Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I know, I know...but I think the overall idea is not good, because you have no damn idea who the hell is who if you are checking accounts. Like you hover over one of the 14 'unknown's in your friendlist to check who you actually wanna meet and 6 of them actually say something like Graal123456 or pc:123456...thats just not cool o.O
I agree. I look at my player list with account name. Not names.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:25 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
It is a tad bit annoying having a graalxxxxxx pm me and saying, "Hey u rember me, yes!!?!".

To that end, it would be cool if we could put our own nicknames on players so we could switch between Account, nickname and personal nickname. Could also show all three when hovering over the player list entry.

Example:
Account: Gerami
Nickname: Crono (Pluffy Gang)
Personal Nickname: Crownoh
Old 11-23-2007, 03:02 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Personal Nickname: Crownoh
!!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I was wondering why this was ever even implemented. Seems only to have caused pain to people

This and observer mode ... and the non-universal v5 client for mac ... my only problems with v5
Old 01-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Teh one and only FLUFFY!
firefury is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to firefury
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
The idea was to allow someone to enter into the game without choosing an account name, it is connected to the activex/plugins system.

We came to this idea become lot of new players never came into the game because of the long process:
- Choose an account name (it was harder and harder)
- Confirm email
- Download graal
- Put account name/password (copy password from email)
- Enter into the game.

The system can probably be improved by pushing players to choose quickly a community name.

It require a little bit more work and organisation for scripters but it is really worst it for getting new players.
Account name: Adding numbers or letters to the end of them arent THAT hard.
Confirm email: takes no more than a minute
Graal Client: takes like a minute to download.
Password: What about letting us choose our OWN passwords? it takes like a week to memorize it.

What a "Hard" procedure...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefury View Post
Account name: Adding numbers or letters to the end of them arent THAT hard.
Confirm email: takes no more than a minute
Graal Client: takes like a minute to download.
Password: What about letting us choose our OWN passwords? it takes like a week to memorize it.

Agree, though I do like the idea of the browser- it actually is nice. It's not practical for actual use, but as far as simply trying the game, I like it.

I don't see why you can't play with a pc:66666 account, and then once you decide to register, choose your own.

Oh well, atleast 50 years from now if I'm still alive, and Graal is still alive (YAH RIGHT *cough*), then I can come on and I'll be one of the very few with actual account names.

Of course, in 50 years unix and Stefan will both be dead
Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
not if they eat that bread unixmad buys every day)

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefury View Post

because people would put easy passwords and would get hacked a lot.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Takes a week to remember it, I have had this account almost a year and I cant remember the password yet...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
because people would put easy passwords and would get hacked a lot.
Maybe if players lock their account by PC they can be allowed to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Takes a week to remember it, I have had this account almost a year and I cant remember the password yet...
I've had my account cbk1994 on the same password for ... let me check ... since 2004 ... 4 years. I have no clue what it is.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
all I know is the first two letters, and that's cuz i looked it up when sending and app for a guild

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Yeah, Zero found this on his server before v5 was even announced

And needless to say we were confused.

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...
I agree. i like how you can pick your account name not have graal6475634564 or whatever....
Old 05-28-2008, 08:14 AM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Way to revive a four month old thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Way to revive a four month old thread
Well, true, but I still don't like the change, since it makes lots of things harder when scripting, too.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
player.account > player.communityname
  • new player attribute player.communityname which displays the name the player is using for the forums etc.
    • by default players have now an account name which is basicly just a number (Graal12345) and can later register a communityname which is then used for the fourms, wiki etc.
    • on the playerlist and PMs it will display the community name instead of the account name, scripts are supposed to do the same

I haven't done much testing but I'm assuming it's safe to just use community name where you would previously just use account.

Unless of course, those with old account names but never had any access to the forum and thus have never registered a community name, makes the community name return null?

If the same goes with new accounts who have not yet registered a community name (which of course does suck) but a simple fix would be to fall back to the account name or even the nickname of the player to assertain identity.

However, nicknames are not as secure as the previous two options.

I'll do some testing later today and post my findings in the scripting forum if you like Crow?

Closed Thread