Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
graal 2001 was the ****
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stealers.png
Views:	959
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	50408   Click image for larger version

Name:	111.gif
Views:	1030
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	50409   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal2001trainer.png
Views:	960
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	50410   Click image for larger version

Name:	firepeach.png
Views:	971
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	50411   Click image for larger version

Name:	graaloween2.png
Views:	970
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	50412  

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Last edited by James; 02-15-2010 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
i used my global faq chief tag on 2001 once for like 10 seconds then took it off because i didn't want to get banned.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
James, your screenshot of the old playerlist is so hot. Classic with 200 people, those were the days!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
i loved graal 2001 i actually had fun playing graal

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
I only managed to start on 2001 during the P2P crisis, but now there's nothing being done on that server because those that have had the chance as a manager felt that with new ways to code there just HAS to be new graphics too, that's what killed it, one person gets most of the work done, passes it on, and instead of saving time and using what is already there or some of it, the next manager decides the work is not to their liking so they toss all of it and start fresh, not realizing how much there is to do, then they get overwhelmed and pass it on, rinse and repeat.

As the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the soup.

Just use the old graphics, OLD bodies (since that's what the old oldbies wanted from the beginning) and use updated scripts, i'm sure someone has all the original files from before the new bodies were put in, maybe a few tile errors to fix each level, but that's alright, no rush, just make it an update once you fix one level, it's better to have SOME kind of update than none at all no matter how small the update is, i'm sure the community would feel that something is being taken care of with constant updates than the feeling of being told "It's being worked on and its gonna be awesome! We're almost done even though by our standards 'almost' means 10 years, but hey, we're gonna spoil it for ya if we say any more about it! See you then" and just giving up hope.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
bringing back the old graal2001 never seemed to work. the old new graal2001 that i saw a year or two ago was sweet. if it is still going in that direction it will be better than ever.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I think the project is pretty much stationary.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:42 AM
stop all the downloadin'
LilNiglet is on a distinguished road
Graal2001 was pretty much the best time I ever had gaming. Between RPing, playing a bomy, talking with friends, doing events like CS, riding around like a ***** on a drasine, exploring levels, buying hats, fishing, mining, collecting pearls, guild drama, kingdom wars, and everything else? It was amazing.

However, the people made the server. I can never have that kind of environment again online. It was a unique and amazing place. It died when Kingdoms came out, and I remember being so angry at Kingdoms-- 2k1 was amazing, fun, and still alive at the time. Why did they have to kill off what I loved so much?

SIGH
Old 02-17-2010, 04:25 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
The naysayers seem to all get one detail wrong.

Graal2001 was popular up until the very last second that it was replaced with Graal2002. The buildup for Graal2002 was so great that Graal2001 became more or less a 'teaser version' or even an advertisement for Graal2002 (Kingdoms) for some people in their minds.

There was never any absence of effort that drew people away from Graal2001. People like it every time it is re-released. It has the phenomenal ability to draw many, many players (in the same way that iPhone Classic has) from the get-go of a release, while many servers on Graal struggle with getting ten players.

Fact: on the last release of Graal2001, under Lance, the server actually had about 35-50 players per day still playing up until the day Lance left the project. People were still playing the server whenever it was taken down. That amount of players would be considered outstanding on any Graal server today, and that was only about three or so years ago. Ha!

Other Fact: That version of Graal2001 still exists someplace. It shouldn't even take much to get it up and running, as it is a work in progress with a lot of previous progress knocked out.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
stop all the downloadin'
LilNiglet is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I remember the server being back up for that short period of time. I really wish that a solid management team would pick it up, put aside the stupid drama that always occurs with playerworlds, and keep the place running.

However, history will repeat itself, and any PW will eventually succumb to idiotic drama to tear the server apart. WE CAN NEVER HAVE BOMY ISLAND AGAIN
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Doomsday > Graal2001
Original Haven without the big crappy overworld ftw.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Why was this server killed off so many years ago? It would still be popular if it hadn't been killed by its own creator.

I am asking Stefan or any higher-ups who might have the insider knowledge-- why was this server killed in the midst of being successful while all other servers are left to squirm in their own entropic heat-deaths?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
the question would be, why did we lose interest in it

Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Why was this server killed off so many years ago? It would still be popular if it hadn't been killed by its own creator.

I am asking Stefan or any higher-ups who might have the insider knowledge-- why was this server killed in the midst of being successful while all other servers are left to squirm in their own entropic heat-deaths?
graal2002

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
the question would be, why did we lose interest in it
Because a lot of the developers were dragged over to GK, everything was retooled around GK, help was hired to make GK not suck, and everybody was lead to believe that GK would turn out to be the next big thing.