Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Thumbs up Forest

I would like to start a campaign for the reclaiming of the lost Kingdom of Forest.

Forest is one of the jewels that is Graal Kingdoms. It either evokes hate or love from players, and I think this tension is something that will bring people back to playing Graal Kingdoms. Not only will in-game content drive people to play, but also rivalries and interactions between players. These two things will make Graal Kingdoms worth coming back to. WoW has tons of content, but without more than just mere content to fuel a game you will grow bored of it. But believing and fighting for things that you love and care about and having fun in Kingdom vs Kingdom wars will keep Graal exciting and active. I think this is something that needs to be done with all the Kingdoms and I believe the Kingdom leadership needs to be integral in creating strife between the Kingdoms. Also I believe that the Kingdom leaders and their leadership need to create fun events and support their members by helping their new people out with quests, leveling, understanding the economy, etc.

I believe we are reaching a point where we could justify having a fourth Kingdom in Graal Kingdoms. It gives players a taste of old Graal Kingdoms which would entice Old Players to come around and also it will decrease the pressure of too many new players spread between three Kingdoms and will allow for more new players to be developed and supported at the same time, spreading the work load.

I hope that we will also get to a point where Samurai will come back as well. I believe though that it should be Forest's turn to come back and be given back to the community because it was Forest that was first removed.

I hope we can revitalize Forest and bring back something that is very dear to my heart in GK as well as many others' hearts as well.

-Fenix
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post

Kingdom vs Kingdom wars will keep Graal exciting and active.
This, but I wouldn't want to see a 4th kingdom just yet. The player count is still very low imo.

Also if we look at which fixes should have the priority then I would say the pk system.
But I am afraid that nico can't fix this (but I hope that I am wrong), and unless this isn't fixed GK will remain nothing but a collect them all game.
Fixing the pk system would bring competitive play into the game, thus giving ppl a drive to become better than others.
When such a drive is created ppl will become more and more active and wars would eventually happen. Which also would lead to more kingdoms eventually.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
This, but I wouldn't want to see a 4th kingdom just yet. The player count is still very low imo.

Also if we look at which fixes should have the priority then I would say the pk system.
But I am afraid that nico can't fix this (but I hope that I am wrong), and unless this isn't fixed GK will remain nothing but a collect them all game.
Fixing the pk system would bring competitive play into the game, thus giving ppl a drive to become better than others.
When such a drive is created ppl will become more and more active and wars would eventually happen. Which also would lead to more kingdoms eventually.
Explain "fixing the pk system" please

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Explain "fixing the pk system" please
The reason why you don't see ppl pking outside is because it might take 10-15 minutes to kill someone (melee fighting), and this is if the person is not running away but fighting head on.

PKing is basically impossible to do atm, there should be a better system to take someone down faster.
Plus seeing different kinds of effects would be nice too. Such as slow actually working or paralyze etc.

That's only melee fighting, then there still is ranged melee and magic.
But starting with melee would certainly improve GK's health into a stable server.

Edit: Ziro is pro with these kinds of things.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
The reason why you don't see ppl pking outside is because it might take 10-15 minutes to kill someone (melee fighting), and this is if the person is not running away but fighting head on.

PKing is basically impossible to do atm, there should be a better system to take someone down faster.
Plus seeing different kinds of effects would be nice too. Such as slow actually working or paralyze etc.

That's only melee fighting, then there still is ranged melee and magic.
But starting with melee would certainly improve GK's health into a stable server.

I agree with the effects, like Fear and such. We are already trying to work around it and make them work. Should for sure bring some fun back into PvP

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Yea it would certainly make fighting interesting.

But what I meant is fighting outside of the arena (fighting melee in the arena is pretty balanced imo).
Fighting outside takes just so long that ppl get bored of it (so this needs to be fixed), or when someone is low hp they just run away.
Killing ppl easier would certainly increase kingdom activity such as wars.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Yea it would certainly make fighting interesting.

But what I meant is fighting outside of the arena (fighting melee in the arena is pretty balanced imo).
Fighting outside takes just so long that ppl get bored of it (so this needs to be fixed), or when someone is low hp they just run away.
Killing ppl easier would certainly increase kingdom activity such as wars.
I don't think we should make it easier to kill people, since they work for their gear to get individual stats like resistance, hp, ac and whatever.
But I will think about the running-away part

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
A main problem of GK is, that pking gets you no reward PLUS people get mad at you. This used to be a problem back in 2003 etc. We all pk'd but people got mad at each other. Back then again the playercount was high enough to compensate this and kingdoms traded items between them and not with enemies. What I am trying to say, is that (I an talking for me right now) I am kind of afraid, that people get mad at me, if I pwn them. Back in those years maybe JUST that made it fun to play. I really don't know. Sagesunfamily lamed the **** out of anyone and I tried to protect some and maybe that was the fun about it all.
You couldn't stand there and idle though, otherwise you've been killed after being traced.
Not sure, if this community is mature enough to handle pking without getting mad at each other and flame/stop trade with each other. Back then I was 13 and I got mad at akali, driken, nychris and those guys but they held the pking running somehow and with this the server running. It was like everybody against them and it was fun but I dunno if we can get back to this lvl, because we need at least 10 more players, so we reach 30-40+ player at once like on easter.

Activating another kingdom would be too early I think. There is brarely any activity in the existing ones.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXKajalXx View Post
A main problem of GK is, that pking gets you no reward PLUS people get mad at you. This used to be a problem back in 2003 etc. We all pk'd but people got mad at each other. Back then again the playercount was high enough to compensate this and kingdoms traded items between them and not with enemies. What I am trying to say, is that (I an talking for me right now) I am kind of afraid, that people get mad at me, if I pwn them. Back in those years maybe JUST that made it fun to play. I really don't know. Sagesunfamily lamed the **** out of anyone and I tried to protect some and maybe that was the fun about it all.
You couldn't stand there and idle though, otherwise you've been killed after being traced.
Not sure, if this community is mature enough to handle pking without getting mad at each other and flame/stop trade with each other. Back then I was 13 and I got mad at akali, driken, nychris and those guys but they held the pking running somehow and with this the server running. It was like everybody against them and it was fun but I dunno if we can get back to this lvl, because we need at least 10 more players, so we reach 30-40+ player at once like on easter.

Activating another kingdom would be too early I think. There is brarely any activity in the existing ones.
Are you serious? PVP isn't fun because people get mad at each other? Half the ****in fun back then was the drama between players.

This has nothing to do with the community being mature enough to "handle" pking. Stop talking out of your ass
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Well that was random.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Some games have it where once you enter into combat, you can't leave a certain level until the enemy is killed or you haven't been hit in X amount of time. This might solve people from running.

However, I think people would be more willing to PK if they didn't drop money/items when they died. At least for me, this was why I never PKed.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Some games have it where once you enter into combat, you can't leave a certain level until the enemy is killed or you haven't been hit in X amount of time. This might solve people from running.

However, I think people would be more willing to PK if they didn't drop money/items when they died. At least for me, this was why I never PKed.
Well, if people wont drop anything when dying, it would be boring. Maybe more rewards for PKing could motivate people, we will see.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
I suggest changing the exp rate of peaceful mode up to a certain level, 100% of the exp like Bmode until around level 40, then it drops to i think the 50% exp unless they switch over? This would be quite enough time for a person to collect at least 1 or 2 pieces of +12 gear for defending themselves.

By that point in the game they should have a good idea of prepping weapons, enchanting their armor and blessing their weapons.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Are you serious? PVP isn't fun because people get mad at each other? Half the ****in fun back then was the drama between players.

This has nothing to do with the community being mature enough to "handle" pking. Stop talking out of your ass
God damnit, I love the way you talk. It makes me want to listen to your wise words felix.
I know that half the fun was the crap people thought about each other but right now we don't have enough players for being haters like back then.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
toyotasupra will become famous soon enough
Yea like everyone else says Graal Kingdom just don't have the player count to support another kingdom at the moment and also I burned down Forest last month.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134268127

And best PKing gear:
-Big Crystal of Mana
-Wand
and the three following spells:
-Build Director
-Build Bullet Wall
-Build Lightning Wall