Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I noticed that Graal v6 still has problems with (paused) sometimes showing up after peoples' names even if disablepause() is active. Seems to happen when people log on. This has become a bit of an issue on Graal Kingdoms because sometimes these players also aren't added to the clientside players array.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I noticed that Graal v6 still has problems with (paused) sometimes showing up after peoples' names even if disablepause() is active. Seems to happen when people log on.
I thought that was a V5 bug too. But yeah it's slightly annoying.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
When using the new TGUIAnimation effects in order to make a GUI hide/destroy, sometimes the GUI will destroy at the end of the animation, but then not be able to be recreated afterwards.
When this happens, it also breaks other animated GUIs, it could cause them to not appear, or it could cause them to appear but then be unresponsive (such as a button).
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's not destroying, only hiding controls.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It's not destroying, only hiding controls.
Could there perhaps be a variable within the animation control to automatically destroy once the animation has finished?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You can also catch the event onAnimationFinished(transition)
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You can also catch the event onAnimationFinished(transition)
The reason a variable would have been helpful was in the event of the weapon containing the GUI script destroying, right now I'm just calling a function to a different weapon and then destroying GUIs after a scheduleevent.

If you had multiple GUIs using the same transition, wouldn't that function collide?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
If you had multiple GUIs using the same transition, wouldn't that function collide?
I suppose you catch the event from the GUI object you animate?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I suppose you catch the event from the GUI object you animate?
Oh true I misread. In that case I suppose I could always catch the event in a separate weapon from the one being destroyed.

Edit: Works, albeit this is slightly complicated when there's a chance the GUI can quickly be recreated, and its creation is also animated.
Which means I have:

Class within Weapon about to be destroyed -

PHP Code:
temp.gui.destroying true;
SomeSystemWeapon.scheduleDestroyGUI(temp.gui); 
Weapon -

PHP Code:
public function scheduleDestroyGUI(temp.gui){

thiso.catchevent(temp.gui.name"onAnimationFinished""destroyGUI");
}

function 
destroyGUI(temp.gui){
  if(
temp.gui.destroying){

this.ignoreevent(temp.gui.name"onAnimationFinished");

temp.gui.destroy();
  }

Whereas using the scheduleevent method it would be:

Class within Weapon about to be destroyed -

PHP Code:
SomeSystemWeapon.scheduleDestroyGUI(temp.guitemp.time); 
PHP Code:
public function scheduleDestroyGUI(temp.guitemp.time){

thiso.scheduleEvent(temp.time"DestroyGUI"temp.gui);
}

function 
onDestroyGUI(temp.gui){
  if(
temp.gui != NULL){

temp.gui.destroy();
  }

It works fine for me either way, I just thought a built-in variable to handle it would make things easier.

Last edited by ffcmike; 02-24-2012 at 02:44 AM..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Recently I have been having problems with the client freezing up for no reason and forcing me to close and reopen it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
Recently I have been having problems with the client freezing up for no reason and forcing me to close and reopen it.
Minimize/Maximize it.
Fixes this for me.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Minimize/Maximize it.
Fixes this for me.
But you shouldn't have to do that to fix it though, that's why I posted it here so it can be fixed
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
But you shouldn't have to do that to fix it though, that's why I posted it here so it can be fixed
Well, it's at least a bandaid solution until it's actually resolved, right?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:33 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, but has anyone noticed little red lines in GUIs? I thought it was just an Era problem, but they also appear on the login window. I'm running windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

Edit: Also happens in v5, I'll test to confirm though.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, but has anyone noticed little red lines in GUIs? I thought it was just an Era problem, but they also appear on the login window. I'm running windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

Edit: Also happens in v5, I'll test to confirm though.
I your think GuiBlue image got replaced with a broken one causing the red line to appear.

Tags
graal v6, windows