Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 12:04 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
We have commands and options put in place to make a lot of this happen. Take 10 HP LMS for example: host an event, ET can simply say : playerhp 10, then say :start.
Unfortunately not many ET's would take initiative to do something like this, and it'd only be hosted once in a blue moon.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:17 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
We have commands and options put in place to make a lot of this happen. Take 10 HP LMS for example: host an event, ET can simply say : playerhp 10, then say :start.
maybe ET's think its not allowed or something maybe you guys can tell them specifically to even do it unrequested once in a while.

idk if you guys use some kind of hosting list or something but yeh.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Griff.....ball
Old 01-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
*Eraian
Perhaps, but Eranian makes it more Iranian where Eraian gives more of an Aryan vibe - something I don't think is kosher for Era.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
new freakin events??? doesnt seem to be anyone at all making any new stuff.

1.bush race
2. pot race.
3. car races
4. skate board event?
5. Sword wars (choose a melee wep then everyone is warped free for all in a level)
6. Water knife (everyone in 1 level of water try to be the last to survive the knives/bleeding/ sharks)
7. king of the hill
8. 10HP free for all
9. DDR style event
10. juggernaut (last killer of juggernaut gets to be the jug first to x numbr of kills wins)
11. poke wars (everyone gets temp pencil)
12. tag (non pk)
13. freeze tag (non pk)
14. classic sword sparring
15. 1 hp classic sword free for all
16. classic sword full hp free for all
17. classic bow battle.
18. era bow battle
19. flame thrower wars
20. neo wars.
21. boomer wars
22. shank fight (knife)
23. over dose (everyone gets needle for melee battle)
sure other people could add to the list of event ideas.
Everyone of those even ideas are terrible. Minus a very few. I would personally like to see community bosses. Example the era bank is being robbed by a team of npcs, its the communities job to take him down. Thinks like this could really bring the community together. Customisable pvp events would be fun to. Where players can adjust the settings while other players join. It doesnt even have to be staff hosted.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 01-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Zone iPhone Gani
rockstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Everyone of those even ideas are terrible. Minus a very few. I would personally like to see community bosses. Example the era bank is being robbed by a team of npcs, its the communities job to take him down. Thinks like this could really bring the community together. Customisable pvp events would be fun to. Where players can adjust the settings while other players join. It doesnt even have to be staff hosted.
+Rep, great idea.
Email
Old 01-18-2015, 07:12 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or not, you call almost every event idea stupid when he is asking for people's OWN ideas. There's no need to call them stupid, especially not even going in to the slightest bit of detail in your ideas. If you really want an opinion I suggest going in to more detail in your ideas because these have been suggested many times before.

Ok, Era Bank is being robbed by a team of NPCs, sure. How do we make this an event? How do you stop the NPCs? How is it not going to become a repetitive boring event? How will it not become an crappy event that new players just sit back while the "pros" do everything and everyone gets an EC. How is that fun? And how does this not differentiate to quests we already have put in place?

PvP Events ran by players, this is not a good idea, the game is already ran by players, they can tell the ET what they want (majority rules), that's fine. I don't really understand the idea as a whole though, do you mean they decide how much HP, what guns to use? What level?

Not saying these ideas couldn't work however maybe some more input would do it justice.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:24 AM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
How is that fun? And how does this not differentiate to quests we already have put in place?
I feel like the reason current quest are not done is because the reward is not enough to burden the average player with doing it. That plus the NPCs are so bad in most places it's no fun to do the quest and it's better to just use overwall and mountable weapons to finish the quest.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
whatever happened to lazer tag and hidden paths? no one hosts that anymore

how about we fix all the broken events? thats a good start
Old 01-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or not, you call almost every event idea stupid when he is asking for people's OWN ideas. There's no need to call them stupid, especially not even going in to the slightest bit of detail in your ideas. If you really want an opinion I suggest going in to more detail in your ideas because these have been suggested many times before.

Ok, Era Bank is being robbed by a team of NPCs, sure. How do we make this an event? How do you stop the NPCs? How is it not going to become a repetitive boring event? How will it not become an crappy event that new players just sit back while the "pros" do everything and everyone gets an EC. How is that fun? And how does this not differentiate to quests we already have put in place?

PvP Events ran by players, this is not a good idea, the game is already ran by players, they can tell the ET what they want (majority rules), that's fine. I don't really understand the idea as a whole though, do you mean they decide how much HP, what guns to use? What level?

Not saying these ideas couldn't work however maybe some more input would do it justice.
Nah I was being dead serious. And thats my honest opinion. Taking event ideas, pretty generic events at that isn't going to bring any uniqueness to the server. Just boring events you see on every other server, that doesn't even fit eras genre. If i said awesome ideas; great stuff, I would be lieing. Era needs much more and has so much more potential then a non creative list of event ideas.
[email protected]

Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 AM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Jer stop being a communist telling me what I like and don't like.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:12 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
untill you get good AI quests are always failure on era its the same thing in every single room with a dif level design and either more or less retarded NPCS.

1. "insert new level get lat to make it pretty"
2. "insert copy pasted scripts of npcs with dif health and looks and gun"
3. "insert 2 second story line"

done in 15 mins can do it again for 24 hours...

all npcs get stuck on eachother and every obstacle

what the point its not even a challenge, yawn...... rather play some competitive events.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Global Administration
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
untill you get good AI quests are always failure on era its the same thing in every single room with a dif level design and either more or less retarded NPCS.

1. "insert new level get lat to make it pretty"
2. "insert copy pasted scripts of npcs with dif health and looks and gun"
3. "insert 2 second story line"

done in 15 mins can do it again for 24 hours...

all npcs get stuck on eachother and every obstacle

what the point its not even a challenge, yawn...... rather play some competitive events.
Era does have new AI? You hardly know anything. But thats besides the point, I said minus a selected few. Let me re-phrase what i said, most ideas i feel are bad for era. There not bad in general, you have some type of personal issue with me thats okay. I don't blame you, your a great GFX Artist. But when it comes to development I have a pretty good grip on things. But only time will tell, the new quest/mission should be out monday/ tuesday the latest.
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 01-24-2015 at 10:18 AM..