Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Cross-Platform Event

Hi All,

I want to propose an Edit:quest that requires players to do something on both iEra and PC Era. It could help us introduce players to eachother's server, and would be fun for players of both servers. If it went well we could do future events in the same style, where the player would complete something at home one night on the PC and then do the other half of the quest on his phone the next day.

We could try to arrange some kind of file transfer, where everyone who completes the quest on the server gets saved to a txt file that gets transferred to the other server and automatically uploaded via script to change your attributes on the next login. So there would be some lag between having to complete the first half and the second (depending on how often the file could be transferred), but it could be cool anyways.

Anyone know how we would be able to propose this to whoever is running iEra these days? And what does everyone think?

Last edited by Spikedude; 06-05-2014 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: woops meant quest not event. Oh well.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
hello!

last i heard stefan wants to "merge" the servers but knows its not actually possible to merge them, "merge" actually meaning remove one and have the other take its place

i do think its a really good idea though, the theme could possibly be that of a parallel universe

also i doubt it would ever be allowed to synchronise files between the two servers
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Was talking to Amsel about this before he posted this. Totally agree with him. Great idea that should be implemented.

Could be used as a wormhole for players to come through to era PC and era PC players to go through into iera.

I would love to see this happen.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
iEra will replace Era PC as far as I know.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 06-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I don't see a problem with replacing one so long as you can still access it via the Graal PC client, as is the case with Delteria as far as I can tell.

I think introducing the two communities to each other would be neat! Any transition of resources would be a delicate subject, to say nothing of the established gangs.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
I don't see a problem with replacing one so long as you can still access it via the Graal PC client, as is the case with Delteria as far as I can tell.
so lets just get rid of the server which helped keep graal in business during its years of struggle, to hell with all the effort people have made developing pc eras unique aspects, building up their in game character, or competing within the community? just because it has the same name and the same tileset doesnt mean it is the same

also the new delteria is the same incarnation as the redeveloped pc delteria rather than a replacement, therefore its not an appropriate example to use in this instance
Old 06-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Hi All,

I want to propose an Edit:quest that requires players to do something on both iEra and PC Era. It could help us introduce players to eachother's server, and would be fun for players of both servers. If it went well we could do future events in the same style, where the player would complete something at home one night on the PC and then do the other half of the quest on his phone the next day.

We could try to arrange some kind of file transfer, where everyone who completes the quest on the server gets saved to a txt file that gets transferred to the other server and automatically uploaded via script to change your attributes on the next login. So there would be some lag between having to complete the first half and the second (depending on how often the file could be transferred), but it could be cool anyways.

Anyone know how we would be able to propose this to whoever is running iEra these days? And what does everyone think?
I'll try to get in contact with some of my buddies who have high power on iEra, although the idea is great I could see the threat they would have because of the bad history of management on Era. (Someone abusing something, spawning a bunch of items on iEra and just creating havoc causing a rollback etc) I like it though, reminds me of the old UN vs Era idea where they competed in events
Old 06-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
That's unfortunate to hear, J.

If and when Valikorlia makes the transition to Facebook, we're really just porting over all of our assets and letting our community connect either via web browser or PC client. The only thing stopping us is a seeming lack of mass messages and a less than satisfactory chat client, which is quite honestly our greatest need for a social RP experience.

I can see some difficulties in merging two communities if one feels they would be overshadowed or stepped over by the other, but hopefully that isn't the case!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Would be great: players who play iEra would try real Era and realise how much better it is compared to iEra. The playercount would benefit very positively in the long term.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:03 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Its snk (aka snake andy aka andrew aka xAndrewx)

its not really that possible, at least not that i could imagine it in a efficiant way. also those servers are pretty different (also community wise). would rather see content merged (like quests the PC era got, UIs for PC, parts of the tileset etc, you get what i mean) and have the mobile era opened for the PC community as well
Old 06-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Its snk (aka snake andy aka andrew aka xAndrewx)

its not really that possible, at least not that i could imagine it in a efficiant way. also those servers are pretty different (also community wise). would rather see content merged (like quests the PC era got, UIs for PC, parts of the tileset etc, you get what i mean) and have the mobile era opened for the PC community as well
nobody wants to play era with .8 speed and **** guns. we finally managed to lower the freeze of the guns to avoid players getting too defensive. there's not 1 decent PC Era player who started playing iera regularly even if it has a way higher playercount
Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
nobody wants to play era with .8 speed and **** guns. we finally managed to lower the freeze of the guns to avoid players getting too defensive. there's not 1 decent PC Era player who started playing iera regularly even if it has a way higher playercount
Hey, have you seen the keyword rather I've used in your quote? Also your last sentence doesn't seem to make sense to me, mind trying to elaborate? All together your way of giving feedback seems to... lack of feedback. Maybe you can work on improving that one.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
It could work but not sure how you could do an event to gain something with no gun etc
Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
has anyone considered the possibility that the mystery behind why free gold hasnt been removed since christmas could be explained by looking back to what happened with fairyland europe?

for those who dont know, fairyland europe was a project licensed by unixmad, players of fairyland europe were given a period of free time prior to the complete disbanding of the game. could it be that they are now waiting for all active purchased gold subscriptions to expire before either removing pc era or possibly all pc-exclusive servers?

ofcourse theres probably a simpler explanation such as it being a lazy way of opening up facebook access for playerworlds despite all the excuses made for not removing observer mode in previous years, but there is still no official explanation
Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Era since 2005
Removing PC Era would be retarded since 90% of its players wouldn't start playing iEra since the gameplay is terrible and nobody wants to lose all their items.