Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
alfonso for manager!
I love you

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 02-22-2015, 02:07 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
alf can't you see we're being mad here? there no place for love on era
Old 02-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
*Alf *There *is (between There and no) *Era *.

You are very much welcomed.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
This is why I don't bother to give ideas away, they're used but executed poorly.
The adage, "If you want it done right, do it yourself," applies here.

If you don't like how someone else implements your ideas, you should learn the dev skills necessary to implement them yourself.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:55 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Allow us to see every kill and death from the beginning of time.
there is a reset but can we undo the reset?
Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
I love you
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
Allow us to see every kill and death from the beginning of time.
there is a reset but can we undo the reset?
Reset the reset!

And I 100% can confirm we don't have kill logs from the beginning of Era (or time). Honestly I think the best you can do is 6 months.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Basics? 1 Gang Base. All health equal. A standard speed which isn't too fast (0.6) can be increased if you go to gym (0.7) and if you run for 20 minutes you get a months worth of speed boost. Hide deaths - they're not needed. Who gives a crap?
Have fun auctions, release rare guns that can only be obtained by auctions or killing in gang bases. If you kill 10000 players inside a base, you can get this gun which costs $30,000

The CS aspect would be fun- as suggested create parties. Then have those parties be able to set up events between other gangs (i.e. gang A challenges gang B to Capture The Flag) which isn't required by a gang admin. Same principle as above- kill 10000 players inside Capture The Flag and get this gun for $30, 000.

Either suggestion - add achievements. Even silly ones (When a girl kills 10 girls she will say "I'm prettier than you."). Add a pk scoreboard with a reward each day, even if the top 10% get 100g, it's better than nothing.
Look at the tenure - clearly people are not liking the current state.
I have agreed with some of these ideas before and suggested we do them, even told Rogue (who had a similar idea) that we should move forward with it.
I see no problem with some quicker fixes to make things fun:
1) Remove deaths - Not necessary anyways
2) We have a system we've been creating that just got finished that allows Gang A to challenge Gang B to fight, just need to fine-tune it, test it, and release it properly.
3) We have achievements, albeit they seem useless, but the system is there and we can change it to suit our needs.

Long Run:
1) Create this "load-out" system, where people can chose a class, which will come pre-loaded with specific items.
2) Revamp the current PKing system, no more all "Attack and defend" bases, but add simple games that people can play on their own, no ET/ETA needed for them.
3) Still have ETA/ET's for other games that can be hosted, ones that either simply can't be automated, or just aren't worth automating.

I'll write up an outline, and I think it's just about time that we get away from the basics, stop trying to fix things that clearly won't work, and go in a totally new direction.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:50 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
we need a gold sink..

no way people should have over 15million in the bank
Old 02-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Golden sinks? I could buy some of those for my house.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:34 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
golden sink worth 15mil
Old 02-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
Quote:
we need a gold sink..

I would love to. It seems anytime we remove money, there's more to be had. Those that have that much in the bank are reluctant to spend any/most of it because they love this "I have more than you" swagger.

Any ideas you have on ways to sink massive money out of the economy, please feel free to PM me in game, here, or post it on the forums, I'm always open to suggestions. No, more auctions is not an idea I'll take, as we can always do more but it won't ever remove enough.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
we need a gold sink..

People can have whatever they want in their banks. If they earn it then what's the problem? I bet if you had 15 million in the bank you wouldn't of made this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
I would love to. It seems anytime we remove money, there's more to be had. Those that have that much in the bank are reluctant to spend any/most of it because they love this "I have more than you" swagger.

Any ideas you have on ways to sink massive money out of the economy, please feel free to PM me in game, here, or post it on the forums, I'm always open to suggestions. No, more auctions is not an idea I'll take, as we can always do more but it won't ever remove enough.
Removing money from the economy does what exactly? What does it achieve? It doesn't matter if you 2 billion in the economy. People already have all the top tier weapons/items. That boat has long sailed. What is the "right" economy for era? Nobody knows. Should it be less or more? What is the right balance?

No point trying to sink money when you know without removing the problem of money being pumped into the server resolved first. And it's simple, it's gang points. $150 a gang point + whatever it is you're getting for a kill. I'd say $250 for every kill. There is your big problem.

Sinking loads of money is a temp fix not a perm fix and you need to ask yourself is it really fixing anything?

Sink loads of money.. Less money for people to get when trading items. Cuts down on the trading market. You guys will struggle to sell things for high prices at auction/newly released shops. It kinda makes the server boring, less flipping everything takes a cutt. Remove the money you get from gang points and you upset and give people an even bigger reason not to raid not that they even raid nowadays anyways.

I honestly wouldn't worry about fixing the economy anymore. Focus on entertaining the players, give them a reason to keep logging in not worry about who has enough money.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
I honestly wouldn't worry about fixing the economy anymore. Focus on entertaining the players, give them a reason to keep logging in not worry about who has enough money.
That's kind of where I've been for months now, hence why I boosted all ways players can make money. I see no harm at this point, just want to make the game playable and fun for all.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
making money easier to obtain is a good thing
Old 02-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Really need some sort of changes soon to spark some life back into the server. The place is totally dead.