Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
gang wars

why is gang wars still hosted as a gang event? it doesn't demonstrate team work at all which is pretty much the main focus of gangs. one person can win the event for the whole gang. do you think that one person can win a KotH by himself? I doubt it. I don't see why this event is still hosted when there are plenty of other ones that can actually be considered gang events.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
I agree aswell to be honest.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also agree.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Yes I concur.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Dying down to the skill-base thing again. GW still tests member-quality. In isolation, put your best against the best of other gangs. Looks to be gang-rounded to me. On UN I see guilds do that all the time, works great.

I doubt there'd be any complaints if Era's PK Chain wasn't so absolute. It practically a test of individual ability, you may disagree but individual ability does affect gangs just as much as collective power.

Every gang has grunts and then has its power-players, ex. LC, Frankie = A Grunt, Frank = A Power Player.

GW tests the power players to see who is the strongest amongst them.
I mean, if individual skill didn't impact gangs, how do you explain the impact I bringforth?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Gang Wars believe it or not also takes some strategy. For example, whether or not to put Player A in or Player B in.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
Gang Wars believe it or not also takes some strategy. For example, whether or not to put Player A in or Player B in.
lets take a look at koth. you're on the playing field during the whole event, constantly pking and using tactics to take over and hold the base. in gang wars you sit in a small box deciding who in your gang gets to spar next. I think there's a huge difference in strategy here. it's stupid to even try and call gang wars strategic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatoses
Dying down to the skill-base thing again. GW still tests member-quality. In isolation, put your best against the best of other gangs. Looks to be gang-rounded to me. On UN I see guilds do that all the time, works great.

I doubt there'd be any complaints if Era's PK Chain wasn't so absolute. It practically a test of individual ability, you may disagree but individual ability does affect gangs just as much as collective power.

Every gang has grunts and then has its power-players, ex. LC, Frankie = A Grunt, Frank = A Power Player.

GW tests the power players to see who is the strongest amongst them.
I mean, if individual skill didn't impact gangs, how do you explain the impact I bringforth?
there's hardly a handful of people on this server that actually have skill in spars. everybody else relies on their speed level and their gun. spars hardly mean anything these days to me especially when it's for a gang event.

if you're so bent over individual skill, keep it to spar tournaments. don't keep using this **** as a gang event.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I agree with this completely.

As far as KoTH goes, the tactical strategy provided during that event isn't much more abundant than the one that Gang Wars presents. The main gist of KoTH is "Lets meet up, go through exit ____, and rush the chest!" or "Lets lame the outside of ____'s healing room, and make sure they don't win!" <-- followed by those two sequences comes the infamous barrage of bullets; hardly considered tactical.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:46 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
I agree with this completely.

As far as KoTH goes, the tactical strategy provided during that event isn't much more abundant than the one that Gang Wars presents. The main gist of KoTH is "Lets meet up, go through exit ____, and rush the chest!" or "Lets lame the outside of ____'s healing room, and make sure they don't win!" <-- followed by those two sequences comes the infamous barrage of bullets; hardly considered tactical.
usually LC has 3 different people from each gang trying to lame our spawn yet we still win.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where's the strategy of putting "A" person in or "B" person in if they're going up against someone like Wil, Black, myself, etc. It's more of a gambling game than it is a strategy and frankly it's always been a pretty lame event, which I myself find boring.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I find gangwars fun. It's good for a switchup and like Wil said, it measures individual skill in your gang. Sure, it's clearly not the same thing as Koth...nobody said it was.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
There is most-certainly skill on Era, Frankie. So I hope you're speaking on your own behalf on that one. If you think its as simple as speed, gun and voula, ask those who have 10 speed and big guns that still get stomped.

Gang Wars is most-definitely strategic. Era Players all have a fighting style, by putting the right style against the opponent, you guarantee a win. Ex. Black would lose to Syzmic because Syzmic's style is a stronger more aggressive version of Black's.
Frank would lose to Sigma because Sigma's style is a replica of his, but more offensive. It goes on.

So yeah, it does take strategy, which makes it imperative that a gang leader knows the capabilities of his members along with opposing gang's members.

Takes as much, if not mpre strategy than KOTH. Strategy in KOTH is nothing but deciding which entrances to move on, and who has bigger guns, collectively. That is hardly as complex as anticipating different styles of pking.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
xChugxLifex
lets not forget to mention that gang wars is also greatly based on luck.

whether or not it still uses the method that I'm thinking of where the person hosting grabs the block to choose which gang spars each other, your gang can get lucky and not have to spar while the other gangs are eliminating each other. if your gang doesn't spar 3 or 4 times in a row you're getting a huge advantage.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
lets not forget to mention that gang wars is also greatly based on luck.

whether or not it still uses the method that I'm thinking of where the person hosting grabs the block to choose which gang spars each other, your gang can get lucky and not have to spar while the other gangs are eliminating each other. if your gang doesn't spar 3 or 4 times in a row you're getting a huge advantage.
Frankie, this is why I like you. I can always count on you to make my points for me.

I move to propose to eliminate the "luck" factor by only using the blocks to pick first two gangs who spar, and the ones not picked, spar next. Then grab the blocks again for another 2, and ones not picked spar again, and etc. This way every gang spars equally and its still randomized, best of both worlds.

No new scripts needed or nothing, simple as grabbing the block every OTHER spar.