Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 AM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara112 View Post
I believe KaidaChan aka Fuza has the potential to take over as manager of the server. Let's give her a chance and put Unholy Nation back on the list, seeing as it's currently stable.
She gave me some details on her plan. It sounds like it could work. She is taking into consideration the history of UN and not just completely trashing everything.

I think with her running the server, it could revive.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
look let's be real here

un's history is pretty terrible
Old 04-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
look let's be real here

un's history is pretty terrible
It's management hasn't been the best in recent years, that's true. But it's still a server filled with content.

But now that a few toxic people are now finally banished, I think Unholy Nation will rebuild in a positive manner.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara112 View Post
But it's still a server filled with content.
quantity over quality at its finest, though
Old 04-13-2016, 05:18 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
UN has been 0% quality 100% playerbase for a long time. Their mistake was trying to take the server seriously.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Soul is on a distinguished road
Both locals and globals screwed up by allowing this to happen, and I think it's pretty irresponsible that a PWA is in this thread crediting another player with "speeding up the inevitable." When Graal allows someone as unintelligent as MidNight Chill to run rampant for 5+ years, when all he does is harass the community and cause problems, you don't go and credit him for bringing down the server. You're just feeding into that creepy superiority complex of his. He isn't responsible for this. The staff are.

Admittedly, I didn't play much from 2009 onwards. During the brief periods I did, it seemed like the only loyal UN players that met the qualifications of Manager were probably Manta, Hoyt, Rage, Ph8, and a few others. Many didn't want to step up, so people who had no business being Manager were put in that position (Malinko, Spryte, Okilian, Stowen, HK, and so on). Globals aren't at fault for that. It's a consequence of how poor the UN community has been for a long time. Many of them had zero developmental capability or experience. I'm sure the majority who took the position saw it as something that could benefit them and their friends rather than an opportunity for them to improve the server.

The sad part is how UN went out of its way to try and integrate toxic players like MidNight into their community. When someone is attacking your server, you don't give them NPCs around the map. You don't let them sit in mass messages harassing players all day long. All of you, except Carlito, seemed afraid of MidNight. It's as if UN was so desperate for players, or not to be bothered, that you'd let him do anything he wanted. While Carlito probably handled it arrogantly at times, at least he didn't allow MidNight to walk all over UN like local staff did. Then, when Carlito would log off after handling janitorial duties, the entire server would talk badly about him and claim that he's the one responsible for UN's problems.

Go look at the visitor message that OP left in Carlito's profile, it's a prime example of what I mean. I mean, that's probably because OP himself is MidNight and he posted this thread specifically to get attention, but yeah.

That being said, I will admit that Carlito probably should not be in the position he is if he's going to get hacked every other week. It's pretty embarrassing to see a community so fearful of someone when the extent of what he can do is resolve IP through a Skype username (can't even do that anymore) and paste it into a UDP flooder that he probably pays $5/month for. I'm sure most of what has happened recently was the doing of Fogles, anyway. MidNight is in no way a "hacker" or someone to be afraid of. If you knew what his real life was like, you'd be anything but intimidated.

Back to UN's collapse being inevitable though: I disagree. It was avoidable. I'm glad it did happen though, because it's the UN community that brought it upon themselves. Globals could have done a lot more, but it's that awful lineage of management and players that acted as insiders for cancerous players, got hacked, continued to embrace said "hacker" in full Stockholm syndrome style, and inevitably allowed the entire situation to ruin the server.

So, congratulations, after more than a decade of pretending to be people he isn't and causing problems for the game, the trash-era UN community has finally given MidNight the reputation that he has craved for so long. The true loser here is iClassic though, because that's where the UN community will migrate to next.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
Both locals and globals screwed up by allowing this to happen, and I think it's pretty irresponsible that a PWA is in this thread crediting another player with "speeding up the inevitable." When Graal allows someone as unintelligent as MidNight Chill to run rampant for 5+ years, when all he does is harass the community and cause problems, you don't go and credit him for bringing down the server. You're just feeding into that creepy superiority complex of his. He isn't responsible for this. The staff are.

Admittedly, I didn't play much from 2009 onwards. During the brief periods I did, it seemed like the only loyal UN players that met the qualifications of Manager were probably Manta, Hoyt, Rage, Ph8, and a few others. Many didn't want to step up, so people who had no business being Manager were put in that position (Malinko, Spryte, Okilian, Stowen, HK, and so on). Globals aren't at fault for that. It's a consequence of how poor the UN community has been for a long time. Many of them had zero developmental capability or experience. I'm sure the majority who took the position saw it as something that could benefit them and their friends rather than an opportunity for them to improve the server.

The sad part is how UN went out of its way to try and integrate toxic players like MidNight into their community. When someone is attacking your server, you don't give them NPCs around the map. You don't let them sit in mass messages harassing players all day long. All of you, except Carlito, seemed afraid of MidNight. It's as if UN was so desperate for players, or not to be bothered, that you'd let him do anything he wanted. While Carlito probably handled it arrogantly at times, at least he didn't allow MidNight to walk all over UN like local staff did. Then, when Carlito would log off after handling janitorial duties, the entire server would talk badly about him and claim that he's the one responsible for UN's problems.

Go look at the visitor message that OP left in Carlito's profile, it's a prime example of what I mean. I mean, that's probably because OP himself is MidNight and he posted this thread specifically to get attention, but yeah.

That being said, I will admit that Carlito probably should not be in the position he is if he's going to get hacked every other week. It's pretty embarrassing to see a community so fearful of someone when the extent of what he can do is resolve IP through a Skype username (can't even do that anymore) and paste it into a UDP flooder that he probably pays $5/month for. I'm sure most of what has happened recently was the doing of Fogles, anyway. MidNight is in no way a "hacker" or someone to be afraid of. If you knew what his real life was like, you'd be anything but intimidated.

Back to UN's collapse being inevitable though: I disagree. It was avoidable. I'm glad it did happen though, because it's the UN community that brought it upon themselves. Globals could have done a lot more, but it's that awful lineage of management and players that acted as insiders for cancerous players, got hacked, continued to embrace said "hacker" in full Stockholm syndrome style, and inevitably allowed the entire situation to ruin the server.

So, congratulations, after more than a decade of pretending to be people he isn't and causing problems for the game, the trash-era UN community has finally given MidNight the reputation that he has craved for so long. The true loser here is iClassic though, because that's where the UN community will migrate to next.
Amen to all of that
Old 04-18-2016, 02:39 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
RIP UN Past - Present. In our hearts you will continue living your undisputed legacy <3
Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 PM
RIP Darkcloud_PK
weeway will become famous soon enough
UNs community became reduced to a few oldies who were chill, a bunch of kids, and messed up people. It use to be a fun place to log on now its dreadful.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:54 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
N-Pulse
Old 04-20-2016, 04:26 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I think it's funny people are still pointing fingers till this day. It seems like it would be a surprise to everyone if they were told it was fun while it lasted but it's a kids game and we all grew up. Good times
Old 04-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Former N-Pulse Manager
Gold1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Gold1 Send a message via MSN to Gold1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
I legit, could not state this any better myself.
How a PWA can shut a server down that has been around for over a decade without any sense of consequence is beyond me and we all need to look at the bigger problem here.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:13 PM
The current globals are having a VERY bad impact on this game right now. Wow.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Wow I've been Darlened for the first time, I'm honored!

But anyway, to sum up the position of graal here, we've removed UN's staff team, we're not giving a reason and don't ask for a reason or we'll delete your post.

Professionally handled, as always.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:07 PM
I've never seen such blatant hate and carelessness towards a server that has been around for years.

This right here is some serious corruption.
Closed Thread