FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
build me a gambetz mansion
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'll probably start working on the tutorial next. That sounds like something interesting to do.
no..make a gang hat shop!!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I have no interests in hats...
Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
There's no point of changing the hospital, what would that do?
Here's how I see it: Its worked, its working, and will work.
Everything else is a matter of preference/perspective, and its dumb to build things based on preference rather than purpose.
Want something to work on?
Focus on adding new event levels or updating old ones.
By that, I mean events like Tactical Skirmish who still use tile/level-styling from old era, update them.
Furthermore, events such as these could use new levels for different rounds and etc.
Ex.
CTF (New Levels) - both Sales' and original,
Battle Royale,
TTPK or whatever Era calls it,
PK Tag,
etc etc.
That's much more useful than a change in Hospital (o.O).
Its like KoHo said, die less and you won't have to worry about the hospital's conventional look.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Hospital should have two exits.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Hospital should have two exits.
explosives r pretty much useless now so this rly isnt an issue
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Era Manager
Some people still like to stand infront of the hosp shooting everyone that comes out.. So instead of having to go to unstick me, we could just have another exit.. Let's say a entrance/exit for the emergency's.. You could go in/out there, or at the main entrance.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Some people still like to stand infront of the hosp shooting everyone that comes out.. So instead of having to go to unstick me, we could just have another exit.. Let's say a entrance/exit for the emergency's.. You could go in/out there, or at the main entrance.
The hospital has a lift to go from level to level right? Why not add the sewer exit to the lift? That would solve that problem.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Focus on adding new event levels or updating old ones
Actually I've already made a new CTF gmap, it's ready for main Era. I've also updated TTS (Tag Team Spar), the arena is bigger and supports changing the arena style and gang events, also ready for main Era. I added the Upgrade event to Era (I didn't do much but add ET commands), but from what I'm told there's still a lag issue (I have no idea cause I lag everywhere).

And back to the hospital, I still think it should be changed and I plan on changing it. Mostly cause it's an old level that's been in need of an update for a long time. In my opinion it doesn't matter if it doesn't need done, it should be done.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Era Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
The hospital has a lift to go from level to level right? Why not add the sewer exit to the lift? That would solve that problem.
Also works
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Era since 2005
id be one of the ppl laming the 2 exits just because an extra exit was added to avoid laming

and larger arena for tts? r u serious?? arenas to spar in r already big enough rofl, ask urself y no1 uses medium or large spars
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
id be one of the ppl laming the 2 exits just because an extra exit was added to avoid laming

and larger arena for tts? r u serious?? arenas to spar in r already big enough rofl, ask urself y no1 uses medium or large spars
agreed

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Actually I've already made a new CTF gmap, it's ready for main Era. I've also updated TTS (Tag Team Spar), the arena is bigger and supports changing the arena style and gang events, also ready for main Era. I added the Upgrade event to Era (I didn't do much but add ET commands), but from what I'm told there's still a lag issue (I have no idea cause I lag everywhere).

And back to the hospital, I still think it should be changed and I plan on changing it. Mostly cause it's an old level that's been in need of an update for a long time. In my opinion it doesn't matter if it doesn't need done, it should be done.
Difficult to say "good work" when the results of your work haven't been experience by anyone. Yet, updates and changes are two different things.
Updates are improvements.
Changes are well.. just changes.
In short, adding an extra exit doesn't solve anything,
Like Tk said, lame both exits... duh?
The hospital is fine, unstick me is the best anti-lame tool available in that area, use it.

Furthermore, an "update" of a level means adjusting it to fit current standards such as larger doors in the case of Tactical Skirmish.
The hospital is up-to-date in all its necessities, all you'd be doing is changing it.. and whether that's good or bad will be argued, constantly.
So save yourself some grief, and don't try to fix what's not broken.

Increasing the size of TT Spar Arena sounds like a change or even a downgrade, rather than upgrade.
Make sure you understand the difference when you proceed with PK levels, they're the trickiest.

Overall,
In a quantitative sense, good work (seeing as the quality is unseen through feedback). Keep it up, and Era might have a chance at a development team compiled of one.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Increasing the size of TT Spar Arena sounds like a change or even a downgrade, rather than upgrade.
Make sure you understand the difference when you proceed with PK levels, they're the trickiest.
I changed the size cause I could easily go in with my PBP and shoot walls of bullets. Hopefully I'll have my new updates added to main Era, not sure when though
Old 11-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
I changed the size cause I could easily go in with my PBP and shoot walls of bullets. Hopefully I'll have my new updates added to main Era, not sure when though
As I recalled, the size was way too big, lol. Shotguns really didn't do much, unless you were someone who couldn't spar.

Therefore, it all still sounds unneeded.