Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I believe it's because when you upload something to your server you claim that you made it and all it's contents. When you stream you didn't upload it to your server so you're not claiming it as your own.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
But the condition that you stream is that its done for non-commercial (mostly private) purposes. Streamed music on graal = commercial purposes. And even so either way you cannot edit the stream (Atrius club level loop).
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
But the condition that you stream is that its done for non-commercial (mostly private) purposes. Streamed music on graal = commercial purposes. And even so either way you cannot edit the stream (Atrius club level loop).
That only matters if the site you're streaming it from has a policy against commercial uses. When you stream it, you're assuming and trusting that the site legally owns the media and is allowing you to use it for your own means.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
The only thing that matters is that if you stream the audio, graal can't be held liable. That's really where their care ends as far as audio goes. It's behind the curtain at that point.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That only matters if the site you're streaming it from has a policy against commercial uses. When you stream it, you're assuming and trusting that the site legally owns the media and is allowing you to use it for your own means.
Show me a site that has a policy for commercial use. more or less non existant bar maybe one or two crap sites.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Quote:
Show me a site that has a policy for commercial use. more or less non existant bar maybe one or two crap sites.
If a site can figure out that you're streaming their mp3 on Graal, they have every right to contact you and complain... but the likelihood that they will actually be able to find you is very low. And even if they do, you just need to remove the stream and there'll be no problem.

You'll probably only have problems if you run up and go, "I'm streaming from your site! Na na na na na na!"
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
Come on come on
I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black.
My stomach hurts, so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a juggler, he's a hero.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 09-27-2008, 11:48 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
Come on come on
I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black.
My stomach hurts, so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a juggler, he's a hero.
Did I just see a rhyme on the same word?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
If a site can figure out that you're streaming their mp3 on Graal, they have every right to contact you and complain... but the likelihood that they will actually be able to find you is very low. And even if they do, you just need to remove the stream and there'll be no problem.

You'll probably only have problems if you run up and go, "I'm streaming from your site! Na na na na na na!"
I agree with what your saying. Usually theres no way of knowing unless some one tells u that graal is streaming your music. But if graal wants 0 liability then they wont allow streaming without proof of consent.

Can someone from Atruis please tell why they wanted soulja boy being played in the club? an why it was made into such a bad loop?
But really i love you guys over at atrius (kinda atleast)
Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Did I just see a rhyme on the same word?
Myself and pronounce the second one muh-self. Easy loophole.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
If they don't say 'don't do it', then it's not really a problem. That said, the average Graal user isn't using it for commercial purposes. Only if Stefan or someone started doing it would it become a problem.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I dont really know why its like that, it kinda pissed me off when I was in the level making sure it was streaming, because it just kept looping over and over and over -_- I might change it

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
If they don't say 'don't do it', then it's not really a problem. That said, the average Graal user isn't using it for commercial purposes. Only if Stefan or someone started doing it would it become a problem.
LOL it is a problem, dont you read the internet news. The music biz is sueing everyone violating copyright. The average Graal user IS using it for commercial purposes as long as CJ charges money for access to Graal. If graal is making money while a stream is being used then its commercial. Doesnt matter who is doing it. This attitude of its ok as long as its not noticed should be unacceptable if CJ wants to be not liable. Either way unnoticed or not, its still violating copyright, which no respectable mmo does.

Edit: if you meant its ok to stream as long as they site has no copyright warning then your wrong again. Look at copyright laws.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Streaming isnt stealing, and also thats why you use samples

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
No its not stealing, its a violation of copyright law! Streaming is usually meant for private purposes. Also Its a stupid/popular misconception about samples. Just because you use 20 of crap ass soulja boy doesnt make it legal. The amount of seconds of Soulja boy u can use is 0.

Again i encourage you to look up copyright laws.