FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Graals Population

I played Graal back in its hay-day and it was free. Then it got a big boost with Graal2001 which was a fantastic server and I still think it is better then any server out today. I can't compare to Era or the ones that aren't like Graal at all. Even though Graal2001 was P2P it still had tons of players and content updated everyday. I might be wrong but I think it was cheaper to play it then the cost is now. If the price was lowered a little I think there would be more people playing. I mean I had an account I paid for and I spent 1000+ hours on Graal2001. Stefan spent his time on it and it was fun. Now we have Kingdoms with 20 players on it. The Zone or whatever the other one is with little players on it. With a mix of Stefan doing a new Graal playerworld like Graal2001 was and lower the price of Gold, I think more players will start to play.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Disagree

Graal2001 isn't a fantastic server
It worked back then, but not now

Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Disagree

Graal2001 isn't a fantastic server
It worked back then, but not now
I don't mean bring it back. I mean Stefan make a new one. Updated and actually spend time on making it a main server.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
I don't mean bring it back. I mean Stefan make a new one. Updated and actually spend time on making it a main server.
Apparently the only servers that get attention development-wise by Stefan are his Gold tabbed ones, since they get him money and all. Then again, i can't blame him much. >.>
Old 06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I guess the budget doesn't allow such time investment

Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I guess the budget doesn't allow such time investment
What exactly are they working on to spend their time?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
"They", so you call Stefan, are working on other projects than Graal to keep graal actually alive

Old 06-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Perhaps if "they" focused more of their attention on Graal it would be able to sustain itself.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Perhaps if "they" focused more of their attention on Graal it would be able to sustain itself.
Iam saying this for ages.
Graal is no game worth playing anymore..

And hey, they try to present it as the great sdk atm - yet providing terribly outdated development tools?

Open source graal without the torque code and invest your time in iPhone games, as graal is making no profit anyways? So it should be no problem at all
Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
There's nothing stopping developers from creating these new servers. I don't see why "they" have to participate in something we should be able to do our self especially since "they" would end up making it a gold server.

But I do wish we could get an updated client every once in a while.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
There's nothing stopping developers from creating these new servers. I don't see why "they" have to participate in something we should be able to do our self especially since "they" would end up making it a gold server.
Probably because it's a game, and they're the ones that own and should be developing it.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

But I do wish we could get an updated client every once in a while.
You don't understand why developers of a game should be involved? You would rather people spend their own time and money on something to make the game more money? That is fine. That is one of Graals drawing points. But if Stefan is spending time on another thing he should spend more on Graal.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
It seems like when Stefan creates a server it dies eventually. He makes the best servers but something is missing. I dont know what. But Graal Kingdoms used to have 200 players or so, now look at it, its sits at like 25 players. what happened? I agree an awesome new, old style server would be great. but how many people would play it, and the real question is for how long.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
It seems like when Stefan creates a server it dies eventually. He makes the best servers but something is missing. I dont know what. But Graal Kingdoms used to have 200 players or so, now look at it, its sits at like 25 players. what happened? I agree an awesome new, old style server would be great. but how many people would play it, and the real question is for how long.
His servers seem to sustain themselves as long as he sticks around and actively develops them(and develops Graal around them).
Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
His servers seem to sustain themselves as long as he sticks around and actively develops them(and develops Graal around them).
Exactly, its like when he leaves so does everyone else. He brings people to servers.