Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Spikedude Spikedude is offline
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 283
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Spikedude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
If you believe so then please provide evidence? Give examples of how it's turned Graal PC into a wonderful game?

From the years I've played era i see a massive decline in everything. If dictatorship works like you say it does then surely things would have been growing and improving all those years instead of declining?
Part of the decline in era is inevitable due to the fact that we will never be able to compete with like Skyrim and GTA 5 as a video game (or other MMORPGs like WoW and Eve). It gets increasingly tough to generate interest in a 2-dimensional game. The fact that it's free now is definitely a big plus; it would be nice if we could get some younger people interested again so they can pass it on to their friends (as young people are always looking for fun things they can do with friends for free).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Fidel Castro Fidel Castro is offline
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,732
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Part of the decline in era is inevitable due to the fact that we will never be able to compete with like Skyrim and GTA 5 as a video game (or other MMORPGs like WoW and Eve). It gets increasingly tough to generate interest in a 2-dimensional game. The fact that it's free now is definitely a big plus; it would be nice if we could get some younger people interested again so they can pass it on to their friends (as young people are always looking for fun things they can do with friends for free).
This.


It's incredibly hard to increase interest in Era when the interest in Graal PC itself has steadily declined for a number of years. With the introduction of iOS playerworlds and the success (for the most part) those have seen, it's understandable why Stefan et all would turn their focus towards that platform, but it also had sped up the decay of Era and the other few PC playerworlds that are still alive.

Without that constant innovation/support to make the platform better as a whole there is a moderately low ceiling on what playerworld management is able to do to increase playercounts and compete with the likes of the aforementioned.

You can however find ways to retain existing players, hopefully leading to word of mouth advertising, and steal those select players that come from the mobile platforms to see what this PC mumbo jumbo is all about.

On another note, congratulations Amsel! You're an intelligent guy whose able to serve as a swiss army knife of being a developer as well as being someone who is approachable / knowledgeable enough to also deal with player-related issues. I have no doubt that you're going to do an excellent job.
__________________
Era's Former Manager
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Zongui Zongui is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 146
Zongui is on a distinguished road
yeah, veterans are basically the only type of players that are keeping era alive. I mean graal has been out since the 90s or whatever and era since 2001/2002. I really don't think era losing players has to do with the direction that management has taken era, for I think the main reason has to do with just natural stuff. dunno what it is called. and it doesn't help that pretty much everyone lags like crazy even with a decent connection.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Part of the decline in era is inevitable due to the fact that we will never be able to compete with like Skyrim and GTA 5 as a video game (or other MMORPGs like WoW and Eve). It gets increasingly tough to generate interest in a 2-dimensional game. The fact that it's free now is definitely a big plus; it would be nice if we could get some younger people interested again so they can pass it on to their friends (as young people are always looking for fun things they can do with friends for free).
It's not free in the terms that they have decided to make the game free. It's been toggled off and forgotten to toggle it back on. People still have the big blue "welcome to era, upgrade...." on top of their screens.

Nobodys comparing it to Skrim and GTA that would be insane to do so. Graal PC has the potential to be huge but where is the advertising? There is none? With proper advertising & lag free servers you would be surprised how massive this server and others could become.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM
BlueMelon BlueMelon is offline
asdfg
BlueMelon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,481
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Graal PC was huge, but like every game there is a decline. Graal PC has been on the decline for a while now (pointing out the obvious).
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/OOJbW.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Graal PC was huge, but like every game there is a decline. Graal PC has been on the decline for a while now (pointing out the obvious).

Exactly my point. And not every game there is a decline. Infact.. Some games have been out for years and still growing.

My point is, advertise the game and improve the servers and the playercount will rise again. We both know this to be true.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Supaman771 Supaman771 is offline
Posting The Truth
Supaman771's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,694
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
My point is, advertise the game and improve the servers and the playercount will rise again. We both know this to be true.
I'd play more if my 70+-4ms connection (just pingtested) to Texas wasn't doubled and more by Graal servers.

That's just me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Exactly my point. And not every game there is a decline. Infact.. Some games have been out for years and still growing.

My point is, advertise the game and improve the servers and the playercount will rise again. We both know this to be true.
Advertisement will bring players to the game but don't expect it to FLOCK in numbers. Graal just doesn't compete to the games that are offered now-a-days. Especially when a 1-3month gold subscription is more than half the decent games.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Advertisement will bring players to the game but don't expect it to FLOCK in numbers. Graal just doesn't compete to the games that are offered now-a-days. Especially when a 1-3month gold subscription is more than half the decent games.
With the "Right" advertisement it will bring a lot of players to the game. It also has to be a long term advertisement. It's not as easy a just "advertising" you need to know how to advertise.

If done correctly, you could bring a huge influx of players to the game.

The game is currently free.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
With the "Right" advertisement it will bring a lot of players to the game. It also has to be a long term advertisement. It's not as easy a just "advertising" you need to know how to advertise.

If done correctly, you could bring a huge influx of players to the game.

The game is currently free.
Free with a lot of limitations. The "Right" advertisement may never come, not because they don't care but because they can't afford it. iPhone servers are doing great because the game is now more of a "on the move" because why play 2d when you can jump out of helicopters and shoot people 2 miles away with a sniper rifle. Games have evolved, Graal's target audience has changed drasticly. The right advertisement this **** will become a club penguin look-a-like.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Free with a lot of limitations. The "Right" advertisement may never come, not because they don't care but because they can't afford it. iPhone servers are doing great because the game is now more of a "on the move" because why play 2d when you can jump out of helicopters and shoot people 2 miles away with a sniper rifle. Games have evolved, Graal's target audience has changed drasticly. The right advertisement this **** will become a club penguin look-a-like.
I'd like to think they could afford it with the amount of years they have been running and now growing on the iservers. It's not like they're spending money and gaining nothing back. It's called investment.

Also, who said it costs anything? You can advertise online with many free ways and let me tell you, some of them are the best advertisement methods to. I know a lot about advertisement because simply put, i do it. I'm an affiliate and know they lack on advertisement.

Advertisement is one of the key phases of running a business.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-02-2014, 01:58 AM
shrimps shrimps is offline
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Red Bank, Tennessee
Posts: 1,127
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Is anybody ever going to reinable global PMs on Era?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-02-2014, 02:55 AM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
"Some men see things as they are and say why?, I dream things that never were and say why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
bloodykiller bloodykiller is offline
Era since 2005
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,421
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
The problem with bringing in new players is that they can't compete with anyone. They just get owned 24/7 so they quit.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Sinkler Sinkler is offline
.
Sinkler's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 683
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler Send a message via Skype™ to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
If you believe so then please provide evidence? Give examples of how it's turned Graal PC into a wonderful game?

From the years I've played era i see a massive decline in everything. If dictatorship works like you say it does then surely things would have been growing and improving all those years instead of declining?
Democracy breeds factionalism and populism. Neither of which are conducive to effective development.
__________________
Hello!

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]



"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.