Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Sideways mountain tiles

This isn't a request for advise on how to tile cliffs in general. (I already know how to do that.) I just have a specific question that needs a specific answer.

I can't help but think there has to be a better way to tile this. It's the only part of my cliffs that I think looks like it should be done differently however the tiles don't seem to exist.

In the attached screenshot you see how the cliff slants up at an angle and it looks good together. However when trying to go the opposite direction there doesn't seem to be any way to angle downards at the same sort of angle only in reverse. It looks like the only way to do it is by using the same tile and going in a straight line with it. Does any one have a better way of doing the angle in the other direction?

edit: I know I left off a piece of shadow I just threw this together really quick as an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal3.png
Views:	172
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	46302  

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Telmont Bandit
So regarding my initial question does any one know if there is a better way to do it? I'm not sure that there is but I'm hoping some one might know.. it just seems like the bottom half should angle downards similar to how the top half angles upwards.

I stole Spanky's gold!

Last edited by Darlene159; 10-24-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Graal Perspective = Zelda Perspective...

meaning that it shows all sides of buildings that are important, meaning, the back of the cliff is as long as the front, so are the diagonal cliffs
if you want those post-modern bugged cliffs that are common on all servers, use them but there's not really a better way ;p

Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Telmont Bandit
Thanks Elk, I didn't figure there was but I just wanted to double check before I got to far along in what I was doing.

I stole Spanky's gold!