Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
People complain because Graal was so much better years ago. I don't know if you played back then, judging by your forum join date (which actually proves nothing) you probably didn't.
Yeah, it proves nothing. I've been playing since Graal was free, However, there were more servers back then. UN, Clasic, N-pulse, etc.

Quote:

A few year's ago, there was almost always over 50 players on each server, Classic used to get around 300 max. The user base did decline, and as much as people say it is growing now, it will never be like it was and this is why people complain.
Is it so bad that there are now hundreds on other severs? Just not the one you're playing apparently. Playercount doesn't always equate to fun
Quote:

In making a server it will have to be pretty spectacular for it to stand out these days. With the amount of playerworlds running at the moment and the decline in good developers, this is not likely unless you've got a good set of talented friends to help you out.
Hard work always pays of
Quote:

By making a playerworld and recruiting a few people to play makes Graal better? Why do the players, the one's pay to play the game, need to be the one's who make the game better when Graal is doing no favours for itself?

People are not going to come to a new game with the intention of helping it, they come to play and enjoy playing the game.
Main reason, there aren't enough people doing developement for graal. Sure, they have their own playerworlds, but I mean actually improving Graal's software, etc. Stefan's doing a good job, but he's only one guy, give him some slack. You can't just snap your fingers and make Graal 3D, or V4, or an offline editor that supports gs2
I'm willing to wait, and improve what I can for now, my playerworld.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:05 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Wait...it's the PLAYERS fault that 2k2 is never updates?

Could you clear up the logic on that for me? Why is it the players fault that they're not making content for the server that the game actually uses for revenue...isn't that why we're paying them to play it?

Someone certainly seems to be confusing a run-for-profit business with some kind of collaborative community volunteerism. While Graal has a few aspects of the latter, it is still most asuredly the former.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime

Could you clear up the logic on that for me? Why is it the players fault that they're not making content for the server that the game actually uses for revenue...isn't that why we're paying them to play it?

Someone certainly seems to be confusing a run-for-profit business with some kind of collaborative community volunteerism. While Graal has a few aspects of the latter, it is still most asuredly the former.
Well, you can contribute to any server, and have an active part in it. You seem to think Graal isn't making a profit allowing players to have control over their game
But yeah, developement isn't for everyone, I see what you're saying there. But you still can make suggestions. If they don't use your ideas, then they may not be popular enough, or they may be hard to implement.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:11 AM
TedHead2k is on a distinguished road
excalibur, all the benefits of being able to develop stuff on Graal are true and I once agreed with you, but then I decided that making a big, decent game would be impossible by myself or would take a really long time.

Now I, and many others, are looking at this in a player's position. I'm P2P, paying to play. And the problem is, there is too much develop and not enough play.

The ideal situation would be to have all the playerworlds as they are now, but have at LEAST one good playerworld with quests and actual game elements. And it was like that once. Graal The Adventure had so much time and effort put into it over the years, that I could spend several hours going through the quests, world, and actual gaming elements, while still going to other worlds to check out what was new in development.

But now classic is dead and the server browser is a barren wasteland of projects in development that will most likely never reach completion.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
dont offend p2p brad, sup brad
sup

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I think a big part of it is that people who used to develop for Graal previously did so because it was a community effort. Now Graal charges people to develop and to play, and those people who previously developed have mostly found better things to do (things they don't only have to pay to do, but get paid TO do) with their time, efforts, and talents.
It went p2p more than 5 years ago. I know from the 'old developers' that they understand that we must make money in some ways. There are sometimes discussions about how the trial mode should work, but we also plan to change things for that.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_night
Clint eastwood didn't become a sharp shooter complaining that the guns he had wern't what he wanted, so make these changes you want to happen happen.
Clint Eastwood didn't make his own guns, did he? O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_night
and our computer was like a 94,
I lol'd.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It went p2p more than 5 years ago. I know from the 'old developers' that they understand that we must make money in some ways. There are sometimes discussions about how the trial mode should work, but we also plan to change things for that.
Yeah, the 'old developers' understand, but that doesn't mean that they're still willing to volunteer their time, ability, and funding to this business. The current lack of developers proves this.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 PM
The Shellbullet
Tails_night is on a distinguished road
Yes like ted said, most projects look like they'd never be completed, and honestly thats true, which is why I think many people should at least put some effort into helping tie these loose ends, take on GK for instance, everyones confused and stuff on what fairies, angels, goblins etc. types were, well they WERE supposed to be sumthing, but, as Shaun said either the developers don't have time to complete these, lost interest, or basically they just stopped.

Then like what some people have said or sort of implied, one man can't really do everything. So, I'm just hoping that instead of some people sitting around waiting for something or complaining that it hasn't happen, some of these or other people will all strive together to help make them happen, thats really all I'm trying to say here.

P.S. ApothiX, Eastwood didn't make his own guns, he made sure they had the right gun.

favorite quote, Alan Steele"Posting in the forums is like cutting your hand and shoving it in a tank full of sharks" XD nice ring, humor, and truth to it
Old 05-27-2006, 01:16 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... THE REASON GRAAL IS FAILING! (insert cheering here)

The problem is that Cyberjourers has their cake (p2p) and wants to eat it too (not work on graal, freeloading on other people's content.)

Can't have it both ways.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Banned
Yes, Cyberjouers should probably hire more programmers, and maybe someone with a business degree. (Come to me in 4 years, I should meet both of these ) We need some more people to help Graal grow faster, Stefan can't do everything in an instant. And Graal is definatly better off with p2p
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 AM
TedHead2k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Yes, Cyberjouers should probably hire more programmers, and maybe someone with a business degree. (Come to me in 4 years, I should meet both of these ) We need some more people to help Graal grow faster, Stefan can't do everything in an instant. And Graal is definatly better off with p2p
But to get more people, they need more money, which would require Graal to be fun. It's an endless loop.