Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Y even bother with UC anymore ?

This is not a thread to bash if you don't have nothing nice to say plz don't post

Now after seeing how bad the player count drop and only Era is getting 100 players and Zodiac is not getting that high no more. Leads me to believe why spend 100 dollars to develop a server when u might have 200 players tops due of the community on PC Graal. I honestly look at Graal PC platform as a Development Platform Beta center for mobile/flash games. Some of you might ask how i come up with this very simple.

Seems like the servers on PC they can see what works and what doesn't on a smaller community then make changes etc. before u release it to a bigger community.

some reason's why there's no more servers getting release on classic tab like they did in the 99-2002

1. gs1 was the scripting language it was offline and very easy to script really not that complex

2. you didn't have to pay to get a server u just had to finish and send it to stefan and he decides

3. They were allowing similar servers to go up as long as it was finish

now with global and everything they made it more complex to script and need to bring something new to the table which ideas are slim to none..

Now with updates i know they have newer Dev game tools they haven't release yet and prob wont to graal but that is on them.

I honestly think they should make pc 100% free and just make it a dev platform for mobile/flash games. Now the UC servers u can make it where u have requirements before they give u a free one have 3 months inspections to c if u get to keep or remove ur server depending on content etc.

A lot of ways to do it and still get the enjoyment of your gaming releasing to a big community instead of just maybe 200 to 300 players

Another thing i think that they can benefit the business would make licenses and licensees the platform for say 50.00 with newer tools (if u ask y 50 think about it 100 bucks for Torque engine and lets face it Graal is no Torque Engine.) After the game is built they can officer to publish/host the game with a Percentage of sales u make in profit.

Thank you for reading this if you did just throwing some ideas hope that this will get to global's and unixmad i know this is not Stefan fault hes just a employee but whatever Unixmad is doing is not working so leads me. To think he needs to make choices or just close it down all together instead of losing money from pc
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Hey, you're right. If PC is free to develop on, maybe more iPhone quality servers would come out and then they can leech off them for profit!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
When you look at it from a higher point of view, why continue to support PC? Its barely making money and barely has a player count. The new "fad" right now is mobile/tablet/social media. So App stores and social networking websites is where the money is at. When you think about mobile games, people like simple, yet addicting game models.

I can understand why there is not much PC support. Technology has advanced so much with mobile, why not go with the flow and make big $.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
y support pc hmm
i can tell u y
cause unixmad and stefan need developers they pretty much refuse to pay for development
due they get interns and people to donate free time to work for them. Not many people will. Look at Tig and Skyld they put a lot of time into graal and not get nothing in return money wise. why pay to develop on pc then they just take it and make money off of it with a bigger community that's a insult to developers face too. would be different if we actually got paid. another thing whats with the money lost honestly what are they paying for they have to have hosting server to host iPhone regardless and other stuff and they pay for a website that is it and iPhone covers all plus some..
they can make pc 100% free and use it a Dev platform beta for mobile and flash games devices instead being greedy and taken every dime they can get. what i suggest would save them money due they can go to a smaller hosting space. i look at reviews everybody says even the word is out Graal is Dead and outdated

i look at it this way there unixmad business solution is get people to pay to make content for them to make more money its a win
win for them its like you go to a gas station and say hey here's 100 dollars for having the gas tanks and 100 dollars for gas

he says that everybody paid for a version of graal that is it i mean they say there not a donation company but honestly they think everybody in pc community is

Last edited by Rave_J; 01-02-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:19 PM
interning for graal would be hilarious
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
The whole business model is "Pay to create your own game". You seem to have a whole different idea of it. YOU spend your time because YOUR paying to make a game. They just provide the tools and the server /space.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
interning for graal would be hilarious
accept (the developers) kind of are.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Graal Developer
no stefan post or unixmad talked about some quest update that the interns did was like a side scroll quest etc for iPhone classic. Ya we pay to make our own game to big a community not just for 100 to 300 players thought. example torque engine is to make Ur own game RPG Maker is like graal lets just get that out of the way. developers on here are getting screwed especially taking content from pc for iPhone to benefit. i don't see iPhone making there own content like pc did. plus We don't even get up to date dev tools u pay for pretty much outdated tools and server space

Also the guide lines of getting a game launch doesn't tell u when u purchase that
u have to bring something new to the table and have this and that and starting picking out everything for them to benefit thought
use to be if u finish a server u launch it also making your own game u decide when its live not someone tells u when u can go live

A lot of you can hate but honestly log on and u can see that whats going on does not work no more need to be change
i believe even a new amazing server comes out wouldn't boost the player count due how outdated graal is as a platform

also unixmad mention in a 04 post that they give out free versions and most game doesn't well most games has a professional game studio and professional GM's and customer service too and Sales marketing which graal doesn't have
and also Perfect World company gives out free online games and versions FYI
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Actually, Graal is a really unique engine and there is nothing like it.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 AM
asdfg
All depends on how you approach it. I'm sure stefan and unixmad are making good $$ right now. At the end of the day, $ is what matters when you're running a business. Sure the support is not the greatest, but if players/people keep paying for it, why should they change it?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Graal Developer
to approve quality of service the game is not even worth paying to play it monthly. also i wouldn't mind paying if i get licenses rights to edit the client any way i want and launch a game away from graal
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I can't even tell if this is a joke.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
bad grammar, no valid points, just rage

tl;dr

Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Graal Developer
... ok Elk let's use u as a example say Crystia or whatever that server was called say u had it 100 percent done and launch it and only got say 100 players then 6 months later u see a iphone server say Graal ICrystia or whatever and say Matt was manager and u ask Stefan and he said na u got pc hes in charge of iphone one... That wouldn't piss u off knowning it took u say 2 years and u spent 200 bucks of your own money to get it up.

So u made the server but yet Matt or some other guy like him is running it with a higher player count that didn't make it in the first place

not raging just showing u guy's what fatal error graal online is making
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i've never understood these conspiracy theories, like Stefan would steal your server and put someone else in charge. when has that really happened? as far as i can recall, it's only happened under reasonable circumstances.