Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Gold Subscription.

I have Gold Subscription and Developer Gold, how does this work together? Will I still be charged Gelats to play on under construction playerworlds even though I have 1 year developer gold?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:51 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
I have Gold Subscription and Developer Gold, how does this work together? Will I still be charged Gelats to play on under construction playerworlds even though I have 1 year developer gold?
A gold subscription gives you access to everything.

Developer gold allows you to rent your own server.

When your gold runs out (and you are left with developer gold), you will only have access to your server (and any classic ones if you had lifetime classic).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I have dev gold, and I can access any UC server without trial restrictions. But, on any UC server that isn't my own, my upgrade status is listed as trial.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Redwiz will become famous soon enough
i have a gold subscription but on kingdoms its treating it like a trial account, not allowing me to get on ships or send pms to anyone until i wait a minute
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I have dev gold, and I can access any UC server without trial restrictions. But, on any UC server that isn't my own, my upgrade status is listed as trial.
Merh, honestly, I think developer gold should count as gold+ not gold-. I mean, if I am paying for server hosting, that's gold status plus, it should be treated as equal or greater to the same amount of months of regular gold status. I mean, a regular player with a 24 month package pays, what? 64 Euros, I paid 79 euros for dev gold for 12 months... You do the math. I have essentially paid twice as much as the next person to play (and develop) Graal.

On a side note, while on the topic of trials, this observer mode idea is crap. Honestly a trial should be just that, a 14 or 28 day free trial, unrestricted, and once it's over, it's over. Upgrade, or go away. Graal is only hurting it's chances of improving memberships by offering observer mode, because the people USING observer mode are 10 year olds who can't convince mommy to foot the bill and thus have no real intention of ever paying anyway. Also, the observer mode only allowing trials 5 hours of play is not enticing.. at all...

Think about it, let them play unrestricted for 14 days, and let them get hooked, then cut them off completely. If they were legitimately hooked, they will likely front the $31 (24 euros) to keep playing for another 8 months.

But you say, oh no, then 10 year olds will just make new accounts every 14 days. Solution! Require credit card info to register for a trial account, and if at the end of the trial, they have not canceled the trial, they are automatically charged the $31 (24 euro) to continue play for 8 months.

I mean, honestly, this is how the REST of the gaming world is running things..
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Redwiz will become famous soon enough
a lot of people wont register if it requires credit card info first
Old 04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwiz View Post
Definitely agreed.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
If by alot of people you mean alot of 10 year olds with no money to begin with, then this is true.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
If by alot of people you mean alot of 10 year olds with no money to begin with, then this is true.
You'd also be missing people like myself. I played Graal as a trial for at least a year before finally upgrading (took a while to convince parents).

Plus, people won't trust giving their information when they aren't paying for something.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it was like this from the beginning on, Graal would have 3 Players now.

Stefan, Unixmad and Bell.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragman85 View Post
If it was like this from the beginning on, Graal would have 3 Players now.

Stefan, Unixmad and Bell.
I beg to differ, if it had required a credit card first, I wouldn't of been here either.

I don't think trials should save for an unlimited time though. While several methods of trials have been tried in the past. This particular version seems to have too many problems.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I beg to differ, if it had required a credit card first, I wouldn't of been here either.

I don't think trials should save for an unlimited time though. While several methods of trials have been tried in the past. This particular version seems to have too many problems.
Ultimately, the problem is that many things weren't thought through very well on the business end of things for Graal. Then again, nobody has desired to hear practical and viable solutions on the matter.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:41 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You'd also be missing people like myself. I played Graal as a trial for at least a year before finally upgrading (took a while to convince parents).

Plus, people won't trust giving their information when they aren't paying for something.
Most MMOs with a free trial month require credit card info to register, and auto-charge you if you haven't canceled by the end of the trial period. It's common practice...
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post

Who is this Bell person? New account of someone? I started playing in 2000 and since my recent return is the first time I have heard of this person.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned
Aura is an unknown quantity at this point
Classic player
Bell Darkmane (Ventrue)