Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
My turn!


Supernanny sucks. Why?

He makes no sense at all when conversing with him.
He never helps where he should be able to help when you have a problem.
I honestly hate his guts.
He should go dig a hole, jump in, and rot there forever.
If you hire him I will find where you live and take the liberty of beating the living poop out of your asparagus brain.

Note to reader: All of the above reason are in the opposite superlative.
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Deeek Deeek is offline
o_O
Deeek's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Freeburg, Missouri
Posts: 167
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.
So, which would you pick: CNN, or FOX?

Christ, guys, it's really not that hard. Are you going to sit and listen to a crazed hobo give you the news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.
Basically just a reiteration of what I said before, and twisted around a bit. Personally I think you're insane for making rules against acronyms. They're a common part of the English language. Hell, I used a couple in this post! Just because you don't know what one is or might be frightened of it doesn't mean you should make a rule against it. I certainly won't expect any in your news!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
So you admit that I was interested in what was going on? That I would ask for other people I respected for their opinions?
For the purpose of gossiping; yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
You are Rufus are both capable of creating chat logs.
Why would I need to ever create chat logs? I'm one of the most trustworthy players on this game, I've been randomly given level 4 RC on multiple servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
I disagree. I'm an honest person and people who have actually interacted with me know that.
But you just said that you alter your personality depending on the person. That is not being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
I think this is what it all comes down to. No one will ever be good enough to meet your or Rufus' standards. This is why interesting projects such as Bomy Island will never be completed. The projects can be done right, but they will never meet up to your and Rufus' standards. You are both so focused on having perfection that can't always be achieved. You choose to focus on the problems in everything created instead of providing any positive interest in such a topic.
How is this relevant at all to this discussion? Either way I'm not too realistic, I'm just honest with the opinions I express. I don't need to sugar coat things that I say so I can get things my way, I don't alter my personality to get on the other person's better side, and I don't suck up. But as I said, this is irrelevant to your News Admin position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
Perhaps you can explain exactly what a snitch is since I obviously seem to have the wrong impression?
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...6&postcount=84

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
I disagree. I never did leave your sides. I didn't suck up, I asked questions; I stated my opinions. I may have been annoying but I learned from you. Your post proves I am consistent and persistent in doing what I think is right. This only further proves my capability for such a position.
You always sucked up and you're two faced. I can easily pull proof as my Graal folders date back to 2004 so don't tempt me. I still have my PM's and my MSN (Rufus, Dan) is always logged.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
You thought you knew me from before Bomy Island, but you were too focused on doing things I disagreed with. I disagreed because I didn't think such topics were acceptable, such as abuse as a Zone ET.
Hah, and yet you never once confronted me about anything negative. Instead you constantly tried to suck up to me, showering me with compliments and always trying to tell me your latest gossip. Way to prove my point champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
Don't act like there isn't a history that you created between us because of your dislike of my curiosity.
You took my post too literally and skipped my point on purpose. I never openly disliked you until last year. Ever year before we did indeed "get along".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
I don't feel the need to point out and give attention to negativity. I will point out that I am having an extreme amount of difficult finding any positive posts made by Rufus. You call Rufus a realist, but surely a realist would understand the impact they have had.
You can't prove Rufus and I draw "far off conclusions for just about everything" because you were wrong. In the end this also irrelevant to this discussion.

This writer sees that there seems to be a significant number of people who disagree with you becomming News Admin, this writer rests his case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Big post that I "lawled" at
Forum drama; oh my Jesus!
I haven't really seen much of that from SN, except for the sucking up part. He does that quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.
Actually, I was listening to the radio today with my dad (didn't realize my iPod was off until I remembered, "I don't have weird guys talking on my iPod!") and there was a guy delivering the news very strangely.
There's proof it's not all the same.
And also, not all news crew give their news the same, albeit similar.
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 AM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Actually, I was listening to the radio today with my dad (didn't realize my iPod was off until I remembered, "I don't have weird guys talking on my iPod!") and there was a guy delivering the news very strangely.
There's proof it's not all the same.
And also, not all news crew give their news the same, albeit similar.
This is why I said news articles, not radio shows or TV commentaries. More than one person works for Associated Press, but you'd never know if they didn't write their names on the articles!

The whole point is that if you're looking for somebody to write news, then hire anybody with good grammar and people skills. If you're looking for somebody to advertise for you, then hire the guy that makes you laugh.

It's not a hard decision, and it's certainly not as important as a lot of you people are making it out to be. If you're investing all your hopes for a better Graal in the news that you only see once you've already bought a subscription, then man, you need rethink your investment strategy.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 AM
pooper200000 pooper200000 is offline
The Blackswan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Asylum
Posts: 5,060
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
News on a client that you have download isn't going to draw in crowds, either. Instead of focusing on news, why not focus on reviews, advertisements, testimonials, etc?
I think it would be good to focus on mainly the news but to spend time on the others as well. The news can really encompass quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Epic fail. Your posts make me feel like I'm retarded.
Want to expand on why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Basically just a reiteration of what I said before, and twisted around a bit. Personally I think you're insane for making rules against acronyms. They're a common part of the English language. Hell, I used a couple in this post! Just because you don't know what one is or might be frightened of it doesn't mean you should make a rule against it. I certainly won't expect any in your news!
Well lots of people would say I'm a bit crazy You may think I'm insane, but it was understandable at the time. The problem wasn't that I didn't know acronyms, it was that forum users also didn't and took some things as harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
For the purpose of gossiping; yes.
I was interested because I like to know what is going on. You make it sound like I've been some 14 year old girl who spends all my time spamming about what is going on in Graal, and that I tell everyone in sight.

I have much better things to do with my time. I just like to know what is going on, and my interest in what is going on goes no farther than what it is, interest. I don't gossip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Why would I need to ever create chat logs? I'm one of the most trustworthy players on this game, I've been randomly given level 4 RC on multiple servers.
I don't know why you would do create logs, I just know you are capable of creating chat logs. Anyone can get level 4 RC on multiple servers. If you call it trust, than obviously I must have some degree of trust as I've gotten a level 4 RC on two servers after logging online.

For someone who builds their responses around trust, you sure don't seem to know me well enough to know that I am trusted as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
But you just said that you alter your personality depending on the person. That is not being honest.
I said I am personal. Being personal is being honest. As I've said before, if one person doesn't like to talk about cheese but instead likes to talk about tomatoes, I then talk about tomatoes. That is being honest. It is respecting other's beliefs. If you want to call it something else and spin a name off on it as you just did, fine.

I choose to focus on more positive aspects in people than to bring out tiny details that only a few seem to see while many do not. I apologize for being an optimist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
How is this relevant at all to this discussion? Either way I'm not too realistic, I'm just honest with the opinions I express. I don't need to sugar coat things that I say so I can get things my way, I don't alter my personality to get on the other person's better side, and I don't suck up. But as I said, this is irrelevant to your News Admin position.



http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...6&postcount=84
This is entirely relevant to the discussion because you are negative and your negative outlook could lead to your posts in this thread. Because your negative outlook clouds your judgment I would take it to mean you can not be taken seriously upon any of your comments made within this thread.

I guess I am a snitch. Guilty as charged. I've betrayed others. If they don't do their job and abuse their rights; I tell an administrator. I guess if you do what is right that means you are a snitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You always sucked up and you're two faced. I can easily pull proof as my Graal folders date back to 2004 so don't tempt me. I still have my PM's and my MSN (Rufus, Dan) is always logged.
I don't know what you mean by suck up. If you mean to respect my superior's opinions, the answer is whole heartedly yes. I respect my superiors and everyone else's opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Hah, and yet you never once confronted me about anything negative. Instead you constantly tried to suck up to me, showering me with compliments and always trying to tell me your latest gossip. Way to prove my point champ.
Yes, I did confront you. I told you I had a problem with what you were doing, but apparently you did not listen or were AFK all 3 times even though you said you were there.

I didn't try to suck up to you, and I praised you for things I thought you did well. I asked you for your opinions on events happening within Graal, but I did not gossip. I didn't go find every person and their mother to tell them what you said. I told no one what I said to you, and I told no one what you said to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You took my post too literally and skipped my point on purpose. I never openly disliked you until last year. Ever year before we did indeed "get along".
So who is the fake here? The one who admits there was a problem from the beginning, me? Or the one who wouldn't admit it until last year, you? Perhaps you are the one who is fake. You seemed to openly dislike me far sooner than just last year. We didn't get along. Your past history with me has little to do with this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You can't prove Rufus and I draw "far off conclusions for just about everything" because you were wrong. In the end this also irrelevant to this discussion.
Yes, you and Rufus drawing far off conclusions for everything is relevant to the discussion. Your far off conclusions are also drawn in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
This writer sees that there seems to be a significant number of people who disagree with you becomming News Admin, this writer rests his case.
So by rest your case do you mean you will stop responding to this thread? Or do you just mean that you rest your case with that post?
__________________
Always Watching!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post

I was interested because I like to know what is going on. You make it sound like I've been some 14 year old girl who spends all my time spamming about what is going on in Graal, and that I tell everyone in sight.
hmmm well you kind of did go through a phase where you told everyone you were a 14 year old girl..
__________________
<3
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-16-2009, 02:55 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
some words
I have been following this thread from page one, and reading all of your replies to people, I feel I could have been better convinced of someone's maturity and dependability by logging on UN and participating in mass messages for several hours.




While gauging myself in the septum
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 AM
TESTRETIS TESTRETIS is offline
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 970
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
hmmm well you kind of did go through a phase where you told everyone you were a 14 year old girl..
Emily Tannare, anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Unpredlctable Unpredlctable is offline
h8 my username
Unpredlctable's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,616
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
Want to expand on why?
There isn't any need to. The reasons have already been elaborated on to hell and back but you keep regurgitating the same bull**** over and over to convince everyone that no, you're really just a swell guy.

Last edited by Darlene159; 03-16-2009 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Ravenblade1979 Ravenblade1979 is offline
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 3,151
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Ok people its obvious that there's lots who have problems with him but when it comes to his work he's pretty dedicated to it.
__________________
If love can be funny then why can it write bad jokes?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Deeek Deeek is offline
o_O
Deeek's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Freeburg, Missouri
Posts: 167
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Ok people its obvious that there's lots who have problems with him but when it comes to his work he's pretty dedicated to it.
Hey, Stalin was a pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. Didn't make him a very good person, though
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-17-2009, 02:05 AM
pooper200000 pooper200000 is offline
The Blackswan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Asylum
Posts: 5,060
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
hmmm well you kind of did go through a phase where you told everyone you were a 14 year old girl..
Yes, I did go through a phase two years ago. I like to have fun just as much as anyone else, and I found entertainment in joking about that. We all make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I have been following this thread from page one, and reading all of your replies to people, I feel I could have been better convinced of someone's maturity and dependability by logging on UN and participating in mass messages for several hours.

While gauging myself in the septum
Do you want to explain why you feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
There isn't any need to. The reasons have already been elaborated on to hell and back but you keep regurgitating the same bull**** over and over to convince everyone that no, you're really just a swell guy.
I'm not repeating bull. I'm repeating how I feel and I am consistent in how I feel. Swell is an interesting choice of words, but I'm just trying to convince everyone that I'm capable of handling the position, as that has been disputed within this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Hey, Stalin was a pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. Didn't make him a very good person, though
Mahatma Ghandi was pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. He was already a good person.
__________________
Always Watching!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
Mahatma Ghandi was pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. He was already a good person.
Gandhi was basically a saint. There's a good and bad side to everything.
__________________
<3

Last edited by Elizabeth; 03-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: fml.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Pimmeh Pimmeh is offline
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Posts: 1,586
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Ghandi was basically a saint. There's a good and bad side to everything.


Srsly
__________________
Oh, Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.