Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I've never heard of the problem with collapsing sections, might need to fix that sometime.
The problem with the percentage sign (and a few other codes) is a security measurement to avoid code injection and the forum being hacked.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

1) Collapse one of the forum sections on the main forum page. Refresh, bam, bad request.
That was the nasty crime I did and I swear I never will do that again, so help me Unixmad!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I've never heard of the problem with collapsing sections, might need to fix that sometime.
The problem with the percentage sign (and a few other codes) is a security measurement to avoid code injection and the forum being hacked.
I guess Graal is the only board out of thousands of more populated ones that is worried about vBulletin (a forum software which has been used by tens of thousands of people, and tested over and over since version 1) having some sort of glitch leading to code injection?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
The only thing I am having a problem with is the "Whos online" quick link, or "Currently Active Users" link from the main page. Just says it's waiting for the forums, but never goes to the page. No errors, it just never goes to the page. I used to, but not for the past few days.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It's probably one of the plug-ins or something.
The only plugins i see are the Project Tools and the Blogs, both developed by vBulletin, so that rules that out, i think. I bet upgrading to 3.8.4 might fix a few things.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
It's not a firefox problem, it's a forums problem. You probably collapsed one of the sections or something, which causes a bad request.
Do you know this from experience or from my thread? I made a thread detailing this problem years ago - unsurprisingly, with no technical developers on the forums, it has gone unfixed.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Also, not having the apache mod_security is common for causing that error on vb.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Do you know this from experience or from my thread? I made a thread detailing this problem years ago - unsurprisingly, with no technical developers on the forums, it has gone unfixed.
I've heard about it and tested it myself and helped people with it before.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I completely agree, especially when percent signs are often used or need to be used in threads and posts.
I second this. I use percent signs in about 90% of my posts, so it gets kind of annoying.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I second this. I use percent signs in about 90... of my posts, so it gets kind of annoying.
Oooooooh the irony!

oh ****, bad request!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Why can you use the % sign? D=
Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Why can you use the ... sign? D=
Percent signs can be used to hack the forums!

You bastards, stop using them! I can't even quote you!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Percent signs can be used to hack the forums!

You bastards, stop using them! I can't even quote you!
There's a simple grease monkey script to allow the use of % signs. Even if they were used to inject code - converting them to text-friendly versions would prevent that.

100% Stupid excuse.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I guess Graal is the only board out of thousands of more populated ones that is worried about vBulletin (a forum software which has been used by tens of thousands of people, and tested over and over since version 1) having some sort of glitch leading to code injection?
vBulletin is reporting quite often problems of code injection. You can do weekly patches to fix those problems, try to disable features or use code injection protection. We decided to make patches regulary (each few months) and also use code injection protection to stay secure.