Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
cbk1994 cbk1994 is offline
the fake one
cbk1994's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,718
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I might be mistaking , but I thought Graal already tried the whole support center thing. I think it failed miserably .
It worked pretty well except they chose the wrong software, and it had a number of bugs that resulted in a list of usernames, passwords, and emails being released for its 4,000+ members.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalpasswords.rtf.png
Views:	243
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	54605  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Starfire2001 Starfire2001 is offline
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The streets.
Posts: 156
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
If the purpose of UN is simply to get people to buy gold, and a gelat shop isn't possible for whatever reason, then...
1) Removing observer mode
2) Allowing players to play non team events (which is about half of them)
3) Limiting their full hearts to 10 out of 13 and shield power to 2 so they move slow and repeatedly get destroyed

plus the current trial restrictions on hats, sparring, and currency, would probably be more likely to get players frustrated enough buy gold. Got to at least give them a taste of what they are missing out on. Not allowing them to do anything at all interesting + making them unable to move or do anything every 15 minutes or so only makes people quit, and if they are interested in classic style graal only, quit PC Graal entirely as UN is atm the only non dev option for that.
__________________
-Ph8
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
How about a support center?
Force one on Stefan/unix already.
__________________
Quote:
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:51 PM
ffcmike ffcmike is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,029
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It worked pretty well except they chose the wrong software, and it had a number of bugs that resulted in a list of usernames, passwords, and emails being released for its 4,000+ members.
Now you mentioned that it would be good if there was a way to find out what our passwords were in order to prevent the potential to be phished.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Loakey_P2P Loakey_P2P is offline
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 137
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
If the purpose of UN is simply to get people to buy gold, and a gelat shop isn't possible for whatever reason, then...
1) Removing observer mode
2) Allowing players to play non team events (which is about half of them)
3) Limiting their full hearts to 10 out of 13 and shield power to 2 so they move slow and repeatedly get destroyed

plus the current trial restrictions on hats, sparring, and currency, would probably be more likely to get players frustrated enough buy gold. Got to at least give them a taste of what they are missing out on. Not allowing them to do anything at all interesting + making them unable to move or do anything every 15 minutes or so only makes people quit, and if they are interested in classic style graal only, quit PC Graal entirely as UN is atm the only non dev option for that.
I'm kinda curious about the stats concerning how many people have payed for graal since it was implemented . doesn't seem like the player count has improved at all which leads me to believe this is as successful as the support center .
__________________
Shaded Legend Playerworld
-Past accounts - LoakeyTheElf - Loakey_P2P
-Past Servers - Rune - Sparitoria - Shaded Legends
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .

Last edited by Loakey_P2P; 05-10-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
cbk1994 cbk1994 is offline
the fake one
cbk1994's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,718
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Now you mentioned that it would be good if there was a way to find out what our passwords were in order to prevent the potential to be phished.
They emailed everybody on the list to let them know (2012/07/09). PM me your email address(es) if you want to know if you're on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Force one on Stefan/unix already.
Tig actually spent a considerable amount of time doing research and testing various options to find one that would suit Graal's needs, but he never received a response from Stefan or unixmad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Devil_Lord2 Devil_Lord2 is offline
David K?
Devil_Lord2's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA, MD.
Posts: 643
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Problem with suggesting a professional be hired is that it's just as unlikely as observer mode simply being removed.
I didn't actually think it would be done, only stating what he said can't be done can be done by something that won't be done. That is what I done. :[
__________________

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz



Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
skillmaster19 skillmaster19 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 392
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet. Unholy Nation is a special case because it's not based on leveling or so, so that limitations are not necessary making as much sense as on a server like Zodiac or Kingdoms.
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff and the money is made in selling items to player, so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured. Hopefully we can do more about this in 2012.
So, Stefan, about that.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
ffcmike ffcmike is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,029
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet. Unholy Nation is a special case because it's not based on leveling or so, so that limitations are not necessary making as much sense as on a server like Zodiac or Kingdoms.
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff and the money is made in selling items to player, so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured. Hopefully we can do more about this in 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
So, Stefan, about that.
Everything said in the original quote has since been contradicted.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
dbug dbug is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 86
dbug will become famous soon enough
Has UN tried making adjustments to there proposal for the removal of observer mode since this thread was created? Just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
ffcmike ffcmike is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,029
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
Has UN tried making adjustments to there proposal for the removal of observer mode since this thread was created? Just curious.
It wouldn't have made any difference.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
Has UN tried making adjustments to there proposal for the removal of observer mode since this thread was created? Just curious.
All they gotta do is add instance'd houses, gralat hats, and they're pretty much like iClassic. lel
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
dbug dbug is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 86
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
All they gotta do is add instance'd houses, gralat hats, and they're pretty much like iClassic. lel
Instance'd houses? I know Stefan said that since its not about leveling and all that that it was special... but why can't it be limited to hearts (quests) and stuff? like 4 or 5 hearts.. i can't imagine it would be hard to have something like that done.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
Instance'd houses? I know Stefan said that since its not about leveling and all that that it was special... but why can't it be limited to hearts (quests) and stuff? like 4 or 5 hearts.. i can't imagine it would be hard to have something like that done.
you mean pay to acquire hp? no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM
dbug dbug is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 86
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
you mean pay to acquire hp? no.
Well I ment as in like a 1 time upgrade.. sorta a lifetime for that server subscription. since it's already "free" to play like era and zodiac.. but i see your point.. hmm

theres gotta be something equal UN could offer tho. besides selling items. honestly maybe sell hat's? since thats pretty big over there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.