Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
In a naughty place.
touch_me is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to touch_me
Hi, Im Puggy

Hey guys some of you (not many) know me from my account Antimatter. I'm making this thread to kind of introduce myself into the whole development circle. So i thought i would display some of my doodles here for you guys to look at. I know some of them aren't much to look at but I'm still dabbling with color schemes and detailing to refine my style.

and you guys can hate on my skinny little cross staff there, i made it back when i was still pretty much recoloring heads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynasty_newaxe.png
Views:	118
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	47911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Niromia2_cross-staff.gif
Views:	104
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	47916  
Attached Images

Last edited by touch_me; 03-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: adding another image
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I think most of this looks quite nice, the shapes and dimensions of everything is perfect.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Neat.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
i love the first one. awesome.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
In a naughty place.
Hey thanks guys but anything that turned out to have "perfect dimensions" was more then likely just luck, because god knows i have no plan when i start drawing most of this stuff. Anyways i thought i would dump a few guns and icons on you guys. I'm probably going to use the guns for something eventually but the icons are up for grabs. Originally i made them for staff icons on one of my old servers.

The gray and black gun was my first attempt at a gun and it was supposed to be some sort of paint ball gun needless to say it could be better xP and i have been experimenting with other gun angles just to see if looks cool or if it makes ganis and game play smoother. I also based my down views off of how Aeko made his guns on his server, because im tired of guns being flat and twice the size of players.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Why is the ak47's top perspective like that?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Cool stuff.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
great to see you here

Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_me View Post
Hey thanks guys but anything that turned out to have "perfect dimensions" was more then likely just luck, because god knows i have no plan when i start drawing most of this stuff. Anyways i thought i would dump a few guns and icons on you guys. I'm probably going to use the guns for something eventually but the icons are up for grabs. Originally i made them for staff icons on one of my old servers.

The gray and black gun was my first attempt at a gun and it was supposed to be some sort of paint ball gun needless to say it could be better xP and i have been experimenting with other gun angles just to see if looks cool or if it makes ganis and game play smoother. I also based my down views off of how Aeko made his guns on his server, because im tired of guns being flat and twice the size of players.
Woot! I'm mentioned <3.

I remember Antimatter though, didn't I hire you once, somewhere? o.o

also, out of all of them, I like the keyblade/axe and the ump :3
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about

that one looks familiar to me.
you applied for GAT on aeon?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
Gasp!!!
Isometric views with redrawn frames!
*applause* If something like that is done I just expect a direct top down view rotated around. Maybe I'm stepping my bounds, I don't usually pay much attention to the gun sprites at all so maybe my expectations aren't very well founded.

In any case nice work on that shotgun. It a bit..ah..gigantic though.
The shading could use some work on the up/down views. Try making the entire left side of it the lighter color you have in there, instead of adding as many colors as you do and leaving the light shade to only a few scattered pixels. It's also really tough to see the transition from the end of the barrel to the top, the lighter color on top would show it off better and give more distinction to the form.

With the top set...
That shark is fun
Do you plan on doing anything more with the bunny? Animation? Eh? Eh? You should totally animate it

I think I like the wreath the best. It could maybe use a little work on the bow, though. Maybe you could make the underside of the bow a little darker? It could use a little extra contrast, but not so much as to separate it's style from the rest of the piece.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 PM
In a naughty place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post

that one looks familiar to me.
you applied for GAT on aeon?
Yes Sir, i applied on Aeon because i wanted some practice drawing guns. Because i used to sell guns at shop called Reids Sporting Goods i have all of these ideas and until now i had no outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarid0 View Post
That shark is fun
Do you plan on doing anything more with the bunny? Animation? Eh? Eh? You should totally animate it

I think I like the wreath the best. It could maybe use a little work on the bow, though. Maybe you could make the underside of the bow a little darker? It could use a little extra contrast, but not so much as to separate it's style from the rest of the piece.
Yeah i know what you mean about my wreath, I still find myself using either edges that are to light or edges that are entirely the wrong color. But moving on since then i have drawn some fun things that are a little better (see image of book below).
And there is a funny story about Mr. Bunny. i was looking through my computer and i found an old Endora graphic, so i decided to see what i could do with it and thus Mr. Bunny was spawned. And i have tryed to animate him but all of my attempts at a front and or back view have ended with me getting my but kicked by the pixels that i cant seem to generate. So if anyone wants to take a crack at it feel free.

And i know my little book image isn't finished, and yes the thing in the top right is a magnifying glass that i worked on for 30 seconds.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	superroflbook.png
Views:	70
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	47955   Click image for larger version

Name:	dynasty_bunny.png
Views:	69
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	47956   Click image for larger version

Name:	dynasty_bunny2.png
Views:	63
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	47957  
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
trouble with the rabbit...? Could you post what you -did- turn up with?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
In a naughty place.
Here you are sir, the one i colored in has silly colors
i know i had more but i think after i drew them i cried for an hour and then deleted them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dynasty_bunny12.png
Views:	60
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	47959   Click image for larger version

Name:	testbunny2.png
Views:	66
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	47960  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Redwiz will become famous soon enough
Hello, i do like these, though there is some dire need of anti aliasing needed!