Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't need a video, I need clientstats and game_console.log
Old 01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still having the freezing problem Tig described.

Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.2ghz
4GB Ram (don't think I need to get the specifics :P)
Gainward GTX275 (896MB)
500GB WD Cavier Green Power
750w Corsair PSU
Windows 7 Professional

Breakthrough edit-
When I set the CPU affinity for Graal to just 1 core on the login screen the freezing problem goes away when I connect to a server. If I set it while on a server it makes no difference.
Attached Files
File Type: log game_console.log (1.8 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by Crono; 01-07-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Old 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Freezing is happening to me with latest,

showscriptstats
PHP Code:
Top 50 of npcs taken most CPU time:
1. 5.15705705 Gani Setcharani (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (5960))
2. 0.395285771 %  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (-137))
3. 0.390387738 %  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (6518))
4. 0.373974207 %  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (5143))
5. 0.373910208 %  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (146))
6. 0.368704982 %  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (3126))
7. 0.147380448 Weapon -F2LogWindow
8. 0.103652277 
Weapon -IRC_Installer
9. 0.102807494 
Weapon -Serverlist
10. 0.074609671 
%  (in level callidonutshop.nw at pos (52.525))
11. 0.044496155 Weapon -Serverlist_Observer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Console Log
This is a beta release of Graal. If it's not working on your computer then please download a new version from http://www.graalonline.com or check out the forums at http://forums.graalonline.com.
Scanned install files.
Scanning folder structure of C:/Users/Brent/Graal-Beta/...
Done.
Maxium texture size: 8192
Graal has been activated!
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
Initialized OpenGL.
File download: guigames_arcmessage2.png (size: 10128) done
File download: loginserver_en.po not found
File download: guiblue_scroll_noback.png (size: 2543) done
File download: login_gradient_blue.png (size: 309) done
File download: graalv4title.png (size: 32000)...
File download: graalv4title.png (size: 64000)...
File download: graalv4title.png (size: 83319)...
File download: graalv4title.png (size: 83319) done
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Done.
File download: guigames_arcmessage2.png (size: 10128) done
File download: graalicon_big.png (size: 322) done
File download: login_icon_classiciphone.png not found
File download: microsoft sans serif.ttf not found
Loading tile definitions for server Dev Twaina
Done.
Windows 7 64bit, latest drivers, 2.4GHz Quadcore, 4GB ram, Nvidia 9800GT
Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I still need more information...
- A staff can do /clientstats on you
- what kind of freezing - the game is becoming completely unresponsive and needs to be killed? when does it happen, when you open it or when playing for some time, and how long do you need to play to make that working?
- is it just becoming slow from time to time? how long is it freezing and in which intervals (each 5 seconds?)
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
It freezes to the point where you have to close it because you can't do anything, happens usually when I open the client or when I get to the playerlist screen. I've rarely gotten past that and it's worked fine. It freezes for about a minute for me then refreezes immediately after.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Please make the system tray icon not hideous.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
On Classic for bomb throwing we use a system where when a player throws a bomb and the projectile lands the bomb is displayed temporarily (until the server creates the subsequent bomb object) in order to create the illusion of no delay, however with the new version the Clientside onActionProjectile2 x and y parameters are no longer consistent with what onActionProjectile is Serverside within the Control-NPC, the x or y is always one more or less Clientside than what it is Serverside depending on the direction the bomb was thrown towards.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
On Classic for bomb throwing we use a system where when a player throws a bomb and the projectile lands the bomb is displayed temporarily (until the server creates the subsequent bomb object) in order to create the illusion of no delay, however with the new version the Clientside onActionProjectile2 x and y parameters are no longer consistent with what onActionProjectile is Serverside within the Control-NPC, the x or y is always one more or less Clientside than what it is Serverside depending on the direction the bomb was thrown towards.
I wonder if it's related to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I just confirmed this with Skyld/my brother (both using the new client, though my brother isn't using the 64-bit one).

When shooting "over" a wall on a modern server, it means you're getting as close to a wall as you can, and then shooting...

which works fine. However, on the new Mac client, you're able to shoot over 3-tile walls with the same guns as other players who are not able to shoot over it, with the same x/y as far as I can tell. On the screen of the people shooting the gun over the 3 tiles, the bullets do not appear to pass. However, for everyone else, the bullets do pass, and they can be hit by them.

This was also mentioned a few pages back.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Ok, I was just disconnected from Graal due to my internet going out, it had the little window that said I was disconnected, etc.

When my internet connection was back, I clicked the ok button the window, and Graal froze and became unresponsive and I had to close it.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Ok, I was just disconnected from Graal due to my internet going out, it had the little window that said I was disconnected, etc.

When my internet connection was back, I clicked the ok button the window, and Graal froze and became unresponsive and I had to close it.
It's always done that, even in v5.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Is it possible to add a GS2 function or something so we can eliminate the middle man (people/staff with RC) in obtaining the proper client-stats for client testing?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Graal Administration
We have uploaded a new version: v5.315. It is recommended to update to this version.
Fixes:
- doesn't accidently enforce OpenGL mode anymore, uses DirectX9 (which also makes fullscreen mode possible again)
- shouldn't freeze each second anymore
- fixed a problem with text not being displayed

Last edited by Admins; 01-11-2011 at 03:29 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We have uploaded a new version: v5.315. It is recommended to update to this version.
Fixes:
- doesn't accidently enforce OpenGL mode anymore, uses DirectX9
- shouldn't freeze each second anymore
- fixed a problem with text not being displayed
so..............
when are we going to get a linux update..........?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
With the latest version our scripted nickname displays on Classic are now always drawing above other players despite being layer 1 (which is for the sake of displaying above things that are specifically layer 0 but below other players).

I am still getting the reported freeze error for when closing the client except I can now no longer close it by right clicking the button within the start bar and clicking close, has to be done through Task Manager.

Also noticed that the issue with displays being hidden for when an NPC is not visible on your screen no longer applies to when then display is being displayed on your screen rather than on the level, which is good but I still have the problem of a "Waiting for challengers" text display not being visible on the top of a spar arena for example, will there definitely not be an option for this?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Graal Administration
Might be better to move such script to weapons or at least display the object for a weapon (yourweaponname.findimg()).
Not sure about problems with closing the game, wasn't happening to me.

Tags
graal v6, windows