Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Login server error box

Currently when you are unable to connect to the login server, after the "Cannot connect to the login server", the client just sits with a black screen.

Perhaps the client could close after this dialog box?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Currently when you are unable to connect to the login server, after the "Cannot connect to the login server", the client just sits with a black screen.

Somehow the message that the client is connecting to the loginserver never disappeares. I don't even get a message that it can't connect.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
Somehow the message that the client is connecting to the loginserver never disappeares. I don't even get a message that it can't connect.
There are a lot of things that don't work for Windows XP, because apparently they never thought to test v5 on XP before releasing. ._.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post

How about it asks if you want to connect to the last known server you were on when there is no login server available. Would atleast let players do something instead of some single player game all day long.

Or even better yet, instead of just the start button on the login screen, have a button for last server you played... Still don't see whats all the fuss about this silly login server.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
How about it asks if you want to connect to the last known server you were on when there is no login server available. Would atleast let players do something instead of some single player game all day long.

Or even better yet, instead of just the start button on the login screen, have a button for last server you played... Still don't see whats all the fuss about this silly login server.
The playerlist, serverlist, Scripted RC, and several other scripts are added to you while you are on the login server, and with the new version, actually logging in is being handled by the login server scripting too.

I don't really see any point in being forced to play on the last server you played on as a trial user.