Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Future of Global Currency

With it being suggested that the subscription policy may (albeit gradually) be altered to a system more similar to that of iPhone where the game would be mostly free but with certain upgrades or perks available for purchase within the global shop I've been thinking about what could be the most productive way this could be implemented.

Something that comes to mind is that with seasonal holiday events such as Halloween now being very much a tradition on the separate main Graal servers could the rewards of participating in these types of things perhaps become inter-twined with the Global Shop, or to put it simply allow for servers to reward either Global Gralats or a new form of Global points?

Obviously this is something that would have to be very strictly moderated, limited and only available to a select few servers in order to prevent abuse, but I believe it could act as a greater incentive for players both established and new to participate across the server list if there was a greater freedom in what they could gain and therefore an increased chance of obtaining something more relevant to them, whereas you might not get this with each server individually offering something unique from that server.

With the ability to award a form of Global Points or Currency I believe this could also be efficient in generating extra playercount and subsequently an increased return of revenue in itself, gralats on iPhone for instance are obviously primarily intended to be sold for real money, with the fact that you can farm them in game at a slow rate some people would as a result be obtaining things in game without paying in money, but also involving themself within the community which is ofcourse what the game primarily revolves around which in turn stimulates activity and increases the chances of more people paying into the game, in theory this more than makes up for the original loss.

I'm sure that with a mostly free subscription policy playercount would start to rise anyway, but applying the same logic to the top PC servers that have activities and events alot more fun than farming or grinding (not that grinding doesn't exist on them), plus allowing the equivalent of trials to earn the equivalent of a subscription by persevering through such things as events over a long period of time I'm confident this could result in a win-win situation in terms of both playercount and revenue.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I like this idea. It doesn't alienate those that don't have enough money for some special perk they would like to have. It gives them a way to earn it.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
I don't know if the current PWA is active enough to moderate it properly and I could see a lot of abuse from server managers helping out their friends.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
I don't know if the current PWA is active enough to moderate it properly and I could see a lot of abuse from server managers helping out their friends.
So UN and Era won't be included if their respective managers can't get their act together. My issue is that earning the currency won't exactly be an equal effort amongst the servers so a fair amount of time would be spent weighting the goals to earn them.

An alternative to this would be if we could propose event ideas to the globals and if it's deemed worthy they could supply some Gelat Codes for prizes.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
There would certainly have to be security procedures such as limiting how much could be awarded over a certain amount of time, aswell as the command itself being something like a sendtext to lister which can only be done by the selected few servers, being logged in one single place to be viewed from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
My issue is that earning the currency won't exactly be an equal effort amongst the servers so a fair amount of time would be spent weighting the goals to earn them.
While this is true in the case earning the currency the same can be said of spending it within the Global Shop for items specific to a server.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Meh... I only see bad coming from this if it would arive. Giving the ability to basically give away free, paid subscriptions to people with the title of 'manager' on an online game. I'd see it only expanding farther with managers offering points to staff members for working and such, and as said in another post, I don't believe the pwa would be able to moderate it enough.

I think stefan's trying to head towards a sort of free graal w/ cash shop in the future, and I support that idea.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Meh... I only see bad coming from this if it would arive. Giving the ability to basically give away free, paid subscriptions to people with the title of 'manager' on an online game. I'd see it only expanding farther with managers offering points to staff members for working and such, and as said in another post, I don't believe the pwa would be able to moderate it enough.
This has been suggested before even by Stefan himself at one point but I don't really mean this as a type of allowance where Server Managers would be free to spread it how they wish but very strictly as a type of limited reward for players.
Any staff member attempting to give it to themself or friends having not gone through the proper channels to earn it really ought to be at a risk of being removed.