Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
As far I was aware hosted was not a way at advertising an upcoming server, but a way of advertising very incomplete servers with potential to be good; the goal being that being on hosted would draw the interest of developers to help them actually accomplish something. So if they are treating hosted like they said they would, the servers wouldn't have anything worth playing except a bit of starter content.
How does that make sense AT ALL?

To a player, when they see a new server, they're more then likely going to expect that to be a server that has some form of playable content, not merely an open beta ._.

So basically what you're telling me/us is that hosted servers are just developer carrots on a stick?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
So basically what you're telling me/us is that hosted servers are just developer carrots on a stick?
Yes, that was their intention.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Yes, that was their intention.

trying

Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Free gold for two weeks, let's see how this goes.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned
Cow2001 is a jewel in the roughCow2001 is a jewel in the rough
graal (pc) is a development program more than a game.
why should they give away the biggest feature of the program for free??
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow2001 View Post
graal (pc) is a development program more than a game.
why should they give away the biggest feature of the program for free??
It's advertised as a game, therefore, why bring the development aspect into this?
The fact is that observer mode interferes with the immersion process of playing the game, it wouldn't even matter if it was primarily a development program, albeit an outdated program.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned
Cow2001 is a jewel in the roughCow2001 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It's advertised as a game, therefore, why bring the development aspect into this?
The fact is that observer mode interferes with the immersion process of playing the game, it wouldn't even matter if it was primarily a development program, albeit an outdated program.
look at the main website
under 'Graal Playerworlds' (the section we're talking about) it says: "CREATE YOUR OWN GAME'.
i think Graal is marketed more for developers than players in recent years
Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Classic Developer
VeryVeryScaryBerry1 will become famous soon enough
Did you get a new kitty?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow2001 View Post
look at the main website
under 'Graal Playerworlds' (the section we're talking about) it says: "CREATE YOUR OWN GAME'.
i think Graal is marketed more for developers than players in recent years
Point made, but let's revisit something said earlier, why give its biggest feature for free as you said, how about why is it that we have to pay for the right to develop and then have stefan/unixmad be allowed to take our work without proper commission or compensation? If we are as advertised to make our own world, why must it be so to stefan/unixmad's very strict designs? What If my world doesn't have an observer mode, but the fun of the game is the freedom of the game for everyone who plays and is given equal opportunity to buy what they wish without having to hold back, why is it that my world has to be controlled so heavily?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
why is it that my world has to be controlled so heavily?
If you were able to have both creative freedom and an effective pricing scheme, less decent developers would be willing to contribute work to the golden goose servers, where many have stated a dislike for the lack of creative freedom.