Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Memory Leak

Hello, here are my computer's stats:

Windows 2000 Proffesional
654,880 KB RAM
Xpert 99/Xpert 2000 GFX Driver

Everytime Graal Kingdoms is ran there is an extremely bad memory leak until the computer is restarted. If anybody knows any solution to this problem, it would be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Re: Memory Leak

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun
Hello, here are my computer's stats:

Windows 2000 Proffesional
654,880 KB RAM
Xpert 99/Xpert 2000 GFX Driver

Everytime Graal Kingdoms is ran there is an extremely bad memory leak until the computer is restarted. If anybody knows any solution to this problem, it would be appreciated.
Someone will have to back me up on this... but I believe that your computer cant handle the differnt ram cards.

For example. Some computers work better if they have two 256s instead of one 256 and two 128s.

But dont do anything unless someone else comes on here and says 'I think Zurk is right'. I could be wrong because I'm just fowarding what happened to my previous computer.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Re: Re: Memory Leak

Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Someone will have to back me up on this... but I believe that your computer cant handle the differnt ram cards.

For example. Some computers work better if they have two 256s instead of one 256 and two 128s.

But dont do anything unless someone else comes on here and says 'I think Zurk is right'. I could be wrong because I'm just fowarding what happened to my previous computer.
I'm not going to get new ram just for Graal Kindgoms anyways. Thanks though. I don't know how my ram is setup. I got the ram info from my computer, which (in my opinion) would indicate that the computer is handling it/them.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:09 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Re: Re: Re: Memory Leak

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun

I'm not going to get new ram just for Graal Kindgoms anyways.
I'd sell my soul to Kaimetsu for a lifetime membership of Graal Kingdoms and insurance that my computer will always be able to run it smoothly (having it upgraded as needed as part of this exchangement). What do you say, Kai? You seem like the person most likely to be interested in something like this. BTW, is it against the rules to do that, like it's against the rules to pay someone plat (or an in-game item) to do it?
Old 08-12-2003, 05:38 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Re: Memory Leak

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
I'd sell my soul to Kaimetsu for a lifetime membership of Graal Kingdoms and insurance that my computer will always be able to run it smoothly (having it upgraded as needed as part of this exchangement). What do you say, Kai?
Souls aren't the hot property they used to be, unfortunately. In the olden days they were used to bribe god, but now he pretty much just sends a 'natural' disaster at some devout Christians whenever he's feeling hungry.

Anyway.

If you're suffering from a memory leak then your hardware is irrelevant. It would just imply that Graal has an internal problem where it forgets to clean up memory usage. Is this with V3?
Old 08-12-2003, 07:12 AM
No, V3 is very laggy for me. I use the most updated Graal version besides V3 though.

And if you were going to quote me you could have corrected my spelling, the bold made me see it. I guess I should start proofreading my posts again.