Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Delteria Updated (Again)

~Completed List of Features~
-Quest Design System
-Instance System
-60 Run around Quests
-8 Dungeons
-Telegraph Combat System
-Modify Gear (Sockets)

-Perk Trees (So you can build your toon the way you want)

-Jobs (Fishing, River Panning, Farming Crops, Farming Bushes, Lumbering, Bug Catching)

-Housing System (Choose a location on the over world WHERE YOU want to live)

-Item Crafting/Socket Crafting/Potion Crafting
-Item Rarity (Orange-Legendary/Purple-Epic/Blue-Rare/Green-Common/White-Basic)

~Completed This Week~
- Market/Auction System - Novos Post
We've mostly focused on updating the player experience. In addition to the previous video, this video features:
-Selling items in larger quantities
-Adding a message to your item auction
-Seeing the original owner of the item and the latest bidder / bid winner
-Going to the owner / bidder's profile
-Coloured rows according to the status (lost, losing, winning, won / closed with no bidders, no bidders, bidder, bid won)
-More advanced search; also supports searching by tags
-A new tab 'What's hot' shows the items that have the most bids on them

These improvements really make the Market system a solid place for selling items to the general masses. This system complements the Trade system which allows you to customize the trade with individual players.

We have decided to post-pone other enhancements until release:
- We would like to have search by category
- We would like to specify a bid amount (in addition to incremental bids)
- We would like to make the Market look and feel a lot better

- Achievement System -
- Tracking System anything can be tracked and achieved in the game
- Achievement EXP System, every achievement level obtain you recieve a perk point.
- Track your friends and other players achievements and there progress

http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 09-14-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
i see you're still stuck on using hard to read fonts
Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Yes we have that's the font we chose, stefan likes it and most beta testers do, so we decided to keep it. Some backgrounds I feel should be changed so the font doesn't clash but besides that I enjoy it.
[email protected]

Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
How close to release?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
At least you CAN read it, at least with this monitor im using at the moment that feat would be impossible (unless drunk).. but then again i dont care about reading if the gameplay is good.. server looks nice tho great job
Old 09-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Yes we have that's the font we chose, stefan likes it and most beta testers do, so we decided to keep it. Some backgrounds I feel should be changed so the font doesn't clash but besides that I enjoy it.
It's awfully hard to read, especially on a high density display. Get rid of it.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
It's awfully hard to read, especially on a high density display. Get rid of it.
^ Pretty much this because font aside: Light text on light backgrounds, dark text on dark backgrounds/overlays, etc on it's own makes any font hard to read and is generally bad practice anyway.

Also, that gradient of black to white on the tab in the first screenshot with an already grey (A shade achieved during the black > white transition) background, then the grey on darker grey below it don't strike me as a something you'd actually want to read. Likened basically to writing on white paper with a slightly less white shade of ink. You're up there at your monitor merely thankful that there are shadows under the letters. The orange actually doesn't look too bad, I must say. Perhaps something bright like that would be appropriate?

Nit-pick aside though, I am looking forward to seeing this come together. There's obviously been a lot of work and passion put into this project.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Things that stick out to me:

1. The 5 color gradient.
2. Lack of GUI consistency. You guys have like 20 GATs, the least you can do is develop a better set of default GUI profiles than those gray-scale ones. This project is hyped to be one of the 'biggest pieces of Graal work ever' and yet your GUIs don't reflect that.
3. That vector overworld map is an insult to your actual overworld, that whole map GUI looks messed up.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I love the world map. It looks really slick and clean.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Global Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Things that stick out to me:

1. The 5 color gradient.
2. Lack of GUI consistency. You guys have like 20 GATs, the least you can do is develop a better set of default GUI profiles than those gray-scale ones. This project is hyped to be one of the 'biggest pieces of Graal work ever' and yet your GUIs don't reflect that.
3. That vector overworld map is an insult to your actual overworld, that whole map GUI looks messed up.
1. The 5 color gradient? Are you talking about the Perk System? The Gradiant was done by me to make all Perk windows (Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Healer) look different. I'm not a GAT by all means, but when I hardly have GAT help I get the job done.
2.) We have 2 GATs not 20 sarcastic? And the current GAT team really doesn't know anything about GUIs since all of our GUI designs are customized. Better set of default GUIs hmmm maybe. The systems work amazingly although the GUIs could use some work. We have indeed accomplished more then any server on Ios AND PC. When we get a GAT that can really work with a good GUI Design, we will definitely work on this.
3.) Are you talking about the housing map? THats a map system to select where you want your house to be on the overworld. The GUI POrtion isnt finished so it uses a transparent GUI Profile for the time being. BUt if your talking about the Map image it self, the purpose of having that type of map is so players can swap from the Generated map to a drawn map so that there is less cluttered shown and only whats important.

When players are hyped about the biggest project on graal, that wasn't just from videos and snapshot, it was from players being allowed to test the server. They love the content and the amount of things to do. In general they enjoy the game play and that's what we worked so hard to achieve.

If GUIs made the game then zodiac would have 0 players. Zodiacs game is enjoyable although its Graphics tremendously suck. Its GUIs are Majorly inconsistent, you guys even still use the default BLUE GUIs, although most of your GUIs are pitch black. Not saying anything bad about Zodiac "really", but what I'am implying is we definitely set the bar for upcoming graal servers weather or GUIs look like **** or not.
[email protected]

Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
So obviously the server isn't finished and it's not just Unixmad's fault that it wasn't released a month / six months / a year ago.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Global Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
So obviously the server isn't finished and it's not just Unixmad's fault that it wasn't released a month / six months / a year ago.
The server has more content then any server on PC and ios at the moment, so yes its ready for release.
[email protected]

Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
The server has more content then any server on PC and ios at the moment, so yes its ready for release.
I'd say UN has more content than your server.

And since we're talking about crude content and not about quality, I'd say Era iPhone is miles ahead of you as well.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Global Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I'd say UN has more content than your server.
Now your trolling, ask the Manager of UN he is also staff on Delteria.
Maybe they have more events? But Delteria isn't revolved around events, we honestly decided to not use the graal style event type system. We feel its a cop out for the lack of content a server has. We decided to do Events that involve the game. E.g A cart breaks down from going to A to B, and you have to defend this cart against a horde of zombies. World Bosses that randomly spawn on the world etc etc.

-Edit Again: The GUis may not be quality but every system on delteria is quality, every bit of gameplay is quality. You have Non GATs creating GUIs, so there not upto par, but the system ts self is definitely up to par on quality.
Edit: And its not "MY SERVER", hence how I say we. Delteria wasn't created by just me or Novo, it was created by a group of developers. You just want to argue with me, that's fine I don't have time for it, ill reply when you have some constructive criticism instead of bashing remarks.
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 09-15-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
MD, you really should stick to scripting.
You have no sense of public relations and this is the kind of negative press that will make it easy to attack your project and overall kill your applicants morale as they may decide to look into whom they'd be working with and for.

To put it bluntly for you though,
Shut your mouth right now before things get even worse for you, this is not a threat, but a warning for your sake as well as the project's credibility.

I appreciate the fact you're updating us with what you're trying to work upon as it comes up for release now that it seems more concise to a point, but your arguments with people who are trying to pass some form of constructive criticism is only telling people "This project is being headed by in some way, shape or form by an arrogant man or group.".

I honestly only say this because at one point I was invested in this project and more so for the older developers who really worked hard to bring it up to a light where people were interested enough to say "Delteria is a worthwhile project in every way and we should support these people for their work.".

Do not act so recklessly when someone presses your buttons.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Closed Thread