Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
Decline and effects

Over the past few months, I've seen a lot of people quitting Kingdoms. A lot of really awesome people, and a lot of not-so awesome people, too. But regardless of what I may think of each, people are leaving, and I think that soon, if the population shift on Graal's servers doesn't wind up settling, there may be one of two different futures for Kingdoms.

Kingdoms: Dark Future
The first future would be the darker of the two. Eventually, due to a lack of updates and fixes, Kingdoms may eventually die in terms of playercount. I am not saying this as a statement made toward administration, but more as a concrete fact. Newer, better servers with the same basic principles as another that actually recieve frequent updates quickly overshadow old ones, (as has been seen with 2k1) and there is nothing to keep the older server's community intact. Right now, from my knowledge, 2k2 is in control of an administrator who does not have the full capability to fix major problems that may arise, as well as creating minor changes to things as well, such as archetypes and other things of the sort. Unless something is changed in that respect, Kingdoms may not have much of a future left.

Kingdoms: Light Future
The second future could possibly be the better of the two, but that all depends on just how much the entire playerbase of Graal cares about Kingdoms within the next few months or so. As I've said, older players keep quitting, but that doesn't necessarily stop newer players from joining. What may happen is that the inequality between players will begin to shrink, as long as no abusable bugs arise. A former GST once told me, the number of individual players may steadily fall, but the playercount will continue to rise, and that phenomenon might happen sooner than we think. But again, it really depends on how the reaction to something new will drive things.

The point I am trying to make is this, and I'm mainly addressing Stefan:

Kingdoms can be dealt with in one of two ways; either keep things as they are and let nothing but fortune have its way with the fate of the server, or give it guidance by bestowing permissions on the people who have been put in the position that is supposed to make a difference with the server, but instead cannot at the moment. I know that things were sort of like that in the past, and that there were some issues, but it just might be the thing that boosts the number of people who decide that maybe (just maybe) the Gold servers are actually worth upgrading for.

Last edited by Draenin; 08-29-2006 at 06:12 AM..
Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
I don't think the rate of players quitting has increased significantly (although more updates or some other change could certainly decrease it.) The new drop in playercount is caused mainly by no new players joining, which has nothing to do with updates, but rather a drop in gold subscriptions (Zone seems to be having the same problem), though I don't know why such a drop is occuring.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
Well, players aren't quitting suddenly, because there's nothing that would make them want to quickly do so, but there's not anything to attract them, either, and I sort of feel bad for the management sometimes, because some changes just can't be made without Stefan.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:38 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Bleah, the new Classic server is whats causing the drop in players. When the buzz is over GK will gain some back.

-[email protected]
Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Hamma Time
Luigi203 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Luigi203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
though I don't know why such a drop is occuring.
Because people are getting tired of PAYING for Graalonline's bull****. Why pay to play Graal Kingdoms when administration doesn't give one damn about it? They won't release new items, or monsters, or fix any of the old incomplete stuff. Not to mention the total incompetance of the staff. Look at this guy, MechEagle. He spend over a year earning stuff on his account, and he lost his pass, so he bought a new account. How ****ing hard is it to move his hard earned stats over, its not like he's getting to use it twice. He's just getting what he spent hours achieving.

Well done, Graalonline. This is our $44 at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby
Bleah, the new Classic server is whats causing the drop in players. When the buzz is over GK will gain some back.
Its nothing about a buzz. People would just rather get better gameplay, actual updates, and competent staff..... FOR FREE.

Also Drae, I Don't see the point in you making this thread. I thought of posting a thread like this, but I knew you would post and tell me it would make no difference. Chuck Norris will shed a few tears when somehthing productive is done to GK, and No, I don't mean adding a few retarted pubs, or renovating and re-renovating them.

CAUTION

Last edited by Luigi203; 08-29-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy Send a message via Skype™ to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby
Yep, zodiac sucks GKs playercount will be back soon. Its the same with Mal
Old 08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi203
Best Rant Ever
Mag, I couldn't have said it better or agree with you any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy
Yep, zodiac sucks GKs playercount will be back soon. Its the same with Mal
And that explains why people are quitting and not reupgrading?

Old 08-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi203
Also Drae, I Don't see the point in you making this thread. I thought of posting a thread like this, but I knew you would post and tell me it would make no difference.
No, I would post and tell you that posts like this make no difference:
Quote:
Because people are getting tired of PAYING for Graalonline's bull****. Why pay to play Graal Kingdoms when administration doesn't give one damn about it? They won't release new items, or monsters, or fix any of the old incomplete stuff. Not to mention the total incompetance of the staff. Look at this guy, MechEagle. He spend over a year earning stuff on his account, and he lost his pass, so he bought a new account. How ****ing hard is it to move his hard earned stats over, its not like he's getting to use it twice. He's just getting what he spent hours achieving.

Well done, Graalonline. This is our $44 at work.

Its nothing about a buzz. People would just rather get better gameplay, actual updates, and competent staff..... FOR FREE.

You pay to play, and so you also simultaneously agree to deal with whatever the game may be like. But you also gain the opportunity to make the game better, too. That's why you put forth the money in the first place. Otherwise, you come to the decision that you are dissatisfied, and choose not to renew, which is what seems to be going on now.

A lot of the people in this thread have also not been paying attention to the possibility of greater player equality that may arise, nor to the fact that the manager's ability to update is limited. So before you go off and spam up the thread with STAFF DOESN'T DO ANYTHING, actually take heed to what I'm saying, rather than blurting out whatever frustrations you have.

I didn't make this thread to make any stupid spam bandwagon statements like DOWN WITH STAFF LOL, it's more like 'up with staff.' It seems that not a lot of people realize that the manager really doesn't have all that much control over fixing or updating things like they should be. Kingdoms is essentially run and updated by Stefan, and the same goes for Zone. That's why the updates aren't that frequent. Managers chip in to work on the major projects and fixes, but major projects take a long time to do, so the updates don't happen as often as players might like.

Last edited by Draenin; 08-29-2006 at 06:42 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy Send a message via Skype™ to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
And that explains why people are quitting and not reupgrading?
Yes because crappy playerworlds who shouldnt even be on the hosted list, and deffinatley not on the classic list get approved because we have corrupt globals helping friends out by approving their crappy servers
Old 08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy
Yes because crappy playerworlds who shouldnt even be on the hosted list, and deffinatley not on the classic list get approved because we have corrupt globals helping friends out by approving their crappy servers
Most of the servers on the classic list are on the list for a reason. There's a bit more to the process of getting a playerworld to classic or hosted than you may realize.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi203
Because people are getting tired of PAYING for Graalonline's bull****. Why pay to play Graal Kingdoms when administration doesn't give one damn about it? They won't release new items, or monsters, or fix any of the old incomplete stuff.
This doesn't matter to new players. For a new player, everything on the server is new whether it was added last week or added four years ago.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Hamma Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
You pay to play, and so you also simultaneously agree to deal with whatever the game may be like. That's why you put forth the money in the first place. Otherwise, you come to the decision that you are dissatisfied, and choose not to renew, which is what seems to be going on now. A lot of the people in this thread have also not been paying attention to the possibility of greater player equality that may arise, nor to the fact that the manager's ability to update is limited. So before you go off and spam up the thread with STAFF DOESN'T DO ANYTHING, actually take heed to what I'm saying, rather than blurting out whatever frustrations you have. I didn't make this thread to make any stupid spam bandwagon statements like DOWN WITH STAFF LOL, it's more like 'up with staff.' It seems that not a lot of people realize that the manager really doesn't have all that much control over fixing or updating things like they should be. Kingdoms is essentially run and updated by Stefan, and the same goes for Zone. That's why the updates aren't that frequent. Managers chip in to work on the major projects and fixes, but major projects take a long time to do, so the updates don't happen as often as players might like.

First off, I read and paid attention to what you wrote, the least you could do is do the same to me. Go back to my post, notice how I addressed the administration and Graalonline itself, rather than the Management -- Bjorn. I'm not making "bandwagon statements" like "DOWN WITH THE STAFF", rather, I'm educating the oblivious as to why Graal Kingdoms is dying, because they think that Zodiac killed GK, and they're right about that, but Zodiac is only a fraction of the problem.

CAUTION
Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Most of the servers on the classic list are on the list for a reason. There's a bit more to the process of getting a playerworld to classic or hosted than you may realize.
Nah my playerworld has been on the hosted list before, i was told by PWA at the time that i would need to secure some scripts and then i should be able to go classic later on that month but my family had to move house so i quit graal and the playerworld died
Old 08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
First off, I read and paid attention to what you wrote, the least you could do is do the same to me. Go back to my post, notice how I addressed the administration and Graalonline itself, rather than the Management -- Bjorn. I'm not making "bandwagon statements" like "DOWN WITH THE STAFF", rather, I'm educating the oblivious as to why Graal Kingdoms is dying, because they think that Zodiac killed GK, and they're right about that, but Zodiac is only a fraction of the problem.
But you brought up the issue of money, which is usually the very first thing mentioned from people with anti-graal sentiments, and it really doesn't help the point you are trying to get across. Even if you are trying to address Stefan or otherwise directly, please also realize that Stefan often has a lot of other things to do. Stefan does most of the fixes, (And I've seen him doing them.) but he is usually the only one doing the fixes, because he is the only one capable of correcting things. Even though it might seem risky, there needs to be someone who can do the fixes and updates (namely dNeonb, the manager) besides Stefan himself.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Hamma Time
Quote:
But you brought up the issue of money, which is usually the very first thing mentioned from people with anti-graal sentiments, and it really doesn't help the point you are trying to get across. Even if you are trying to address Stefan or otherwise directly, please also realize that Stefan often has a lot of other things to do. Stefan does most of the fixes, (And I've seen him doing them.) but he is usually the only one doing the fixes, because he is the only one capable of correcting things. Even though it might seem risky, there needs to be someone who can do the fixes and updates (namely dNeonb, the manager) besides Stefan himself.

Yea, I brought up the money, because it DOES bring the point across. Here it is in a nutshell: Why pay money to be bored on a virtually inactive playerworld when you. If it common players realize that Kingdoms is dying due to the fact that only Stefan can really add content, then Stefan himself should realize its time to employ productive staff, who, get this -- actually have power to make a difference and stop with the bone-headed GP's. The playercount is so low, there isn't even a need for them.

CAUTION