Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 05:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
A real improvement.

Until Graal is F2P like it was a decade ago you're not going to get a large amount of new players. The ones that do join Graal are now experiencing the Zodiac and Era bandwagon effect, an advantage UN had a monopoly on for so many years.

So what does UN have to do to atleast try to stand a chance? Release a complicated system? Develop an elaborate event? Try to release another quest? More hats?

Nope.

The few of you that were around way back will remember that UN was never serious. It's not only an unserious server, but a bad server. UN was and has always been low quality, but that's the fun of it. Developers just developed crap and tossed it everywhere, graphics were constantly uploaded even if they sucked (stolen heads from Valikorlia made it to UN and became popular Graal-wide), levels were always being made by the LAT teams and uploaded even if they weren't top notch, etc. This is what made UN so fun to play for newer players. Even if the content released was ****, it was STILL content and both new and old players alike could enjoy it. UN isn't about deep gameplay, it's about 13 year old *****s sitting around OSL and cracking jokes at eachother. It's about egotistical 16 year olds hogging up the spar ring on their 25 win-streaks. It's about attention-seeking barely legal girls getting things their way because they are female.

UN will continue to die until it's finally removed off the playerlist because no one can accept what it really is. PWA won't intervene, because there's no drama. Era had PWA knocking on its door every year, but they can't do a thing to UN. The only thing I saw was Tig logging on and implementing a mandatory chat filter on that server alone (ty anti-censorship warrior). How can UN be fixed? It needs to be handled the way it was meant to be handled, not trying to take an old Graal playerworld and desperately mixing G2k1 economy mentality and neo-Classic questing. Even if all this were to happen, it might be too late.

Welp, got that off my chest. Cya.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Hmmmm

Yep
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Until Graal is F2P
There's the problem, a free to play model requires some coherence and order. Stefan and Unixmad don't want to put such time towards something chaotic.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
There's the problem, a free to play model requires some coherence and order. Stefan and Unixmad don't want to put such time towards something chaotic.
Not quite, because even after Graal went P2P UN still held the highest playercount for many years. The F2P problem is Graal-wide, but it's crippled UN because UN has nothing to keep its players interested, whereas before it did.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not quite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet. Unholy Nation is a special case because it's not based on leveling or so, so that limitations are not necessary making as much sense as on a server like Zodiac or Kingdoms.
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff and the money is made in selling items to player, so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured. Hopefully we can do more about this in 2012.
Yeah, not quite.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Yeah, not quite.
F2P doesn't require "coherence and order". How is iClassic coherent and ordered? It isn't. You can practically apply almost all of the policies there to UN aswell, so the only real question then would be "to what extent" regarding how much players will be limited.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned
Quote:
How is iClassic coherent and ordered? It isn't.
They have fairly tight controls over currency, with at least some guidelines/procedures for item selling, while their developers do not have full creative freedom. It may not be perfect but it is to a certain extent streamlined.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Even with F2P, I doubt UN would return to it's glory. Let's face it, there is NOTHING to do on UN, that you can't do on Zodiac or Era. The only reason I played UN, the only reason my friends played UN, was because someone started us off there. With connections dying, new players have no reason to stick to UN.

UN's problem (IMO) is that it's stuck in the past. Just idling isn't cool anymore. With Xbox 360, Ps3, and more out, what does UN bring to the table? UN needs to restructure itself to have more quests, a storyline, and other features for the feel of a complete game. Player's need to feel that what they are doing is important to the development of their Character. On Era, you kill people and get money and more HP, among other things. Same with Zodiac. UN will follow Babylon, Delt, and others because it refused to change. Thats the problem with Oldbies constantly running the servers. They always want it back to the they first saw it.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Even with F2P, I doubt UN would return to it's glory. Let's face it, there is NOTHING to do on UN, that you can't do on Zodiac or Era. The only reason I played UN, the only reason my friends played UN, was because someone started us off there. With connections dying, new players have no reason to stick to UN.

UN's problem (IMO) is that it's stuck in the past. Just idling isn't cool anymore. With Xbox 360, Ps3, and more out, what does UN bring to the table? UN needs to restructure itself to have more quests, a storyline, and other features for the feel of a complete game. Player's need to feel that what they are doing is important to the development of their Character. On Era, you kill people and get money and more HP, among other things. Same with Zodiac. UN will follow Babylon, Delt, and others because it refused to change. Thats the problem with Oldbies constantly running the servers. They always want it back to the they first saw it.
This is just false, there are a ton of things you can do on UN that you can't do on Era and Zodiac, the most basic of these being actually play classic style graal with default swords and such. Just with that it will continue to hang on until another classic style server comes out. Also it has bowling, tower defense, an arcade with games, the best events on classic tab, board games, five tournaments a week, etc.

The problem is observer mode. Oldbies get bored of the content because they've played for so long. New players would try the things on the server and like them. For example, everyone on UN complains about castle wars and wants it to be remade, but its easily better than any of the forts on iphone.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
The problem is nobody active on UN is very good at development, but that's not really a problem. It's UN's style. They should at least be pushing out content.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
All people do is whine about how bad a server is, but they never have any intentions of fixing it. Anyone can state an obvious problem, but since you know how to make a "real improvement" I would like to see you try to get something in the works. If you aren't going to, then just let it be because if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Owner of Corinthia
r3ckless is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to r3ckless Send a message via MSN to r3ckless
UN also won't get new players because eveyone that plays that dead server scares away all the new players by making fun of them, and making them feel like they don't belong. When one person picks on a noob, they ALL pick on that noob. I've watched it time and again. I never see those players back on either. They dont help them or anything. Its rediculous.

Yep.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Owner of Corinthia
r3ckless is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to r3ckless Send a message via MSN to r3ckless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I would like to see you try to get something in the works.
I've applied for UN plenty of times. I know my work isn't the greatest, but it's definitely equal to or somewhat greater than some of the stuff on there.

Yep.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
I've applied for UN plenty of times. I know my work isn't the greatest, but it's definitely equal to or somewhat greater than some of the stuff on there.
Which means rastafaria will be better then UN?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Why not just let UN die? Y'all just need to give up and play Words With Friends