Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Post Spotting glitchers.

Lately, we've been having a lot of problems with glitching, especially mine glitchers. Here are just a few ways to know when someone is glitching, and what to do about it. Thanks to Vulcan for stickying this.

1. Sleighs I know they aren't sleds.

This happens most often on accident, so don't go and report someone for glitching if you only see them do it 2 or 3 times. Sometimes when you try to switch weapons while on a sled, you will disconnect from the bike that's pulling you and keep moving, even over barriers. 3rd Picture.

2. Jetpacks

a.The hovering glitch is the main one I see with the jetpack these days. If you see a person just suspended in the air, not moving, with their jetpack equipped, either that person is lagging badly, or abusing this glitch. Unfortunately, any picture of a person in the air using a jetpack makes he or she look like the glitch is being abused, so photo evidence doesn't help at all.

b. On Guild Wars, if you see a player continuously exploding near the edge of the water while on a bike with their jetpack equipped, guess what? Glitch abuse.

3. Tents

In the tents in some of the maps, you may notice people in the black area around the actual room. They are tent glitchers, and this is also not tolerated. Refer to the second picture.

4. Grenade Launcher

If you see someone fire a grenade launcher and see the grenade explode instantly (as soon as it stops moving), he or she is abusing the grenade launcher glitch.

5. Standing on Water (Gwars only) And yes... I actually have seen it called the "Jesus glitch."

If you notice someone stand on the water on Guild Wars without blowing up, he or she is also abusing a glitch.

6. Ice Cannon
With the Ice Cannon, players will sometimes either shoot what seems to be an unlimited amount of shots or a small burst of shots. Before reporting anyone for this, please make sure that the person isn't just lagging.

Semi-God Mode

Simply, a player will be able to get into a map without being able to hurt people or be hurt.

My personal policy for this is to just kick the person after letting them know why I'm going to.

Miscellaneous
  • To take a Screen Shot on a Windows OS, either hit Alt+2, or press PrintScreen, and paste (Control V) it into a paint program, such as Microsoft Paint, which all Windows PCs come with.
  • Do not report glitchers on these parts of the forums. Send in a support ticket, or your thread/posts will simply be deleted.
  • If you see someone glitching, confront that person about it. If he or she continues to abuse the glitch, report him or her to an ET and send in a support ticket, if possible.
  • Ask friends to keep an eye on someone whom you confronted, to make sure that that person doesn't continue to abuse glitches.
  • The current ETs and Zone police members you can contact are listed in the Updated Zone Staff List thread in this same forum.
  • Try to avoid glitching to end glitching. The more people see a glitch, the more they will try to abuse it. In general, avoid taking any measures beyond contacting an ET and taking a screenshot.
  • Always make sure that the glitch is being abused, and not being used accidentally, as it will just cause confusion and give a negative impression to new players.

I'm not sure if I posted about editing images yet, but regardless, if you see someone walking through boxes/other NPCs, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GRAALWOOT-banned.GIF
Views:	914
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	39089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Q-tentglitch.GIF
Views:	891
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	39090   Click image for larger version

Name:	sn-sleighglitch.png
Views:	923
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	39092  

Last edited by pooper200000; 06-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Updates.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:36 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Amazing idea, got the point across without giving away how the Glitch is actually done. I agree this should be sticky'd.

Current ET's you can tell are myself, Gerami and Huwajux. The three of us will deal with the glitchers (An addition to Cors post).
Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 AM
hi
And on SN's note, please don't post unnecessarily here.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
hi
It'd work a lot better if you forum pm'd me instead of posting here... if a mod comes along, please delete these posts... (not this one, so people will know to forum pm me, you know?)
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM
hi
Vulcan and Gambet are also members of the Events Team, and I'm pretty sure both can disconnect people. You can report people to either of them, but preferably in-game.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
hi
Also for sleighs, you might sometimes see people moving on their own (without a bike pulling them). Unfortunately, this is oftentimes accidentally done, so try to warn players about it, but don't go reporting everyone you see doing it.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned
invaderzim66889 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesomewhere View Post
4. Tents

In the tents in some of the maps, you may notice people in the black area around the actual room. They are tent glitchers, and this is also not tolerated. Refer to the second picture.
This happens sometimes from lag or just on accident too. It happened to me once and everyone was like, "OMGZ A GLITCHER!!" But I just walked into the tent once.

Just pointing that out.
Love it.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:17 AM
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim66889 View Post
This happens sometimes from lag or just on accident too. It happened to me once and everyone was like, "OMGZ A GLITCHER!!" But I just walked into the tent once.

Just pointing that out.
But your lag is pretty ridiculous, though I do see your point.

To be more specific, people who abuse the ability to shoot people from that area are what I'm aiming at here. If you stay there and keep killing people, rather than unsticking, then it becomes a problem.

Also, please don't pm me glitches unless they're harmful to other players... like "omg he got biek in dropsihp HE R GLICTHRE BNA HIMM"
Old 01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonesomewhere;1258931
[B
3. Jetpacks[/B]

b. On Guild Wars, if you see a player continuously exploding near the edge of the water while on a bike with their jetpack equipped, guess what? Glitch abuse.
Dont take that away! Its my favourite! I still use it on the unknowing noob every now and again, its just harmless fun :P

Well anyway i thought id tell u that its possible to do it with a Mech too not just a bike, i wud just avoid the water completly if i was u.

Last edited by Huwajux; 02-01-2007 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Removed how the glitch is done.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:54 AM
quitted an addiction
Davidd is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know if this glitch is a threat cause ive only seen it once wasint quick anuf to get it but it must be VERY RARE to happen but there was a player that was stuck on classic mode(as in white sword and noob look you know what i mean) and killed me D: and my shots did nothing i was like WTf then i relaize what happen but i was to late to take picture D:
Old 01-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Exiled to the Forums
quintin1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
>.< im framed.
though i have been glitched in there before on accident. i was walking in but someone was in the door way, my comp spazzed out, almost had a siezure from the flashing lights, and ended up in there.
that was probally my clone SmellyEggs1
second picture
Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin1992 View Post
>.< im framed.
though i have been glitched in there before on accident. i was walking in but someone was in the door way, my comp spazzed out, almost had a siezure from the flashing lights, and ended up in there.
that was probally my clone SmellyEggs1
second picture
I find the defendant NOT GUILTY!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
~Darkness
Triple_Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
I find the defendant NOT GUILTY!
Hold it right there! he could be saying that to be Not Guilty! when he really is GUILTY please countine the case
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_Darkness View Post
Lolzor's at that the last few post will be deleted anyway (maybe)
And tripple, don't reply to this saying something dumb... Please...

It doesn't matter if the post is going to be deleted. Regardless Cor said for no one to post here. He also said somewhere in his posts that the forums arn't a valid place to post glitchers, meaning its not a place to discuss glitch abusers either (I believe thats what Quinton was talking about, to be honest I couldn't understand him...).

This thread should be closed, and many posts deleted.
If you have a glitcher to report, use the Support Center, http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/. Or forum PM myself, Huwajux, Gerami, but preferably Vulcan, Stefan or Gambet.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:10 AM
hi
I'm damned well sure that you people are stupid now.

I'm requesting this thread closed, seeing as none of you can comply with even the simplest of requests.
Closed Thread