RP with friends you can. The more concret lvling and fighting system would make it more interesting. Different races, classes, and stuff like that.

open up the applications... and see what Graal as a community is capable of. I know there are very talented people out there in it. People don't like GK anymore (I do for the community)... Make a new server everybody can enjoy.
That would be ideal, and I've gotten such teams together to create something, though the lack of devoted scripters usually ended up killing the idea when nothing but the most simple scripts were made.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Stefan should lead this team. He is the one who knows what's needed mostly... We need a 2010 to replace 2002... like 2002 did for 2001 lol
Closed Thread