Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
what would the ultimate server have?

if you've read any of my posts concerning what graal needs to improve player count, i've been trying to push a new server ran by CJ or some other reputable staff. i think that with new content, new players will result after the current players start playing this new server. however, with CJ trying to push it's way into the mobile market and computer-players are being left for second, it's hard to say what the solution should be when the company has lost it's focus on us

so if we were going in the direction of a CJ-supported new server, what would need to be there to draw you in. as is normal, i bet no one will post many specifics or reasons for their opinions, but the thread as a whole should give some insight into what a new server needs, and what new content should be delivered

in my opinion, a new server needs to provide a quality of PVP that has a balance between a schedule of events and sporadic yet not unoriginal attacks through guilds. the most fun i've had on a server was when a group of people could launch an attack on another group, and it would actually affect them, aside from the ****-talking and loss in kills/deaths record. on doomsday when i was apart of nymercia, we launched a sneak attack against eldaran under the premise that we were going to make a treaty (which was really just an excuse to enter their secured castle grounds) and together we could run a joint attack on illusia. sliq and myself went to negotiate as our other members ran around the sides, which resulted in a overwhelming ambush, crippling their defenses, and us capturing their king and queen and locking them in our prison. at the same time illusia was attacking us and we had no way to defend it, which resulted in hours of us defending our castle from illusians, and defending our prison from eldaran

another aspect a new server should have is some better implementation of the classic-sword system. adding in some different directions of swings, or a shield/sword that can actually block an attack, or maybe some street fighter-type special moves to add in a kick to the current system, which is boring to many players, especially new ones
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
No game can be ultimate, because a game cannot have everything and all what different people like.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
the ultimate server should:
- be gold (to encourage players to upgrade)
- have GPs with limited power (to prevent corruption)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Not allow anyone with below 10 rep on the forums to access it. Require an application be filled out before you're able to playerchat or send PMs, judging your IQ and personality. You need to purchase a license (along with another test) to mass.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
First of all it would have Pojo. If it has to be repetitive grinding, then at least have some exciting combat.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Maloria.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove
No game can be ultimate, because a game cannot have everything and all what different people like.
Ultimate doesn't mean everyone has to like it, it just means it's the best (of it's kind if applicable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
the ultimate server should:
- be gold (to encourage players to upgrade)
To be the ultimate server it would have to be gold? Let's ignore the fact that all Graal servers pretty much cost now, I say it would have to be Classic to have a higher playercount. Being Classic also means you don't need to rely on Stefan/Unixmad and can get PWA involved incase something comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
- have GPs with limited power (to prevent corruption)
GP's already have limited power.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It should have dragons, dolphins, roller coasters, planes, and mini-golf.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
This.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabru View Post
This.
This this.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
i'm glad to see you read what i posted. look at the italics in the second paragraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Not allow anyone with below 10 rep on the forums to access it. Require an application be filled out before you're able to playerchat or send PMs, judging your IQ and personality. You need to purchase a license (along with another test) to mass.
i think this is a good idea. when i was thinking up server ideas one thing i had was that at the beginning you would be asked a series of questions based on the rules of the server, and if you got one wrong or picked one of the wrong answers you were automatically banned, since they were all common sense answers - thus if you broke the servers rules after answering those questions, you were banned since you obviously knew the rules well enough to answer questions based on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
First of all it would have Pojo. If it has to be repetitive grinding, then at least have some exciting combat.
what is pojo? i'm not familiar with who/what that is. also i find grinding to be horribly boring; how could it be made exciting? no game so far has made me interested in grinding out NPCs for long periods of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
it's interesting that you post something like this because it's very symbolic of what graal used to have to offer players. what drew me into graal besides the zelda part was that it was a game that had no direct direction on how you could play it, whether it be PKing, sparring, developing, becoming staff, role playing as a furry thief, riding a roller coaster through a medieval forest - whatever it was you could make it happen on a server
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
what is pojo? i'm not familiar with who/what that is. also i find grinding to be horribly boring; how could it be made exciting? no game so far has made me interested in grinding out NPCs for long periods of time
Kia345. But I don't know if you have ever played EVE online (isn't an mmorpg) but the combat makes it interesting to fight NPC's, it also helps to prepare you for pvp.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
RPG Classic

Defined storyline, multiple gmaps, class customization, choosing your own path to adventure, and last but not least, end game content.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono
Ultimate doesn't mean everyone has to like it, it just means it's the best (of it's kind if applicable).
That's too hard to say then :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i'm glad to see you read what i posted. look at the italics in the second paragraph
I've read your whole post, I'm not skipping anything, that was just my very first point of view.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Very good ambience (music, graphics)
That's what's important for me