Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Don't mean to rattle your project or anything. From what I've already seen you and your team are doing a fantastic job, but there's obviously a small issue with using GraalOnlines content. You can become familiar with the rules here. (Look at line eight of the "Files and Content" paragraph)

If you're going to start developing this offline away from Graal, then you'll really have to go from scratch, and that's something you're not doing. Just pointing that out because if it gets to a stage were it's playable and ready for you to do whatever with, you will most likely run into this.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
It's not like Graal can afford to sue them. But yeah your right. It could be an issue. But I wouldn't really worry about it
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
We are not really worrying about it.
Graal is a great Platform. But its sad that Stefan and co is not supporting Servers with great potential. They all care about Iphone now. I stopped the Project on Graal because of this lack of support. And because of some other things..

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
They aren't using any assets from Graal. Stefan's already stated on the forums that any content uploaded to non-listed servers is free to go anywhere it wants. It was mainly to make sure that a server like Era, which is already on Classic and has exposure, couldn't branch off on it's own whenever it felt like.

I'd also like to point out that should the original artist have not uploaded their own graphics/agreed to that license, and this is true in Elk's case, that the artist's graphics obviously still belong to him.

Last edited by Hezzy002; 02-08-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 03:17 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I'd also like to point out that you can step back from this agreement when referring to deficiency (poor service) @ GraalOnline theres a lot you can do.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
I'd also like to point out that should the original artist have not uploaded their own graphics/agreed to that license, and this is true in Elk's case, that the artist's graphics obviously still belong to him.
Hate to burst your bubble, but you automatically agree too it upon making your account.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but you automatically agree too it upon making your account.
A Graal Staff created it for me :P...

Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Sorry, considering I'm not very legally savvy, but how does this make a difference?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
You are still responsible for the account.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
You are still responsible for the account.
I suppose at the worst, if what Elk said is true, then he can't be legally accounted for considering he isn't the one who agreed to the terms of service, but yet whoever created the account would be.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
when im lonely i also like to open the graal user agreements and tug away.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
whoooooosh
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The main thing about that post was the fact that Elk never uploaded the graphics himself to Graal in the first place. He just sent the art to others to use and worked on them in his spare time. He still has rights to them. I can't just steal Dusty's art by uploading it to my game after he sends it to me because of a clause in my agreement, I can only steal it if Dusty agrees to and uploads it himself.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
whoooooosh
I heard this sound from miles away...why don't we have a facepalm smiley!? This is an outrage.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Is that part of the agreement actually legally binding? It seems rather sketchy.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Closed Thread