Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
oneslip91 is on a distinguished road
As a player of Era I feel their should be atleast one buisiness beyond food, and gun, and even beyond renting rooms. Their should be one buisiness that catches the eye of all players, I think cars should be half priced and half more of an effect on Era and make the car dealeship some type of player owned biz.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip91 View Post
As a player of Era I feel their should be atleast one buisiness beyond food, and gun, and even beyond renting rooms. Their should be one buisiness that catches the eye of all players, I think cars should be half priced and half more of an effect on Era and make the car dealeship some type of player owned biz.
Yuo have GOT to be kidding me.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as "new ideas" go, I would like to post about the "Nightstick." The damage is a mere 10, and it's once key aspect (the stun) is utterly useless as this attribute barely takes effect in most cases (to add, the Nightstick cannot cause bleeding). The designated stun time is also much too short. At one time, the stun was useful, but due to a nerf it isn't considered a valid trait. I realize that it's just a minor weapon that anybody can buy, but in comparison to the Hammer and Machete this weapon is pointless to buy.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip91 View Post
You would make no money being a dealership. Once everyone has a car as they do now, who even really buys from the dealership? Most people buy from each other as cars are much much cheaper from a person than from the dealership
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
As far as "new ideas" go, I would like to post about the "Nightstick." The damage is a mere 10, and it's once key aspect (the stun) is utterly useless as this attribute barely takes effect in most cases (to add, the Nightstick cannot cause bleeding). The designated stun time is also much too short. At one time, the stun was useful, but due to a nerf it isn't considered a valid trait. I realize that it's just a minor weapon that anybody can buy, but in comparison to the Hammer and Machete this weapon is pointless to buy.
when I first came up with the idea of the night stick stunning players and not just doing damage, I wanted the stun to last really long. not just a few seconds because yeah, it's pointless to use right now.

I just thought of a pretty neat idea though. there could be 3 different outcomes when getting hit with a night stick.

1. you get hit in the head. 10 damage.
2. you get hit in the arm. your melee damage drops 50 percent and you can't wield a gun.
3. you get hit in the leg. your speed drops 30 percent

(each percent value can be changed. I just threw in random ones for demonstration purposes)

2 + 3 are permanent effects until you heal in a bed. in order to keep it balanced so nobody can just swing around a night stick and start stunning people, there would be a very low chance of actually breaking someones arm or leg, but no matter what a 100 percent chance to hit them for 10 damage.

would be pretty cool in my opinion.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
if someone could come up with a good business idea that isn't a generic gun/ammo/food selling business then I'm sure it will catch the attention of the staff team.

I had, but they didn't like it.. Made the levels for nothing :[
Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
A supermarket. Right now business have most of the supplies there for them. I think they should have to buy all of their supplies. It would be a lot more interesting and I think its a great idea.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
A supermarket. Right now business have most of the supplies there for them. I think they should have to buy all of their supplies. It would be a lot more interesting and I think its a great idea.
How is a supermarket any different from another food business?

Unless you're talking about some super-center like Wal-Mart, where you can buy COMPARE-US-TO-<REAL-QUALITY-****> clothes, cereal, and funyuns?

Let's not forget the 99 cents DVD rack.

No but really, what are they stocking up on? They've already got mines for the minerals needed to produce things... Food for the Employee Only Christmas party? World War III? 2012? Charity Events?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
The old skateboard shop and park-area.
Could have that player-owned and then have the skate park an area for competitions (betting on winners to increase revenue for the shop, and something interesting) and practice for them.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
lol...new ideas for a modern server XD

Try following the sims with something like talent points?

-Maybe you can start drawing doodles and work up to masterpieces to sell for money...

-Taking photos with a camera, you can sell for money...

-Cleaning a gun with a cool gui of gun parts and your cursor being a brush...

-An actual recycle bin somewhere on the screen whowing how much trash you've collected when you're wearing the stick thing...

-Hold shift to run for a short while while losing your ability to shoot? Unable to run/ slowed signifigantly if injured.

-Introduce Stimulants into the game to improve how fast you run/aim/stuff.

-give each gang spraypaint where they can claim area's with thier sign.

-make a diner dash sort of minigame to earn money, with a high score list.

-remove most spar arena's and add a way to simply duel with someone, making all players invisable as the 2 dueling players only see each other and are invulerable to others for a short while, bullets only hurting each other..etc..etc...duel having a time limit

-actual neighborhoods with actual houses and neighbers and yards and a mailbox w/ tree's and gardens... x3

I felt like emptying out my mind >:O time for sleep...Zzz.z
Old 07-22-2009, 04:25 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
-An actual recycle bin somewhere on the screen whowing how much trash you've collected when you're wearing the stick thing...

-Hold shift to run for a short while while losing your ability to shoot? Unable to run/ slowed signifigantly if injured.

-give each gang spraypaint where they can claim area's with thier sign.

-remove most spar arena's and add a way to simply duel with someone, making all players invisable as the 2 dueling players only see each other and are invulerable to others for a short while, bullets only hurting each other..etc..etc...duel having a time limit
I like these 4
The hold shift would be cool, it could be a crouch kinda run, you run faster and cent use your gun (Could have some sweet ganis)
spray paint.. Meh, make it so it cant be abused rofl
Different spars! like spar in the dark, invisible, ice, Spars where you rent a gun in that level only, like rent MT for 100$ for like 1h
you kno.

Last edited by BlueMelon; 07-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Removed unneeded blank spaaace
Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I like these 4
The hold shift would be cool, it could be a crouch kinda run, you run faster and cent use your gun (Could have some sweet ganis)
spray paint.. Meh, make it so it cant be abused rofl
Different spars! like spar in the dark, invisible, ice, Spars where you rent a gun in that level only, like rent MT for 100$ for like 1h
you kno.
Good idea, but remember...
Era is a modern server. Ice is not really fitting.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
How is a supermarket any different from another food business?

Unless you're talking about some super-center like Wal-Mart, where you can buy COMPARE-US-TO-<REAL-QUALITY-****> clothes, cereal, and funyuns?

Let's not forget the 99 cents DVD rack.

No but really, what are they stocking up on? They've already got mines for the minerals needed to produce things... Food for the Employee Only Christmas party? World War III? 2012? Charity Events?
Quit being so blonde.

He means so food buisnesses have to buy materials to make there things elsewhere, it would be like the gun parts shop, you can't use anything unless your building something that uses the part. Only think is it would have to be NPC owned because that would be stupid of it was playerowned, what would they stock with?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary_Sock View Post
Good idea, but remember...
Era is a modern server. Ice is not really fitting.
Well, what about a ice rink... you know for hockey?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
He means so food buisnesses have to buy materials to make there things elsewhere, it would be like the gun parts shop, you can't use anything unless your building something that uses the part.
Ohhh yeah.

Decent idea maybe, just worded badly. Real food businesses don't buy their **** from a supermarket. They've got mass producing suppliers.

But yeah, they should have to pay for supplies like the ammo shops do.