Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
6sixty6 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down wtf when graal back

i have windows xp and my grall client WONT EVEN OPEN!
is the a temp problem, if so i hope it fixed soon, and if i cant use v6 cuz it not capable to run in my platform
Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
V6 Should be more than capable to run on windows xp.
What are your PC specs?
If V5 won't open try re-installing, if that won't work then try right clicking graalv5.exe and click properties, under compatibility try running it in compatibility mode for each option.

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sixty6 View Post
i have windows xp and my grall client WONT EVEN OPEN!
is the a temp problem, if so i hope it fixed soon, and if i cant use v6 cuz it not capable to run in my platform
How your computer is handling files is not our problem, tbh.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
robot alien space pirates
ShadowFist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShadowFist
Just don't use v6..?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
I still use v5 on the rare occasion that I log on. v6 absolutely kills all three of my computers (2 running Vista, 1 running Win7).
Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Kills your computers? In what ways?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Kills your computers? In what ways?
"Kills" was a bit harsh. My frame-rate while using v6 seems like watching a film in slow motion, however -- it takes 30-60 seconds to walk through one level the majority of the time, no matter what I do. I have had no problems with other games, or the v5 client for that matter.

I don't care a whole lot on a personal level because I prefer developing Graal to playing Graal, and incidentally I don't have much time for either as it is and have probably signed on a handful of times all year. But this v6 issue I seem to be having doesn't exactly "encourage" me to "hop on and have fun."
Old 12-11-2011, 01:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Generate dxdiag logs and post them so we can at least get a summary of your specs, and attempt to identify the source of the problem.

1. Start -> Search: dxdiag
2. Click "Save All Information"

Do you get the same issue using OpenGL? There's a checkbox in F3 to toggle between DirectX and OpenGL now.

Also you could generate HiJackThis logs as well.

Link: http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/produc...HijackThis.exe
1. Download
2. Run -> Do a System Scan and Save Log file

Video card drivers up-to-date?

Do you have Aero enabled? Try disabling it and see if you encounter the same issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Graal does a lot of File I/O. An anti-virus's active shield could be hooking the loading processes and running every time Graal attempts to load a file. Try disabling your anti-virus. If it helps try adding the Graal.exe and/or directory to the 'Excluded' items option in your anti-virus.

While Graal is running check the processes tab in task manager (ctrl+alt+del), sort by CPU and see what percentage is being consumed and by what.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Generate dxdiag logs and post them so we can at least get a summary of your specs, and attempt to identify the source of the problem.

1. Start -> Search: dxdiag
2. Click "Save All Information"

Do you get the same issue using OpenGL? There's a checkbox in F3 to toggle between DirectX and OpenGL now.

Also you could generate HiJackThis logs as well.

Link: http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/produc...HijackThis.exe
1. Download
2. Run -> Do a System Scan and Save Log file

Video card drivers up-to-date?

Do you have Aero enabled? Try disabling it and see if you encounter the same issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Graal does a lot of File I/O. An anti-virus's active shield could be hooking the loading processes and running every time Graal attempts to load a file. Try disabling your anti-virus. If it helps try adding the Graal.exe and/or directory to the 'Excluded' items option in your anti-virus.

While Graal is running check the processes tab in task manager (ctrl+alt+del), sort by CPU and see what percentage is being consumed and by what.
I have lag issues as well. DxDiag attached. OpenGL seems the same. HiJack this attached. Video card drivers are up-to-date. Aero doesn't change much. Graal uses 20~40% of CPU.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (32.8 KB, 1009 views)
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (13.5 KB, 988 views)

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
I have lag issues as well. DxDiag attached. OpenGL seems the same. HiJack this attached. Video card drivers are up-to-date. Aero doesn't change much. Graal uses 20~40% of CPU.
I'm pretty sure I told you this before but according your HiJackThis:

You have both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender enabled. Try disabling them or adding your Graal directory to the list of exceptions. Uninstall them completely and see if that helps, if it doesn't reinstall them.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A 10 seconds /clientstats would help me also.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:23 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A 10 seconds /clientstats would help me also.
As someone who has been trying to help others and solve these performance problems.

You really need to make a better way for players to generate client-stats logs.

Requiring someone with RC to do it is a huge pain in the ass because of the extra coordination and participation required on the third-party.

Just exclude in-depth function profiling from self-generated client-stats.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Cool

Alright, I've added them to the ignore list/exclusion list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	malwarebytes ignore list.png
Views:	966
Size:	665.3 KB
ID:	54075   Click image for larger version

Name:	bitdefender exclusion list.png
Views:	965
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	54076  

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Why are you running two antivirus programs anyway?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Graal Administration
Is it running faster now?
I've seen that sometimes the PC comes with one anti-virus package and the ISP installs another one. It's hard to see why the computer is slow until you go into the task manager and watch the services fight each other. These services are not shown in the program list so it will not even show anything strange in the list.