Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-18-2016, 07:51 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Well we're getting off topic. My original point of getting rid of Zodiac however still stands. It was already said PC Graal is on life support in a comatose state. I don't see how getting rid of one server would effect it any less.
i dont see how gettin rid of servers is necessary
__________________
  #32  
Old 07-18-2016, 03:24 PM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
This might be coming from the wrong person, but removing Zodiac is not the answer. Until there's another server to take it's place, Zodiac does a much better job at being what it is now than not being at all.

On an unrelated note, shameless promotion!
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #33  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:13 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Well we're getting off topic. My original point of getting rid of Zodiac however still stands. It was already said PC Graal is on life support in a comatose state. I don't see how getting rid of one server would effect it any less.
yeah but we're not off topic because my entire point is that your point is dumb


graal isn't a hot air balloon. you don't need to drop off sandbags to go higher.


we don't even have flying technology.
__________________
pojo
  #34  
Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
o look the server isnt dead anymore
__________________
  #35  
Old 07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Xenoith Xenoith is offline
White Mage
Xenoith's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 56
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Riddle me this then. Why is Zone gone?
Why is N-Pulse gone?
Why is UN gone?
Why is Maloria gone?
Why is Old West/Atlantis gone?

And by gone I mean off the hub page. Not existing to where you have to manually enter the server name to join. If removing servers does so much harm then good, then why are those servers no longer on the hub page/existing?

Also please don't give me the iServer song and dance or that "Mobile Gaming" is the key to go to. When you have games like Everquest which is older than Graal and still retains players easily. PC Graal could be flourishing if those servers didn't vanish up into thin air. I actively played Maloria and when I needed a break from Maloria I went and played Zone. The fact of the matter is there was no reason to actually kill the PC client of Graal.
__________________
  #36  
Old 07-19-2016, 01:12 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Why is Zone gone?
It failed
Quote:
Why is N-Pulse gone?
It sucked
Quote:
Why is UN gone?
All of the above + bad management
Quote:
Why is Maloria gone?
Most of the above
Quote:
Why is Old West/Atlantis gone?
They were never more than 25% finished

Quote:
And by gone I mean off the hub page. Not existing to where you have to manually enter the server name to join. If removing servers does so much harm then good, then why are those servers no longer on the hub page/existing?

I have no idea what you're trying to say. These are servers that stopped existing. They didn't try to disappear, and them disappearing didn't do anything good for them or graal as a whole.
__________________
pojo

Last edited by kia345; 07-19-2016 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: :confused:
  #37  
Old 07-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Riddle me this then. Why is Zone gone?
Why is N-Pulse gone?
Why is UN gone?
Why is Maloria gone?
Why is Old West/Atlantis gone?
zone is gone because it got rebranded and released on idev/fb

un is gone because mystical dragon who the **** knows whats going on there

npulse maloria atlantis were removed when the serverlist was still competitive (hint, its not anymore)

ol west was never there
__________________
  #38  
Old 07-23-2016, 06:01 AM
MysticalDragon MysticalDragon is offline
Global Administration
MysticalDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lynn Ma
Posts: 883
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Delteria was being worked on as a reboot by its own community, slowly but surely.

Then it was gutted and taken over and its assets were cannibalized by a third party - who had previously been kicked off the team for clearly not understanding the direction that Delteria was going in - and what actually happened was that a completely new and unrelated server was released, using the name Delteria. The semi-successful server that you're calling Delteria is not what Delteria was doing, and none of the community is from Delteria. Its "success" could've been achieved with any other name. Maybe recycling Delteria's resources had a hand in its success, but that wouldn't apply to what you're talking about because the only resources that Zodiac has could only possible be used to make the exact same game that Zodiac is now, a tired and played out MMORPG-lite.

Creating a new server with an old name, whether it's Delteria, Maloria, NPulse, or even Zodiac, is pointless. There is no large community just waiting to see that name pop back up. The new Delteria didn't bring in the tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free, it brought in new players who had no idea that that word "Delteria" had ever been typed before.
You can really tell you have no idea what you're talking about. However Yes I was fired from Delteria by going to the Global Administration Team asking for something to be done regarding the lack of staff activity. I was considered a traitor and got canned. Few weeks after that Misconception hired me back saying it was in the "best" interest to rehire me and I have not left the team since. Did delteria really have any sense of direction? It was a beautiful server with 0% script progress. Few years later when Delterias staff team became fully inactive I was allowed to take over delteria with Alex Straviers guidance. He helped stir the ship, while we plowed out Development. Just because It is not the original developers on Delteria doesn't mean it isn't delteria. We went with delteria original plans minus the custom systems. Original Delteria wanted to be like UN, old Graal Style type system. However Alex Stravier agreed and liked the way delteria was heading. Our delteria is the original delteria, you can admit it or not but it's honestly whatever. We did what we did because we enjoyed doing it. Sandz and Zerith was also apart of this new delteria project so in my eyes there is only one Delteria and that was the current delteria you see today we just picked up the pieces and finished it.

Regarding Zodiac, I feel any server can pick up the pieces and move on. A Better example then Delteria is really Graal the Adventure, they did a wonderful job at revamping the server with keeping the core concepts of the server intact. Just because you revamp a server, doesn't mean its a new server with the same old name. Zodiac has some major potential but always lacked in trying to find new help or hire new staff. Zodiac really needs to bring some new people on board if there are truly any left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Riddle me this then. Why is Zone gone?
Why is N-Pulse gone?
Why is UN gone?
Why is Maloria gone?
Why is Old West/Atlantis gone?


zone is gone because it got rebranded and released on idev/fb

un is gone because mystical dragon who the **** knows whats going on there

npulse maloria atlantis were removed when the serverlist was still competitive (hint, its not anymore)

ol west was never there
Zone was gone a lot longer before it for it got rebranded on IOS and Fb maybe 2-3 years or so. The lousy management and the Play 2 win killed it really, Everyone knows why I removed UN Staff (Server is still accessible). Atlantis was removed at Crows request and Maloria was removed for making it staff only while it was still visible on the list.
__________________
~Delteria Support
~Playerworld Support
~PWA Chief
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]



  #39  
Old 07-23-2016, 08:01 AM
ffcmike ffcmike is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,029
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Regarding Zodiac, I feel any server can pick up the pieces and move on. A Better example then Delteria is really Graal the Adventure, they did a wonderful job at revamping the server with keeping the core concepts of the server intact.
Why thank you for the positive name-drop, however there is a humongous white elephant in the room inferred from this statement.
  #40  
Old 07-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Urahara112 Urahara112 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 60
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Redo the server like they did Delteria.
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how incredibly low the success rate of completing a "Reboot" for a server is on Graal?
  #41  
Old 07-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Xenoith Xenoith is offline
White Mage
Xenoith's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 56
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Snippet.
Thank you for responding, what would you propose then, with Zodiac in it's current state of affairs there isn't much hope for it. Would reaching out to other scripters help it? I love the server, but the bias hiring has to go. There are many talented individuals on the server who have offered to help make the server prosper and we even have some submitted weapons players made that got used, and some of them are even weapon skins now. Not sure why Ketsomaru is refusing to hire people and Raven613 is MIA and unresponsive, only popping up to do delegated task he feels like doing.

If anything I think another investigation needs to be launched as to why development came to a grinding halt. Now I will say this much, we were promised about 9 months ago new classes. The developer Ryu made a new class in about half a years time "by himself" . Between Raven, Symmasolan and Ketsomaru. Neither one of them has put out a single class.
__________________
  #42  
Old 07-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
dont need more classes to pile onto the shitshow
__________________
  #43  
Old 07-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Kuzative Kuzative is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
I still fail to understand the idea of shutting down Zodiac. It's at an all-time low playercount but it's still in the top 3 played servers at the moment since PC Graal has a low playercount overall.

But one thing I noticed is almost half of Era's playercount are former Zodiac players...I think if Zodiac wants to get these people back then any future big updates should be done in the login news so these players can see it.

Anyway Zodiac has always had a lack of developers and that can't really be blamed on management because our playerbase isn't really full of people who can do dev for them to hire in the first place.
  #44  
Old 07-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Ceasar Ceasar is offline
Registered User
Ceasar's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 36
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
it is a management issue, delteria has hired a whole lot more developers and it usually had a similar or less playercount so that can't be an excuse.

zodiac was one of the very few servers to be fortunate enough to recieve freelance gfx help from the playerbase, i hardly see anything like this on other servers.

that won't likely happen now that it's completely dead and it will only be fixed by replacing the inactive manager, no offense but jerret only cares about classic.
  #45  
Old 07-28-2016, 11:02 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the theory that the server fell into the community-event feedback loop that ultimately led the player-count to drop off when events could no longer sustain them-self.

If someone wants to take the reigns and lead Zodiac to a prosperous player-count, I'm all for it.

I just don't think that person exists given the circumstances and (unpaid) time investment that would be required to succeed.
__________________
Quote:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.